View Poll Results: Would you like to have these features implemented in the upcoming servers of Travian

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Both (donation system and defense point distribution system)

15 23.08%
  • Only donation system

2 3.08%
  • Only defense point distribution system

17 26.15%
  • None

31 47.69%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rise of Alliances features on regular servers

Community Manager UK/US CM mhudson's Avatar

Default Rise of Alliances features on regular servers

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Alliance_donation.jpg 
Views:	1289 
Size:	34.3 KB 
ID:	6902

Dear Community,
    We know you are super curious to know which one is the fake news out of our April' Fool, but let’s play this a bit differently. Along the year we will reveal you small pieces, because we'd like you to focus on a specific topic time after time. And today we will tell you which is the first thing coming.
    We are almost ready to release the Rise of Alliances donation system and defense point distribution to the new normal server, but before doing this we’d like to get some deeper feedback from you.
    So please, vote on this poll and comment to this thread with your detailed feedbacks, and ask also your friends to do so, the more voice we hear the easier will be for us to decide wisely how to further develop the game and which features to implement.
    Your Travian team
    Last edited by CM mhudson; 03 Apr 2017 at 05:11 PM.
    CM mhudson
    Community Manager
    Travian: Legends US/UK

128-10-93-85-10-128-98-112-6-6-25-126-39-1-68-78

How do both the systems work?

What he said^
    Please explain what the donation system and defense point distribution system is please

I'm guessing that the defense point distribution works like this, when you send your reinforcements to someone, and those kill enemy troops, you get the points and not the guy that was defending... so when defending a ww, everybody gets def points and not just the ww holder...

Is the donation system the same system we shut down last time you tried to implement it, where everyone can send their troops to a dedicated deff coordinator, to have him alone distribute it? If so, no thanks. Guess the def points distribution is ok, giving som creds to contributors.

"Players also have the ability to contribute resources to the alliance. After certain amounts of donations the player gain advantage of alliance bonuses like bigger CP production, faster troop production, weapon and armor bonus and a bonus to merchant capacity.
    The amount of resources a player can donate is limited and resets on a daily basis. The player can spent gold to triple the size of his donation while paying the same amount of resources. The daily limit the player has cannot be increased through paying gold."

I guess that's what they mean with donation system.

I don't play RoA and have never played it, so not sure how big of an impact the bonuses have on the overall gameplay, but I do know that I'm not gonna play a server with those features enabled ^^

Alliance donation: A really bad feature that shouldn't be on :Legends, would simply change the gameplay too much imo

Def point: Makes it even easier to spot the deffers and who has the most def in an alliance, which is why I voted 'None'
    Last edited by LemonD; 03 Apr 2017 at 07:56 PM.

The donation system is where you can donate res to your alliance to level up certain items (CP, troop training time, etc) and this bonus is applied to all members of that alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by johnjohn101 View Post
    The donation system is where you can donate res to your alliance to level up certain items (CP, troop training time, etc) and this bonus is applied to all members of that alliance.
    Well that seems like a no vote to me on the donation system?
    How does it work?

i'm guessing it's a case of filling your alliance with new players and get everyone to send resources to the alliance, so everyone can use more gold to make themselves bigger without spending the time to develop players into a sustainable community.

Another gold over development of the game thing again? -.-

Community Manager UK/US CM mhudson's Avatar

The HQ Game Center will only allow us to release limited information on the announced topics. I will try to get answers to specific questions from them however for RoA features please see the below items

Rise Of Alliances Information

Alliance Bonuses

Players have the ability to contribute resources to the alliance to gain certain bonuses, like greater CP production, faster troop production, weapon and armor bonuses as well as a bonus on merchant capacity.
    The amount of resources a player can donate is limited and resets on a daily basis. The player can spend Gold to triple the size of their donation while paying the same amount of resources. The daily limit the player has cannot be increased by spending Gold.

Defense Point Calculation

The defense points for the top 10 defenders are usually granted to the defending village owner, even if most of the defending units are from different players. This has been changed so that the defense points are split among all defenders based on the defending units supplied.
    More information about the special can be found on the Travian Blog:

Intoduction of the annual special

Core features

Alliance bonus

Balancing changes
    CM mhudson
    Community Manager
    Travian: Legends US/UK

128-10-93-85-10-128-98-112-6-6-25-126-39-1-68-78

While playing roa and the donation system has come in handy in getting rid of exess wheat i dont think it would have same affect on a normal server dont see how it would improve upon the gameplay would just make the bigger alliances more powerful leaving smaller alliances further behind

Again defence split does it really add anything to the gameplay? Of the server dont see it functioning as well only plus i see is making players more willing to send defence but shoulf not need such incentive to help defend an ally or your ww

When playing Kingdom Beta, the defence points (awarded to defenders) did not appear to draw undue attention to deffers, but that was the first server that it was implemented in and it may become a tactic as the game evolves. Targeting defenders should be part of any alliance strategy anyway, and its very easy to work out who the big anvils are currently anyway.
    UK5,1 Annoying Gaul/CDT, UK5,2 Colt Seavers/Geoffles, Au1,3 Stringfellow/AoW, Au4,2 Spirit/KGB, TKCom2 Stringfellow/xTools, UK3,8 Spirit/Resurge, UK1,10 Tauriel/Havoc
    #9 crop UK T3 WWK, first in clubbies
    Your game don't scare me, I got hit by this

Voted to have neither. Even though this is probably my last dance, it's still annoying that TG keeps implementing things that nobody is asking for, and ignoring simple things that many ask for. It's their product, but as a customer I'd still like to have some say in what I'm buying. When I buy cereal I don't want to be forced to also buy a can of tuna.

