View Poll Results: Would you like to have these features implemented in the upcoming servers of Travian

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Both (donation system and defense point distribution system)

15 23.08%
  • Only donation system

2 3.08%
  • Only defense point distribution system

17 26.15%
  • None

31 47.69%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rise of Alliances features on regular servers

Warning - irritant!

Epic MemberEpic MemberEpic MemberEpic MemberEpic MemberEpic Member Purplejelly86's Avatar

Or some form of poll in game, Something on the side in info box, Or as bad as may seem, having an external forum poll in the MH Acc alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by CM mhudson View Post
    I agree but this is all HQ lead. I have voiced my thoughts on the whole subject as have others.

In all honesty i cant see how we could get more accurate results using internal tools. Potentially an external website for polls that you have to enter your game name / registered email (past or present) before you can vote

But that would be too much work to implement for such things i think
    What about ingame polls? You do those for customer satisfaction, so it shouldn't be too difficult to edit the questionnaire?

Community Manager UK/US CM mhudson's Avatar

The satisfaction poll goes to our ticket system management rather than presents anything usable for this kind of thing.

I will poke HQ and ask if they can do something better than just a forum poll
    CM mhudson
    Community Manager
    Travian: Legends US/UK

128-10-93-85-10-128-98-112-6-6-25-126-39-1-68-78

On the TK beta, there were many in-game polls on the game play, which statistics worked, etc. And these were matched against play style and balancing. They also matched these against IGNs. It was very interesting to see the responses of these polls against real game stats. I remember one poll showing preferences vs perceptions vs in-game reality that made them change how GB/GS could be used e.g. they showed that only 5% (or whatever) people had built Great Stable, but only 2% were utilised, yet this was different to poll results (on what people thought about the GB/GS), so they changed the GB/GS mechanics to be able to utilise them more...

Would be great to see more of this transparency in Legends to explain where these changes come about.
    UK5,1 Annoying Gaul/CDT, UK5,2 Colt Seavers/Geoffles, Au1,3 Stringfellow/AoW, Au4,2 Spirit/KGB, TKCom2 Stringfellow/xTools, UK3,8 Spirit/Resurge, UK1,10 Tauriel/Havoc
    #9 crop UK T3 WWK, first in clubbies
    Your game don't scare me, I got hit by this

TK has different coding as it was written from scratch. The game center have said they cant do the same thing in TL.

Regarding the proposed changes I have this from the game center.

Dear players!

Thank you for all the feedback, both negative and positive. We appreciate the fact that you are really interested in the new announced features and we’re sorry for not revealing a joke right now, but we promise – in the end you won’t be disappointed. We can’t go into details, but pretty soon we’ll announce more facts which we hope will be welcomed by all the Travian community.
    What is really important to us is your feedback on every single one of those upcoming plans. Because we want to highlight – it’s actually in YOUR power to define, which one out of the 7 posts will stay as a joke, and which will come true. And this was the main idea behind that post.

Your Travian: Legends team
    CM mhudson
    Community Manager

"The player can spend Gold to triple the size of their donation while paying the same amount of resources"

This one line makes me vote no. No to making the game even more biased towards those buying gold.
    Last edited by Tiny Clanger; 10 Apr 2017 at 01:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Clanger View Post
    "The player can spend Gold to triple the size of their donation while paying the same amount of resources"

This one line makes me vote no. No to making the game even more biased towards those buying gold.

At the end if the day travian is a business before its a game, they're going to cash in at any opportunity.

As its been said numerous times, can you judge something fairly without ever experiencing it?

The ally bonus and def points aren't an issue, if you were complaining about troop merging then i could fully understand it
    tormentor - As for replying to other posts, I really cannot stand the stench, even the nose plugs are not stopping it.

listers losers - Does that mean youve taken off the gimp mask?

they call me superman
    i'm here to rescue you

Quote Originally Posted by mutley View Post
    As its been said numerous times, can you judge something fairly without ever experiencing it?
    Of course it is.

However, ok to disagree about having it on the server or not.
    GTB - Eeyore, Arwen&Elrond, Rotta The Hutt, Tussi | City something - Eddard Stark| UV - New Deli, Bane| - All on ukx.
    Now playing on Maida in T-rex.

Dear community,
    We want to thank you deeply for participating in the poll about the Defense Point System and Alliance Donation System. Many of you participate into the poll and expressed their vote and we are glad that you did. We have reviewed all votes and comments worldwide and we want to share the results of it with you. As you can see from the graphs below, both options are welcomed by the international community and therefore they will be added to regular worlds (though not at once).
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RoA_Poll.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	18.6 KB 
ID:	6933

What will happen now?
    The Game Center is checking the plan for the new server opening and they will prepare an official statement with the date from when these 2 features will be implemented on the future regular servers (not on the already running servers).
    More information coming soon. Thank you once again!
    Your Travian Team
    CM mhudson
    Community Manager

Dear community,
    We want to thank you deeply for participating in the poll about the Defense Point System and Alliance Donation System. Many of you participate into the poll and expressed their vote and we are glad that you did. We have reviewed all votes and comments worldwide and we want to share the results of it with you. As you can see from the graphs below, both options are welcomed by the international community and therefore they will be added to regular worlds (though not at once).

