Default RoA features Announcement - Alliance Bonus & Deff points

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RoA-features-header.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	29.5 KB 
ID:	6989

RoA feature – Alliance bonuses

Short description:

Players from the alliance can donate resources in order to unlock various bonuses for all players of the alliance. There are 4 types of bonuses and each of them has 5 unlockable levels, which gradually increase the effect of a bonus.

Below you can see what bonuses are available and what are their effects:
    Recruitment: Troop production in all troop producing buildings are faster.
    Philosophy: Culture Points will be produced faster. (Townhall Celebrations are not affected).
    Metallurgy: Troop Values (Off and Def) will be increased on top of their Smithy upgrade levels.
    Commerce: Merchants will have a bigger capacity.

Effects

The effect of each of the bonuses depends on their level:

Level Name:  ROA1.JPG
Views: 236
Size:  10.0 KB Name:  roa2.JPG
Views: 236
Size:  10.0 KB Name:  ROA3.JPG
Views: 241
Size:  9.7 KB Name:  ROA4.JPG
Views: 238
Size:  10.0 KB
    Recruitment Philosophy Metallurgy Commerce
    Level 0 0 % 0 % 0 % 0 %
    Level 1 2 % 2 % 2 % 20 %
    Level 2 4 % 4 % 4 % 40 %
    Level 3 6 % 6 % 6 % 60 %
    Level 4 8 % 8 % 8 % 80 %
    Level 5 (max) 10 % 10 % 10 % 100 %

Unlocking bonuses

Each level requires a different amount of resources to unlock – the higher the level, the higher the amount.
    All 4 bonuses have same requirements / upgrade times.
    Once players contributed the required amount of resources, the countdown for unlocking the level starts. The amounts and time depends on the level.
    Additionally there is a limit of how many resources a player can contribute each day, depending on the level of the most developed bonus in the alliance.
    It doesn’t matter which resources are donated. Only overall amount is calculated, not the resource type.
    It is not possible to contribute resources when the next level is in the process of unlocking.

Time, limits and required donations to unlock each level are shown in the table below:

Current bonus level Upgrade time Required donations Donation limit
    Level 0 to Level 1 24 hours ( / speed) 2.400.000 res 300.000 res (* speed)
    Level 1 to Level 2 48 hours ( / speed) 19.200.000 res 400.000 res (* speed)
    Level 2 to Level 3 72 hours ( / speed) 38.400.000 res 550.000 res (* speed)
    Level 3 to Level 4 96 hours ( / speed) 76.800.000 res 750.000 res (* speed)
    Level 4 to Level 5 120 hours ( / speed) 153.600.000 res 1.000.000 res (* speed)
    Level 5 ongoing --- (highest level) --- (highest level) --- (highest level)

For 3 gold you can triple your donation, for example donating 10000 resources would count as 30000 – but you still cannot go over your donation limit that way.

Important notes

Recruitment bonus is multiplied with the corresponding hero items effects (Helmet of Mercenary etc).
    Philosophy bonus counts CP, which is produced only by buildings and hero helmets. Artworks, Townhall celebrations and Quest rewards will not benefit from the alliance bonus.
    The bonus from Metallurgy is multiplied with the Smithy upgrades.
    Commerce bonus is multiplied with the effect of Trade office.
    Example:
    Base Gaul merchant capacity = 750
    Capacity with Level 3 Bonus: 750 * 1,6 = 1200
    Capacity with Level 3 Bonus and Level 20 Trade Office: 750 * 1,6 * 3 = 3600

Once the bonus is unlocked, it is active for all players in the alliance with some exceptions for new players:

Current bonus level Available for newly joined players
    Level 0 immediately
    Level 1 immediately
    Level 2 after 24 hours ( / speed)
    Level 3 after 48 hours ( / speed)
    Level 4 after 72 hours ( / speed)
    Level 5 after 96 hours ( / speed)

Example: Alliance has level 3 Metallurgy bonus on x3 speed server. A player who joins that alliance will get the bonus for their troops after 16 hours (48/3) since joining.

RoA feature – defense point distribution

Short description:

The defense points were granted to the defending village owner even if all of the defending units were reinforcements from other players. This has been changed so that the defense points are split among all defenders based on the crop supply of defending units which took part in village defense.

The calculation of defense points is shown in the example below:

Players Army Crop supply Defense points before Defense points now
    Player A (Attacker) 1200 clubswingers 1200 - -
    Player B (Defender – village owner) 1000 phalanxes 1*1000 = 1000 1200 300 (25 %)
    Player C (Reinforcement 1) 1000 phalanxes 1*1000 = 1000 0 300 (25 %)
    Player D (Reinforcement 2) 1000
    paladins
    2*1000 = 2000 0 600 (50 %)

As you can see, player who reinforced village by 1000 paladins will get more defense points. In general, this means that active defenders who often reinforce other players will get more recognition for their efforts and will get chance to go to the top of the rankings.
    Last edited by CM mhudson; 10 May 2017 at 07:46 AM.
    CM mhudson
    Community Manager
    Travian: Legends US/UK

128-10-93-85-10-128-98-112-6-6-25-126-39-1-68-78

These changes sucks - If the germans actually knew how to think they would have sent a survey out on all legends server and asked if the people who actually play legends can vote if they want their gameplay changed so drasticly - I bet that the % would be something like 88% no changes, 7% deff points, 3% both, 2% that other ***** change they came up with.