TG have had a working model for years long term players do not matter as they can keep bringing more new players in and the new players spend gold there is only one way to make TG sit up and listen if everyone stopped buying gold or stopped playing all together both wont happen amd TG only intrest is in making money so only thing that will ever changes will be ones that make players spend more money

Quote Originally Posted by thedevilexists View Post
    TG have had a working model for years long term players do not matter as they can keep bringing more new players in and the new players spend gold there is only one way to make TG sit up and listen if everyone stopped buying gold or stopped playing all together both wont happen amd TG only intrest is in making money so only thing that will ever changes will be ones that make players spend more money
    Problem is that TG doesn't understand the genre, they try to be something they are not. Continuously adding new features to a season-based game is bad, because it makes the game inconsistent and confusing.

Persistent games, like world of warcraft, need new content added, because the players burn through it and get bored, but travian is more comparable to league of legends in the regard that you play rounds that eventually end before a new one begins. You don't want to add new features in these games, you want to build upon and improve the features that already exist.

In this game, you learn more and more each round, and that should be the ultimate endgame, without having to completely relearn and adapt to every new thing that TG decides to add.
    Last edited by Placebo; 04 Apr 2017 at 05:25 PM.

TG had one the best games around at 3.5 stage but then greed took over it is why no matter how much we beg there will never be another 3.5 server it probley makes a fraction of the money that the new servers do

Quote Originally Posted by thedevilexists View Post
    TG had one the best games around at 3.5 stage but then greed took over it is why no matter how much we beg there will never be another 3.5 server it probley makes a fraction of the money that the new servers do
    There was another 3.5 server (or 3.6 or whatever) and when 3.6 came out there were 3.1 classics, and when 3.4 came out there were 2 classics, problem was that most people played the new servers so they launch servers that people ACTUALLY play, not servers that the minority ask them to launch...this is the unfortunate truth for the few of us who are nostalgic.
    UK5,1 Annoying Gaul/CDT, UK5,2 Colt Seavers/Geoffles, Au1,3 Stringfellow/AoW, Au4,2 Spirit/KGB, TKCom2 Stringfellow/xTools, UK3,8 Spirit/Resurge, UK1,10 Tauriel/Havoc
    #9 crop UK T3 WWK, first in clubbies
    Your game don't scare me, I got hit by this

they call me superman
    i'm here to rescue you

Not seen a T 3.5/3.6 classic after T4 came out.

T2 classics while T3.5/3.6 ran can't be compared with this. (They were undoubtedly less popular than the normal servers, as you say.) Reason being the best versions of travian being T3.5/T3.6, so people naturally preferred these.

TG said, after massive demand, that they were unable to run "new" classics (T3.6) due to code issues (or whatever the reason was).

Source: The "Hello, nice to see you hiiiiier" travian blog video.
    Last edited by Andi; 04 Apr 2017 at 09:45 PM.
    GTB - Eeyore, Arwen&Elrond, Rotta The Hutt, Tussi | City something - Eddard Stark| UV - New Deli, Bane| - All on ukx.
    Now playing on Maida in T-rex.

The donation system sounds like a cool concept to use for different types of servers but I wouldn't want it on the standard Travian Legends servers. As of right now an alliance with less people can still out maneuver larger alliances if their players are good enough. This gives way too big of an advantage to alliances with more people especially if they have a lot of gold users.
    As far as sharing the defensive points between everyone who used troops, I actually like that idea. Sure it can help to put a target on your back but it goes both ways with your enemies anvils. Not to mention it gives credit to those who actively defend their allies rather than to those who are attacked.

I never got around to play 3.6 properly, as I had my first real round after t4 but as I said earlier, large, established games that also have rounds or cycles, have learned that adding drastic changes too often drives people away from the game. Even if the change turns out to be good, people want the game to stay the same way the next time they play, so they can try different strategies. Only if travian-servers never ended, new content and features would be good to keep people engaged.

I disagree i think if they put out a 3.5 3.6 server it would be the biigest server it would draw those back that left due to hatred of t4 plus those who only played t4 have heard us old farts who are still here talk about the old servers so much it would draw them in also and anyone who enjoys t4 would no doubt love proper travian plus the numbers speak for there selfs 1k + players was the norm baxk in them days now having 500 players on a server is a big server

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast