Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ukx

The Troublesome One Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member Tombo457's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lovgren666 View Post
    But tombo even if we knew the time arties would be releses we could not launch attacks untill it was opend, and then you can argue that we have an advantage of beeing close to a allymate. so eaven if everyone knew when the village would get unlocked it would still be the playes closest to banned account that would reach it first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Placebo View Post
    I'm still not sure what example you refer to. If it was the tournament example, or ukx? On ukx, NOBODY benefited from it, and we were only lucky to pick up before the other alliances that somehow knew the time of opening.
    On UKx, you benefitted by still being able to secure the artifacts (and for less troops than if they were reset as natar), and you benefit compared to others by knowing the exact time that you should check to see if artifacts can be sent. You again benefitted by knowing what each village had in it troop wise, would you still have attacked ahead of other alliances if you knew there was 500k def protecting the artifacts? Those are the benefits for the alliance connected to a banned account in such a situation.

I agree, given the artifacts likely came from the SW your alliance is likely to still pick them up if they are reset to natars, but you would both lose a more proportional amount of troops, and other alliances would have a better chance, given the timing is random and the location is (probably) further away from your current villages.

Also as you say this time you had to smash through troops to get the artifacts, but you could have also got them for free if they were in a village containing no troops, and I'm sure players have got artifacts for free via this new system, it should never depend on such luck/prior knowledge in such a situation.
    Last edited by Tombo457; 29 Apr 2017 at 02:33 PM.
    Pablo Escobar COMx - WWK
    DKx Comeback Round - Brian Fantana
    PublicEnemy UKx9 - http://i.imgur.com/l23a9.png

Quote Originally Posted by Tombo457 View Post
    On UKx, you benefitted by still being able to secure the artifacts (and for less troops than if they were reset as natar), and you benefit compared to others by knowing the exact time that you should check to see if artifacts can be sent. You again benefitted by knowing what each village had in it troop wise, would you still have attacked ahead of other alliances if you knew there was 500k def protecting the artifacts?

I agree, given the artifacts likely came from the SW your alliance is likely to still pick them up if they are reset to natars, but you would both lose a more proportional amount of troops, and other alliances would have a better chance, given the timing is random and the location is (probably) further away...

Also as you say this time you had to smash through troops to get the artifacts, but you could have also got them for free if they were in a village containing no troops, and im sure players have got artifacts for free via this new system, which I disagree with.
    All of those artifacts were secured as a group effort in the first place though. For example the large trainer used to bargain with was secured by Ragnarok. How is it then unfair that they return to the alliance that contributed? Why should an entire alliance get a collective punishment by having something they all worked for taken away, because of one account?

Again, we didn't benefit, because it shouldn't have happened. We were just lucky we were faster than the others, in picking up something that belonged to the alliance, after TG messed up. If anything, we're only at a disadvantage as a result, since we used troops we shouldn't have had to.

I'm certain this will be the last time we see this happening, as it has been confirmed it was unintentional, so who benefits or not won't be a question for the future anyway.
    Last edited by Placebo; 29 Apr 2017 at 02:42 PM.

The Troublesome One Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member Tombo457's Avatar

We are getting into a discussion which we both know we can't continue .

So i'll finish my point with the following phrase:

You fly with the crows, you get shot with the crows.
    Pablo Escobar COMx - WWK
    DKx Comeback Round - Brian Fantana
    PublicEnemy UKx9 - http://i.imgur.com/l23a9.png

Specific discussion of the ban is against forum rules.

So, yeah, our team mates had to secure the artefacts. Be honest, what would you have done?
    They even had to bash two large hammers to secure these artefacts, so believe me, none of us is happy about this.

I do understand people feel confused now. But same applies for us. So as CM Mhudson already said, we need to wait what the tech-guys or developers in HQ say about this.

In dubio pro reo applies everywhere in Europe except for travian forums as it seems.
    Last edited by CM mhudson; 29 Apr 2017 at 03:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tombo457 View Post
    You fly with the crows, you get shot with the crows.
    Granted they're not swans painted black. Players not involved only know so much. Even as a team member, you should only have as much information as any other player in your alliance, so jumping to conclusions is never right unless absolutely evident.

As Jabbah said, none wanted the artefacts to be released, since they are still in talks with admin, thus there was no benefit.
    Last edited by Placebo; 29 Apr 2017 at 03:23 PM.