I also refuse to believe that that survey havent been tampered with in some way - but in either case like 99,9% of people who play travian is not on forum. Why on earth would they put a such deciding pole on forum - Screams that they want a specific result.
    Last edited by Rome; 04 May 2017 at 08:07 AM.

Updated.
    Last edited by Lord Aslan; 04 May 2017 at 08:20 AM.

What's the last question you would want me to ask in this sig?
    Here it is:
    What's the purpose of life?

You've seen the title of that thread..... Yes???

"As you may remember, we announced some time ago that our plan for this year was to implement two features from the RoA version of the game on the regular servers."

You should try read what it says in the posts and the links i sent in second post mate

Ah thanks for that.

Let me ask you a question. Do you like the farm lists feature? Do you like the hero system?

Here it is:

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Aslan View Post
    Ah thanks for that.

Let me ask you a question. Do you like the farm lists feature? Do you like the hero system?
    I came to the game on the first T4.0 in Denmark mate so i never tried anything else so cant really talk about how it was in T3.6

So sure i like it because thats what i have always played with I can imagine the outrage there was when it was implemented though as it was dramatic changes - Like these ones so those who played the game back then would be fourious. - In the pole one Placebo made an excellent post saying that Travian shouldnt be worried about bringing new features into Legends as Legends requires a consistent game play - The post is not very long but i think the point is very decent

- - - Updated - - -

I assume your point is that people have learned to live with the changes that was made when T4 was introduced - My point would then be that i think the servers had way more people on it back then and that even though Travian is slowly dying they already got Roa servers and such to try new things and try to get more new people to play

If changing legends they are desperatly grasping for an audience that could just go play RoA to get the features that they are implemented but HUGHLY failing to maintain the audience they already have

Also i might add in that based people online on the danish roa and the uk one compared to the legends server - Legends is way more populair but i dont really have an acc on a RoA server to check how many players there are - But if my assumption that legends is more populair is correct why would you then implement features from a less populair way of playing the game to it
    Last edited by Rome; 04 May 2017 at 08:40 AM.

More people play Legends simply because they're familiar with it. It's human nature to kick up against change even if the change is what's best for them. Legends is outdated and should probably be scratched all together... What you have in RoA works, where Legends no longer does. By slowly implementing the changes, they can then eventually look to scratch Legends altogether.

Here it is:

Any drastic changes is not a slow change mate - Travian is a dying game yes but Legends is way better than RoA At least in my opinion and since it is more populair i will make the assumption also in others - Travian is trying to grasp for new players that they are already seems to be failing to get on RoA by driving their Legends player away - Explain that logic lol

If they were to scratch Legends they should honestly just scratch the game mate

Which is why they're not simply scratching it. The above change really is not huge. Artifacts was huge. Auctions was huge. This is barely noticeable in comparison.

Here it is:

Sure it was huge to implent auctions and artefacts - But saying those changes is not huge is like saying that exchanging meat from a cow in all beefs with meat from a pig is no big change mate - A bit stretch out but basicly the same

Meh, regardless of how big it is, you'll find these changes are beneficial. Getting def ranking for reinforcing someone else is way more fair. I was rank 1 off and rank 1 def for some time on the current RoA without being attacked myself. It encourages team play way more.

Here it is:

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Aslan View Post
    Meh, regardless of how big it is, you'll find these changes are beneficial. Getting def ranking for reinforcing someone else is way more fair. I was rank 1 off and rank 1 def for some time on the current RoA without being attacked myself. It encourages team play way more.
    I am sure it can be benefitial in some ways - That is the least drastic of the 2 i would say and also in generel a way better idea than the other ***** *** they came up with but i am still not convinced that, that one is gonna bring other than trouble either mate in other ways (people moan enough already if their deff is not placed the right places - i imagien with it being a competition it would make that worse - and you would for sure know if say got a NAP or something like it under the table) - If were to live with one of them then yeah sure that one but i personally like the way as it is - I dont wanna play RoA and since i dont wanna play RoA i wouldnt start on a new server with RoA features - I play Legends cause i like it - If i didnt i assume i would be playing RoA already or find myself a different game

You can't compare this change to farmlists or hero system. Yes, they made you have to relearn things in the game, and change your gameplan, but it was on an individual basis. It changed the game for you, and not everyone around you, and didn't affect new players much.

A change like this punishes you for choosing to play in a small team, because of the limit on the resources each account can donate. Bonuses like 10% more training speed and attack power will be strictly and absolutely mandatory for any serious account, meaning you will be forced into playing in larger teams, even if you don't want to.

