Thread: Bring back naming of heroes

Default Bring back naming of heroes

Hello everyone,

I number of people have mentioned on Skype and in a couple of threads in the forum (yes you Crunchie!) that it would be great to bring back the chance to name your hero.

People never really understood why the choice was removed, and it added another personal touch to an account instead of just naming villages.

Would anyone else like to see the ability to name your hero reinstated?

Lag
    Iím not good-looking. I used to be but not anymore. Not like Robert Taylor. What I have got is I have character in my face. Itís taken an awful lot of late nights and drinking to put it there. When I go to work in a picture, I say, ĎDonít take the lines out of my face. Leave them there'
    - Humphrey Bogart

UK2 - Rehab

Community Manager UK/US CM mhudson's Avatar

I have added this to the weekly feedback. If this is something that many people support then it may be considered for future builds
    CM mhudson
    Community Manager
    Travian: Legends US/UK

128-10-93-85-10-128-98-112-6-6-25-126-39-1-68-78

I would to see it back again, during the boring parts of their server the hero name banter was probably the most exciting part.

I think once we managed to get the who page as song lyrics! That was a good day
    THE
    NOTORIOUS
    CRUNCHIE

I vote yes , love hero names

Honoured Natarian MemberHonoured Natarian MemberHonoured Natarian MemberHonoured Natarian Member Trouble's Avatar

yeah

removing this feature was stupid imo

what does the hero name really alter to the game

it was also cool to see what kind of unit the hero was

for example.. weirdos who picked axemen...
    wtf!?

t
    No-cringe signature.

I'm in - Bring back the name, I miss my Wendy...

Quote Originally Posted by lagushki View Post
    Would anyone else like to see the ability to name your hero reinstated?

Lag
    I'd love it reinstated, my life has been barren since they stopped the naming of heroes, I search and search but unable to find the naming function.
    My life would be complete if it was reinstalled.
    Failing that, could they please sort out the medal codes and have them newest first instead of at the bottom of the list, come later weeks, copy, pasting and scrolling is a chore, so many medals.

Epic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton Member commander's Avatar

Yes, I miss the inevitable classics such as 'Donkey Schlong' etc.

For the people who started playing after this stopped, it was great fun naming your hero (or heroine) and having the ability to change it depending on the circumstances.

People started games around hero names... it really added some fun to the forum.

Lag
    Iím not good-looking. I used to be but not anymore. Not like Robert Taylor. What I have got is I have character in my face. Itís taken an awful lot of late nights and drinking to put it there. When I go to work in a picture, I say, ĎDonít take the lines out of my face. Leave them there'
    - Humphrey Bogart

UK2 - Rehab

never understood why this function was even removed...let me name my hero 42069dude nothing wrong with that

I liked hero names too. Completely forgot that you got to choose which unit to make him. Bring them back!
    Once I was Mercy and before that I was Anonymous.
    It takes a very special kind of person to lose email addresses.
    For small mercies and mHudson, be grateful.

Everybody loved this feature in t3.6. For some reason wasn't included in T4. Everybody wants this feature to come back... whether they know it or not lol!

What's the last question you would want me to ask in this sig?
    Here it is:
    What's the purpose of life?

Ah but this goes against everything travian does; it takes poles and questioners of features people are interested in, takes the least popular and pushes it through leaving loads of genuinely good improvements forgotten about in its wake.

Still haven't heard anything more about the '6 out of 7 features are happening' saga.

I don't see why travian would ever add something to the game that the players actually want...

Honoured Natarian MemberHonoured Natarian MemberHonoured Natarian MemberHonoured Natarian Member Trouble's Avatar

yeah plus there used to be options right, before there was "books" to read, you had to be carefull what you put your points in. because if you messed up, you would need an entirely new hero.

Maybe no one did this, but you could have an axeman that you stacked % offensive, on and a spearman for % defence.
    Then you would kill the axeman if you needed to do some defending and send the spearman with his % def bonus.

Also It would effect the speed of movement, agian weirdos picked axemen never made anysense to me, either you use your original maceman, or you use the paladin.

I remember getting annoyed at aslan for having a TK hero.. No reason at all, other than TK would have hte highest offensive score since instead of having default hero +80 per point gual/tueton and +100 for roman (which is b.s btw!) the hero fighting ability would scale based on the troop type.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9d7eb1f0a60e8af9674254a6fc41d8db.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	627.7 KB 
ID:	7032
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hotstuff.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	7.7 KB 
ID:	7033
    No-cringe signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    No reason at all, other than TK would have hte highest offensive score since instead of having default hero +80 per point gual/tueton and +100 for roman (which is b.s btw!)
    Sorry, was that ruining the over powered cranny plunder bonus for you?

Though to be fair, these days Teutons are always the smallest percentage tribe
    THE
    NOTORIOUS
    CRUNCHIE