Community Manager UK/US CM mhudson's Avatar

I can now confirm that this mornings issues was a bug and the consequences were unplanned.

From HQ

"Despite being banned, certain villages of an account became attackable.
    This was a bug in the game at this stage and according to the rules, misusing bugs is not allowed.

A total of 7 attacks have been rolled back and all involved troops, building and artifacts have returned to their original locations. Any hero points/off/def points earnt during those 7 attacks have however not been rolled back so those involved will keep them.

We are sorry for this issue and will do our best to make sure it does not happen again in the future"
    CM mhudson
    Community Manager
    Travian: Legends US/UK

128-10-93-85-10-128-98-112-6-6-25-126-39-1-68-78

Warning - irritant!

Epic MemberEpic MemberEpic MemberEpic MemberEpic MemberEpic Member Purplejelly86's Avatar

So can you confirm - Is there a time point where the artefacts are attackable? If so - What is the time scale?

It's now been 48-72 Hours already where these artefacts have been out of play, The Account itself has already had an impact on the server, and the longer these artefacts are banned - The damage done gets worse. What will happen to these artefacts in the end?

Quote Originally Posted by Purplejelly86 View Post
    So can you confirm - Is there a time point where the artefacts are attackable? If so - What is the time scale?

It's now been 48-72 Hours already where these artefacts have been out of play, The Account itself has already had an impact on the server, and the longer these artefacts are banned - The damage done gets worse. What will happen to these artefacts in the end?
    You have to remember that there are players on that account also, so just assuming they are in the wrong and demanding the artifacts are released, is a bad approach in the event they turn out to be innocent.

And as previously stated, this change was mostly for accounts under payment ban, not any other type of ban, so it's impossible to say right now when or if they will be released

Warning - irritant!

Epic MemberEpic MemberEpic MemberEpic MemberEpic MemberEpic Member Purplejelly86's Avatar

You have to remember that there are players on that account also, so just assuming they are in the wrong and demanding the artifacts are released, is a bad approach in the event they turn out to be innocent.

And as previously stated, this change was mostly for accounts under payment ban, not any other type of ban, so it's impossible to say right now when or if they will be released
    That's fair enough. Innocent or Not, That's still 2-3 Days already where key artefacts have been out of play. The issue isn't if they have or haven't cheated as such, But there must be a point at where these artefacts are back into the game?

That's fair enough. Innocent or Not, That's still 2-3 Days already where key artefacts have been out of play. The issue isn't if they have or haven't cheated as such, But there must be a point at where these artefacts are back into the game?
    Absolutely, but not until discussions with admin/MH are done I would imagine. That's also 2-3 days where they haven't been able to utilize the unique trainer and develop their hammers, which is only a good thing for you opponents anyways

Warning - irritant!

Absolutely, but not until discussions with admin/MH are done I would imagine. That's also 2-3 days where they haven't been able to utilize the unique trainer and develop their hammers, which is only a good thing for you opponents anyways
    I Know I run my ques at 3-4 Days, and always add on. Account in questions got access to plenty of resources to have those ques running well in advance during this. Plus doesn't even have to feed them.

I Know I run my ques at 3-4 Days, and always add on. Account in questions got access to plenty of resources to have those ques running well in advance during this. Plus doesn't even have to feed them.
    That would depend on how many hammers you decide to queue, 3-4 days queue is easy if you only have one or two hammers. But how to run an account with unique trainer is a topic for another thread.

As Placebo already said, queuing multiple hammers with unique trainer requires an insane amount of resources. Just do the maths and you will see what it takes to queue troops for several days in multiple villages.

they call me superman
    i'm here to rescue you

Right, I'm slighly miffed Ragnarok gets to keep the off points
    GTB - Eeyore, Arwen&Elrond, Rotta The Hutt, Tussi | City something - Eddard Stark| UV - New Deli, Bane| - All on ukx.
    Now playing on Maida in T-rex.

Quote Originally Posted by Andi View Post
    Right, I'm slighly miffed Ragnarok gets to keep the off points
    As am I

I think there are clearly changes here that need proper clarification as they potentially have a big impact on gameplay.
    Once I was Mercy and before that I was Anonymous.
    It takes a very special kind of person to lose email addresses.
    For small mercies and mHudson, be grateful.

http://travian-reports.net/us/report/487043f9b04
    The soldier we attacking (fake) is back with charm thanks hegemony

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12