It's probably not a bad thing in TG's eyes, since they obviously don't play the game, and only think that larger alliances will make the game more social and noob-friendly, which it also will to some degree. However, most servers are already too small - you'd be forced into recruiting just about anyone, so that you can get to the highest bonus as fast as possible. And most of these recruitees would be there only for that purpose, and not for actually playing with the team that started the alliance.

This is quite a drastic change in gameplay for Legends, and the game will be completely different next time you play. You can no longer play with only the team you enjoy playing with and trust.
    Last edited by Placebo; 04 May 2017 at 12:06 PM.

a change like this will encourage merging for little alliances and will help people in longer run.

though as I played games with or without that option I can tell for sure that It's not a huge deal or game changer at all.

regarding the defense point distribution : Its fair to announce the real defender as the defender. if you have a problem with defenders names going out - you should argue for hiding the rankings completely and to let them remove the medals from the game

Epic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton Member commander's Avatar

Defence points...Highlighting who the defenders are (without making the opposition do anything to work it out themselves) is not something I'd personally ask for, however everyone will be in the same boat..

The bonuses thing seems ok though. It doesn't appear that it will take much difficulty in achieving the top bonuses in the shortest possible time, so it's likely that practically any middling alliance upwards will all have the same benefits. More villages for more resources, even quicker training troops. What's the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by commander View Post
    Defence points...Highlighting who the defenders are (without making the opposition do anything to work it out themselves) is not something I'd personally ask for, however everyone will be in the same boat..

The bonuses thing seems ok though. It doesn't appear that it will take much difficulty in achieving the top bonuses in the shortest possible time, so it's likely that practically any middling alliance upwards will all have the same benefits. More villages for more resources, even quicker training troops. What's the problem?
    I think the problems is explained very well by Placebo and before mentioned problems by me in this thread - And Saravbea as you are a person who enjoys playing RoA and having big game changing effects put into the game sure no problem for you - For the majority of the people playing legends (and i really mean the majority cause i simply doesnt believe that that pole is a valid pole) it is a major problem and a major game changer

Epic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton Member commander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rome View Post
    I think the problems is explained very well by Placebo and before mentioned problems by me in this thread - And Saravbea as you are a person who enjoys playing RoA and having big game changing effects put into the game sure no problem for you - For the majority of the people playing legends (and i really mean the majority cause i simply doesnt believe that that pole is a valid pole) it is a major problem and a major game changer
    Hmm, having read more closely it seems the countdown timer starts immediately upon the sufficient total of resources being reached, which of course can be reached quicker with a higher overall total daily limit possible (due to higher total number of players compared to lower total number within an alliance)..this does make the gap even greater.

I like the idea of the bonuses in themselves, however surely the 'penalty' for those not wishing to have a full alliance could be negated if the total required resources was to be adjusted based on total number of members. So at level 5, 153.6m resources for a full alliance would average out at 153.6 / 60 = 2.56m per member total (if everyone contributed the same). So for a 30 player alliance the total could be 76.8, resulting in the same average total per member with the same daily limit applied. Thus the 30 and 60 player alliances could get the benefit in the same time frame.

I suspect this goes against HQ's rationale however.

I also don't know how it would work with people joining or leaving...or rather it probably wouldn't work. :p
    Last edited by commander; 04 May 2017 at 06:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by commander View Post
    I like the idea of the bonuses in themselves, however surely the 'penalty' for those not wishing to have a full alliance could be negated if the total required resources was to be adjusted based on total number of members. So at level 5, 153.6m resources for a full alliance would average out at 153.6 / 60 = 2.56m per member total (if everyone contributed the same). So for a 30 player alliance the total could be 76.8, resulting in the same average total per member with the same daily limit applied. Thus the 30 and 60 player alliances could get the benefit in the same time frame.
    Yes, the only sensible way for this to do any good/work on a Legends server, is to either remove the limit, or normalize the requirement based on players in the alliance. I like the idea of being able to choose your playstyle, if you want to play in a small, highly skilled team, or in a large alliance where you need directions and MM's. Bigger alliances does not mean more teamwork, you usually work much better together in small teams.

I'm sure this isn't a debate for RoA, since the more members you have, the more victory points you get, so it's abit stupid when RoA-players come and say this isn't a big deal, because RoA and Legends play out completely different, and features that work well in one edition do not necessarily work in the other.

But even then, I don't like the idea of implementing something that forces you into a new activity in order to stay competitive.

Bonuses could instead be to only keep the CP and merchants bonuses, and adding for example faster build speeds, higher alliance capacities, faster troops between own/allied villages, reduced wheat consumption from allied troops (I know this would be abused for garaging, but it doesn't punish you hard for not having it), and other non-competitive bonuses that encourage social play. That way, TG can keep their philosophy of making the game more friendly to new players and casuals, while still letting players choose how they want to play the game.
    Last edited by Placebo; 04 May 2017 at 07:25 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast