Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Unplanned Outage

Community Manager UK/US CM mhudson's Avatar

Default Unplanned Outage

Dear Players

We are deeply sorry for the current situation and would like to update you about it.

This morning our datacenter faced an issue that caused all our services to go offline. We are still working on a solution to bring everything back to working order, but, as you probably can imagine, this will take quite a lot of time. This is partly due to the reason that there are currently more than 250 active game worlds in Travian: Legends alone.

During the day, we will continue trying to bring back all the game worlds and perform the following actions:

- All troops that starved during the blackout will be restored.
    - We will enable truce for 1 day and block starvation for 2 days.
    - We will elaborate a compensation plan to make up for this issue. (Details will follow later)

We will keep you informed via our communication platforms (forum & Facebook), so stay tuned for more information!

Your Travian Team

UPDATE:

Dear Community,
    We know that it has been a tough day for you, and we are really sorry for the inconvenience. If you have followed the Facebook page status updates you know that we faced a technical issue in our datacenter which was caused by a component which broke (hardware). We heard rumors about hacking and ransomware, no worries nothing like that happened. It was a physical problem!
    We want to make up for the unforeseen issue with a gift to all of you, so on Friday we will compensate each domain with 5 Gold and 500 Silver for each downtime hour. Which means for your community that you will be credited with 65 Gold and 6500 Silver. Since we have more than 250 server where we need to run the script please be patient, we will try to inform you as soon as the our community is done.
    Thanks for your understanding,
    Cheers

UPDATE

There is a slight discrepancy with the displayed truce end time in the fact it does no include seconds.

For clarity:

Truce ends 25/5/17 at 17:07:03 with +/- 1-4 second transition.
    No starvation ends 26/5/17 at 17:07:03

It is recommended not to plan to land attacks before 17:07:07 to be confident that they will land outside of the truce.

UPDATE

Status update: We found out that there was a gap in the script to restore starved troops and on some domain not all starved troops have been restored. No worries, they are not lost, in the next days we will restore all of them! We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Dear players!

We are very sorry for the technical issues with the ceasefire on some domains, when it ended not at the time, that had been announced.

In order to prevent this from happening with the non-starvation mode, we have now extended it so that it ends exactly at 26th of May at 1900 uk (20:00 GMT+2) in every gameworld of every domain.

Your Travian: Legends Team
    Last edited by CM mhudson; 26 May 2017 at 12:48 PM.
    CM mhudson
    Community Manager
    Travian: Legends US/UK

128-10-93-85-10-128-98-112-6-6-25-126-39-1-68-78

Epic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton Member commander's Avatar

I don't suppose there will be any kind of roll back? I'm wondering about how events occur during this outage. For instance on UK5 which is at the stage where a lot of people will be sending off settlers. Would any settlers that were sent off prior to the outage, continue on their travels whilst we have no access, or is their journey frozen so to speak?

I guess this may depend on the nature of the issue, but I'm none the wiser in any case.

Will that compensation plan also include the loss of troops due to insufficient numbers being at arti and WW villages (as a result of not being able to log in and send from elsewhere, and the same applies for heroes)?
    What about the fact that nobody can hit the 100 points for the daily challenges?
    Will those WW's that have been hit by Natars also get recompensed (as those due to be attacked during the truce will suffer no damage or loss)?
    And obviously the list goes on....

Don't really understand why you can't attack Natars.

The Troublesome One Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member Tombo457's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thorsson View Post
    Don't really understand why you can't attack Natars.
    You can?
    Pablo Escobar COMx - WWK
    DKx Comeback Round - Brian Fantana
    PublicEnemy UKx9 - http://i.imgur.com/l23a9.png

So, no starvation for 48 hours (is that after the ceasefire ends). That's nice for all the people who have produced too many troops and not enough wheat fields. What about players like me with loads of wheat fields who log back in to find everything full?
    Tons of wasted wheat doesn't matter, but a few dead troops and we stop the server?

I guess the best thing to do is to post grievances about any effects this has and see if compensation can be offered. Seems to have been a major outage going on.
    Once I was Mercy and before that I was Anonymous.
    It takes a very special kind of person to lose email addresses.
    For small mercies and mHudson, be grateful.

Quote Originally Posted by Tombo457 View Post
    You can?
    No you can't, comes back with a New Year's greeting instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Tombo457 View Post
    You can?
    You can't. At least not at the moment. Nor nature either.

