Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Unplanned Outage

I was forced to go outside and cut the grass! No amount of compensation can make up for that!
    See all, hear all....know nowt

Community Manager UK/US CM mhudson's Avatar

UPDATE

There is a slight discrepancy with the displayed truce end time in the fact it does no include seconds.

For clarity:

Truce ends 25/5/17 at 17:07:03 with +/- 1-4 second transition.
    No starvation ends 26/5/17 at 17:07:03

It is recommended not to plan to land attacks before 17:07:07 to be confident that they will land outside of the truce.
    CM mhudson
    Community Manager
    Travian: Legends US/UK

128-10-93-85-10-128-98-112-6-6-25-126-39-1-68-78

All i can say, It is a right mess.
    Players will just loose interest in UK2 now, That it is almost complete.
    With wasted time along with it.

UPDATE

Status update: We found out that there was a gap in the script to restore starved troops and on some domain not all starved troops have been restored. No worries, they are not lost, in the next days we will restore all of them! We are sorry for the inconvenience.
    CM mhudson
    Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by CM mhudson View Post

It is recommended not to plan to land attacks before 17:07:07 to be confident that they will land outside of the truce.
    Between 17:07:49-52 it was lifted on ukx.

Thanks again for showing how completely incompetent Travian HQ is. Wasted my time, and no doubt multiple other people's as well that spent the afternoon timing raids to land when the truce had ended.

The Troublesome One Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member Tombo457's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UberFuzz View Post
    Between 17:07:49-52 it was lifted on ukx.

Thanks again for showing how completely incompetent Travian HQ is. Wasted my time, and no doubt multiple other people's as well that spent the afternoon timing raids to land when the truce had ended.
    Maybe its a sign from the Travian gods telling you you should've been outside enjoying the beautiful weather rather than inside timing raids...
    Pablo Escobar COMx - WWK
    DKx Comeback Round - Brian Fantana
    PublicEnemy UKx9 - http://i.imgur.com/l23a9.png

Quote Originally Posted by Tombo457 View Post
    Maybe its a sign from the Travian gods telling you you should've been outside enjoying the beautiful weather rather than inside timing raids...
    Perhaps we should all do this, then Travian would find it much easier to manage servers with no players on them. After all, travian players are a dying breed, you'd imagine they'd be trying their hardest to keep us, not annoy us into leaving.

Or maybe,

Just maybe

It's a long shot,

But maybe,

Just maybe,

Not be totally depend on a ceasefire to end for decent raid income?
    THE
    NOTORIOUS
    CRUNCHIE

Yes, of course, silly me for wanting to get a few full raids in before I start sending the lists out again, I should factor in how incompetent Travian is, and land my first raids 2-3 hrs after they say the truce is going to end, let them catch up and avoid disappointment.

Simply, if Travian make a point of giving a time a truce is going to end, and then give an update specifically telling people a recommended land time to be confident they will land after the truce, then they should make sure the information is correct. My raiding style or personal life don't come into it.

Key words;

Recommended

Dont land before

Happened to everyone, why is it only detrimental to you?
    THE
    NOTORIOUS
    CRUNCHIE

Quote Originally Posted by notorious crunchie View Post
    Key words;

Recommended

Dont land before

Happened to everyone, why is it only detrimental to you?
    HQs update:

"For clarity:

Truce ends 25/5/17 at 17:07:03 with +/- 1-4 second transition."

Key word - "clarity" so should be quite specific that the truce would be over at 17:07:07 at the very latest.

I also didn't land before, the truce ended 40-43 seconds after their "recommended" land time!

It isn't only detrimental to me, it's to everyone, which makes it even worse? Just because I'm the only one saying anything on the forums, doesn't mean I'm the only one annoyed by it, most people don't use the forums.

Everyone is annoyed, I'm annoyed

But we are all struggling together, including the travian staff

Not sure what you're hoping to achieve here is all
    THE
    NOTORIOUS
    CRUNCHIE

Epic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton Member commander's Avatar

I raided in the following minute. Win!

But we are all struggling together, including the travian staff

Not sure what you're hoping to achieve here is all
    Why should we struggle? They are a business, we are their customers, sometimes they forget that. We should be able to rely on them to be accurate when giving us (their customers) information.

Well play non gold then. That'll learn 'em
    THE
    NOTORIOUS
    CRUNCHIE

Not being a heavy raider it didn't effect me much, i had attacks bouncing off 15 seconds after the ceasefire supposedly ended but i can appreciate the annoyance to heavy raiders who would have changed their attacks to make the most of this opportunity, having their attacks bounce; as as we all know 1 second can make all the difference in this game. We're talking about raiding farms here but it could quite easily have been an organised alliance attack taking advantage of this that bounced which would have been hugely frustrating.

Someone spiked a farm!

Now that is something travian should apologise for
    THE
    NOTORIOUS
    CRUNCHIE

Dear players!

We are very sorry for the technical issues with the ceasefire on some domains, when it ended not at the time, that had been announced.

In order to prevent this from happening with the non-starvation mode, we have now extended it so that it ends exactly at 26th of May at 20:00 GMT+2 in every gameworld of every domain.

Your Travian: Legends Team
    CM mhudson
    Community Manager

I'm not annoyed. I play FIFA. Their servers crash/lag all the time.

I acknowledge that they (Travian and FIFA) are both just games, I play them for fun, therefore why get angry/annoyed? If you're angry/annoyed then you're not having fun.
    S1 - Chronos http://travian-reports.net/us/report/4025038ccb4
    IRL - Leonardo DiCaprio

Interesting concept xD But Travian is not like other games, you spend lot of time on it

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast