7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Raid unoccupied oases

6 85.71%
  • Attack independent Natar villages

1 14.29%

Thread: Discussion: Oases vs Natars

Community Manager UK/US CM mhudson's Avatar

Default Discussion: Oases vs Natars

Dear players! We invite you to take part in this small poll about the game.
    Question: What is better option for the player on early stages of the game if he needs some extra resources?

- Raid unoccupied oases
    - Attack independent Natar villages

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thisorthat.jpg 
Views:	202 
Size:	301.2 KB 
ID:	6948

Please, leave your comments in the thread. What would be your choice? Maybe itís worth doing something completely different?

CM mhudson
    Community Manager
    Travian: Legends US/UK

128-10-93-85-10-128-98-112-6-6-25-126-39-1-68-78

It is usually better to attack Natars villages in my opinion since oases tend to have more defence.

It is generally best to do neither though, as the game is far weighted towards simming these days with huge beginner protection, nerfed cranny dip and nerfed party culture reward...
    UK5,1 Annoying Gaul/CDT, UK5,2 Colt Seavers/Geoffles, Au1,3 Stringfellow/AoW, Au4,2 Spirit/KGB, TKCom2 Stringfellow/xTools, UK3,8 Spirit/Resurge, UK1,10 Tauriel/Havoc
    #9 crop UK T3 WWK, first in clubbies
    Your game don't scare me, I got hit by this

If gold is not an issue, training 134 clubs to empty 50% oases after you clear it with cages and ointments, is definately the best option in the early stages. But then again, since natar villages are an option, you're past the beginner phase. Doesn't it take like two weeks for an inactive player to have a chance to become natar? At that point it isn't really the early stages any more, so it's difficult to compare the two. I never raid natar.

I learnt how to raid oases early game with settlers and a hero. It was enlightening. I may have done it wrong the first time and accidentally killed off a settler, but the rewards soon repaid his death and built a replacement.
    Once I was Mercy and before that I was Anonymous.
    It takes a very special kind of person to lose email addresses.
    For small mercies and mHudson, be grateful.

Mr Fantastic

Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member MLGJ's Avatar

I'd like to be able to pay 4000 gold so that the oasis sends me resources please
    This post was brought to you by "Mr Fantastic"

Yayyyyy made it on to setbacks ignore list, can give it but not take it
    Let me guess, some kind of funny joke?
    This message is hidden because MLGJ is on your ignore list.

Where is my apology from MLGJ, for his insult on the forums? - URSULA THE MINOR
    In your dreams Sunshine xx

Quote Originally Posted by Placebo View Post
    If gold is not an issue, training 134 clubs to empty 50% oases after you clear it with cages and ointments, is definately the best option in the early stages. But then again, since natar villages are an option, you're past the beginner phase. Doesn't it take like two weeks for an inactive player to have a chance to become natar? At that point it isn't really the early stages any more, so it's difficult to compare the two. I never raid natar.
    I assumed they were talking super super early, as "other players" is not an option - and they are the best farm...and at that time there are normally only 5-12 natars on the entire server being hit by 200 players...?
    UK5,1 Annoying Gaul/CDT, UK5,2 Colt Seavers/Geoffles, Au1,3 Stringfellow/AoW, Au4,2 Spirit/KGB, TKCom2 Stringfellow/xTools, UK3,8 Spirit/Resurge, UK1,10 Tauriel/Havoc

Oasis is by far the best option in the early game. With the right use of a hero, cages, and raiding parties you can profit from hitting a 50% oasis.

oasises are the only viable thing to farm if you are a serious player. buy up all the cages and farm !

Quote Originally Posted by Cretin View Post
    I assumed they were talking super super early, as "other players" is not an option - and they are the best farm...and at that time there are normally only 5-12 natars on the entire server being hit by 200 players...?
    Yea, but if they meant that early, there won't be any independent natar villages yet, since it takes 72 hrs to delete, which happens to be the time it takes for the unextended BP to go away on speed. So by the time you MAYBE get the first natar villages, you will already be able to farm inactive players. It's a strange question really. Before the 72 hours, you can only farm oases, and after the 72 hours you have way better options than either.

But raiding an oasis (as a teuton) is only worth it if you lose less than 32 clubs against a 50% oasis, or less than 16 clubs against a 25% oasis. Meaning you are basically required to use your hero for it to be profitable. Any losses over that means you lost more resources spent in troops than you gained.

After 72 hours, when the first villages maybe turn into natar, you're better off just raiding real players. Until then, I will spend the gold to raid oases.
    Last edited by Placebo; 27 Apr 2017 at 05:42 PM.

Agreed...either way my experience (on slow) is that unless you have about 3200 gold to spend during the first week its better just to sim. If you have this gold, its far better to get a glad helm and sim anyway. Without this gold, and simming without a glad helm I am normally still one of the first to settle and get a 150%, only just after the gold-spending raiders with glad helms. The huge difference is that I have level 7 fields and they have tiny fields so a week later I am rank 1 and they are way way behind me...and I can pick up my glad helm at a rate I can afford then, and boom past them on CP with infrastructure that they cannot afford...

I vaguely remember being told by someone to wait till the bigger players clear oases, then jump on them.
    S1 - Chronos http://travian-reports.net/us/report/4025038ccb4
    IRL - Leonardo DiCaprio

Quote Originally Posted by Table View Post
    I vaguely remember being told by someone to wait till the bigger players clear oases, then jump on them.
    Never admit to this though

Agree with Cretin on this, sim sim sim.