On Uk1 we had a lot of incomings coming in on our alliance. I am the largest player on the server and a defence player. The server went down 2hrs before I was sending out my defence and splitting the enemies' cata waves (and other players were unable to send their def and splits as well). We had a hammer caught at home and a large 15c capital croplocked so I am hoping that the compensation involves rollback for these accounts, or significant compensation (enough to rebuild fields and hammers)...

Regards,
    Last edited by Cretin; 24 May 2017 at 09:16 PM.
    UK5,1 Annoying Gaul/CDT, UK5,2 Colt Seavers/Geoffles, Au1,3 Stringfellow/AoW, Au4,2 Spirit/KGB, TKCom2 Stringfellow/xTools, UK3,8 Spirit/Resurge, UK1,10 Tauriel/Havoc, UK1/11 Incognito/Betrayed
    #9 crop UK T3, first in clubbies, #2 attacker, #10 hero
    Your game don't scare me, I got hit by this

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Clanger View Post
    Tons of wasted wheat doesn't matter...
    What would you have done with the Wheat?

There is the Auction. People may have lost silver due to there being no-one around to bid. Plus there's nothing to buy for 9 hours after it came back up.

This talk of compensation ..... I'm on UK2 ..... which has about two weeks left if we are lucky ..... giving us gold to spend on a server that is basically finished? ... what's the point. Your ceasefire is just letting the WW get higher.

- - - Updated - - -

"What would you have done with the Wheat?"

NPC it for other res ...... or trade in the market for other res ... and build troops (like the ones they are worried about starving)

By the looks of it, everything has not been restored, but I'm sure that the HQ will figure out a solution for this, wouldnt it have been "easier" to just roll back all of the servers?

Quote Originally Posted by CM mhudson View Post
    Dear Players

We are deeply sorry for the current situation and would like to update you about it.

This morning our datacenter faced an issue that caused all our services to go offline. We are still working on a solution to bring everything back to working order, but, as you probably can imagine, this will take quite a lot of time. This is partly due to the reason that there are currently more than 250 active game worlds in Travian: Legends alone.

During the day, we will continue trying to bring back all the game worlds and perform the following actions:

- All troops that starved during the blackout will be restored.
    - We will enable truce for 1 day and block starvation for 2 days.
    - We will elaborate a compensation plan to make up for this issue. (Details will follow later)

We will keep you informed via our communication platforms (forum & Facebook), so stay tuned for more information!

Your Travian Team
    Well Im still missing 10k troops in my main hammer and MH more or less says I wont get them back Do I contact you about this or?
    Ukx 24 ReDCaRD - BREX-IT
    Ukx 23 Fish&Chips - BREX-IT

Wait, wait, wait! I left troops in a village with the specific hope that they starved, and now I'm told they are being restored? Outrage!!!
    S1 - Chronos http://travian-reports.net/us/report/4025038ccb4
    IRL - Leonardo DiCaprio

The Troublesome One Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member Tombo457's Avatar

Since it hasn't been confirmed by mhudson yet, seems the compensation will be 50-65 gold and some silver... So glad I didn't have incoming when it went down or i'd be pretty mad if I had to rebuild a cap because of this...

Rollback would've definitely been the fairest option for all.
    Pablo Escobar COMx - WWK
    DKx Comeback Round - Brian Fantana
    PublicEnemy UKx9 - http://i.imgur.com/l23a9.png

Dear Community,
    We know that it has been a tough day for you, and we are really sorry for the inconvenience. If you have followed the Facebook page status updates you know that we faced a technical issue in our datacenter which was caused by a component which broke (hardware). We heard rumors about hacking and ransomware, no worries nothing like that happened. It was a physical problem!
    We want to make up for the unforeseen issue with a gift to all of you, so on Friday we will compensate each domain with 5 Gold and 500 Silver for each downtime hour. Which means for your community that you will be credited with 65 Gold and 6500 Silver. Since we have more than 250 server where we need to run the script please be patient, we will try to inform you as soon as the our community is done.
    Thanks for your understanding,
    Cheers
    CM mhudson
    Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by NeoRec View Post
    Well Im still missing 10k troops in my main hammer and MH more or less says I wont get them back Do I contact you about this or?

Starved troops should now have been restored. If they starved and have not been restored please contact the MH
    CM mhudson
    Community Manager

Due to travian being down I had to go and talk to real people! This required copious amounts of alcohol.

Will the compensation plan take this into consideration?

Not to mention the trauma of listening to their views on politics as if they have any clue on how to run a country!
    THE
    NOTORIOUS
    CRUNCHIE

Crunchie i feel your pain i had to spend the day listening to my wife nagging (a pain worse than death) please can the game developers compensate me with 2 bottles of ear ache drops

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast