Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RoA features Announcement - Alliance Bonus & Deff points

Quote Originally Posted by commander View Post
    I like the idea of the bonuses in themselves, however surely the 'penalty' for those not wishing to have a full alliance could be negated if the total required resources was to be adjusted based on total number of members. So at level 5, 153.6m resources for a full alliance would average out at 153.6 / 60 = 2.56m per member total (if everyone contributed the same). So for a 30 player alliance the total could be 76.8, resulting in the same average total per member with the same daily limit applied. Thus the 30 and 60 player alliances could get the benefit in the same time frame.
    It seems to me that the problem for smaller alliances is in the contribution limits and the simplest solution would be to put the limit on total contributions to the alliance rather than limiting individual contributions. That way each alliance no matter how big can only receive x amount of contributions per day/week.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Philaneous View Post
    It seems to me that the problem for smaller alliances is in the contribution limits and the simplest solution would be to put the limit on total contributions to the alliance rather than limiting individual contributions. That way each alliance no matter how big can only receive x amount of contributions per day/week.
    The biggest problem is that Travian is choosing to put the changes down on all players on legends without really asking - They know how to put surveys out on servers they should know how to put a pole out aswell.

I tried Scattered Kingdom and liked it. I was hoping to play it again but missed RoA because I didn't realise it was virtually the same game. I see Legends and RoA as different games and mixing them up is probably a bad idea. Are they trying to improve Travian by making one new game from all their experiments? I don't know.
    At the end of the day they will do whatever they think will make them the most profit and we have to either learn to love what they do or stop playing.
    How do you think they should have run the poll?
    They are going against their results anyway:
    http://forum.travian.co.uk/poll.php?...do=showresults
    Last edited by Miss Philaneous; 06 May 2017 at 07:42 AM. Reason: more info

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Philaneous View Post
    I tried Scattered Kingdom and liked it. I was hoping to play it again but missed RoA because I didn't realise it was virtually the same game. I see Legends and RoA as different games and mixing them up is probably a bad idea. Are they trying to improve Travian by making one new game from all their experiments? I don't know.
    At the end of the day they will do whatever they think will make them the most profit and we have to either learn to love what they do or stop playing.
    How do you think they should have run the poll?
    They are going against their results anyway:
    http://forum.travian.co.uk/poll.php?...do=showresults
    We do every other server get a survey on the server - a bit time since i last saw one but they defo know how to make a survey on the actual server instead of the forum

They put a survey out for Chelsea fans that fans of Liverpool who doesnt even watch their games can also vote on which kinda is a problem i would say. (I love football metafors!)

They should make a pole that they send out on all active legends servers in the actual game so they ask ALL who plays and they would get to know what the people who plays would think about it. Instead they have choosed to almost alter a pole on forum - and yeah i simply dont believe either that all the other domains view on it is so drasticly different from the UK result.

From where i stands they put out this pole to try to make people "happy" cause now they have asked right? But in reality it seems like they doesnt give a sh*t and just created the result they wanted.

Community Manager UK/US CM mhudson's Avatar

Rome I have sent your specific comments about polls to HQ to discuss
    CM mhudson
    Community Manager
    Travian: Legends US/UK

128-10-93-85-10-128-98-112-6-6-25-126-39-1-68-78

Thanks mate

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Aslan View Post
    More people play Legends simply because they're familiar with it. It's human nature to kick up against change even if the change is what's best for them. Legends is outdated and should probably be scratched all together... What you have in RoA works, where Legends no longer does. By slowly implementing the changes, they can then eventually look to scratch Legends altogether.
    i do not agree at all,

-the whole ally contribution system makes it impossible for small teams to compete, which will force people to make big alliances. This is where the whole spy problem kicks in... people like to keep their teams small to avoid having spies, now that's gone aswell.
    - the def pts distribution system has both up and downsides. in a way it's nice for defensive accounts to actually earn some medals based on their hard work and it helps fighting the whole "hidden outisde alliance PD's and multi accounts-issue". but to proper teams who actually play fair and all, it's more of a downside as an upside as people know which def died and which players became vulnerable.

as far as roa vs legends goes. i don't agree either. sure many foreign servers aren't as big as they used to be anymore but when you look at the overal amount of players still playing legends, you can't help but agree that they should keep it around. That aside ROA had some serious issues which need to be solved. some of them :

-having new villages fully developped means that heavy raiders are getting an insane advantage over all other players. It takes several def acts to stop one top tier off account this way.
    -having certain artefacts available to your entire alliance is just too much of an advantage. how are you ever going to hit another alliance if they all activate large eyes for example.

i actually liked some aspects of it, like the region conquerring which makes for more action in a server.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12