Views:	3 
ID:	6936

What will happen now?
    The Game Center is checking the plan for the new server opening and they will prepare an official statement with the date from when these 2 features will be implemented on the future regular servers (not on the already running servers).
    Your Travian Team
    Last edited by MOD LMT; 18 Apr 2017 at 10:05 AM.
    CM mhudson
    Community Manager

Well..Are they actually going to implement features based on multiple forum polls, instead of asking the people who play Travian:Legends? Less than 1% of the community are using the forums. If TG really think that listening to the forums to decide whether to implement new features or not, is a good idea...they have been at too many Biergartens.

Mrs. Fantastic

Prolific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific Member Ryder's Avatar

I do like how Travian try to make it look like they gave us the option of this.

These options were always going to be implemented, even if they had to make the votes work. Everytime they "suggest" something could be added, if we want it, it always gets implemented despite always hearing more people being against it.
    Server 2, Round 4
    Server 3, Round 8
    Server 5, Round 8

Current Server;
    Uk2, Round 10 - IGN;Tendril Man

Well done travian, erode the tactical gameplay even further that attracted your customers to you in the first place. The alliance bonus system although something I don't agree with, is not totally game breaking - but showing who the defensive players are in an alliance remove ALL of the spying and probing required to tie up an alliance defence to hit your targets effectively.

There are a few reasons why i think you've done this.
    - you want to force hammer / anvil builders to diversify, reducing the total power a single account can possess. making it easier for smaller players to survive.
    -dumb it down to attract more players into the game
    -reduce your resource production power to further aid previous two points.
    -force gold spending to regain said lost power.

The issue with this is you are heading towards the mmo mobile games model; Where players start and drop the game within a month as there is nothing with substance to keep people interested, and the players who have been coming back here for years no longer find what they were playing for in the game in the first place. Seriously its only the Skype communities that have built up around this game that keep this going. Do you not see the irony in that for a game that takes the best part of a year to complete? not interested in return custom?

I refer you back to your 'tons of new features' announcement
    http://forum.travian.co.uk/showthread.php?t=79973

#1#2#4#6 all good ideas which we would all benefit from, only one was fake of 7 (probably the one we'd all like to see). where are the announcements of those releases?

Ok CM mhudson you aren't making the decisions... but seriously who is in charge of this ship? You don't sail towards the blinking lighthouse no matter how attractive it looks.

Quote Originally Posted by CM mhudson View Post
    Dear community,

Views:	44 
ID:	6933

What will happen now?
    Your Travian Team
    Whilst I don't want to shoot the messenger, I find it odd that the UK results from the poll are significantly different from the overall results. It's very clear from the results here that the majority of players don't want either of these changes, yet we are getting both?
    Once I was Mercy and before that I was Anonymous.
    It takes a very special kind of person to lose email addresses.
    For small mercies and mHudson, be grateful.

they call me superman
    i'm here to rescue you

100 % of danes said, according to your link, that "I don't see myself starting another server with these changes".

Either way, the things people have said already covers my views on the matter. Donation - monetization.. Even rhymes!
    GTB - Eeyore, Arwen&Elrond, Rotta The Hutt, Tussi | City something - Eddard Stark| UV - New Deli, Bane| - All on ukx.
    Now playing on Maida in T-rex.

Quote Originally Posted by offspring View Post
    Ok CM mhudson you aren't making the decisions... but seriously who is in charge of this ship? You don't sail towards the blinking lighthouse no matter how attractive it looks.
    Thank you for not "shooting the messenger". I have already voiced my displeasure to the SCM team about the way the game center (AKA the captain of the ship)
    has handled the whole April Fools "joke". But they still will not allow me to say which of the 7 posts was fake....

I completely agree with your comments and have added them to my weekly feedback along with a negative score for community mood once again.

Unfortunately all i can do is send your feedback and post the mandated updates from the game center and hope that they take it on board.....
    Last edited by CM mhudson; 17 Apr 2017 at 10:05 PM.
    CM mhudson
    Community Manager

German marketing 101:

"54% of customers want us to implement the features we have already spent lots of time developing and want to implement"

"yes, but 46% do not, and what is the margin of error on your poll, and was your poll from a representative sub-section of your community?"

"THEY WANT IT IMPLEMENTED, ANYTHING ELSE IS IMPOSSIBLE!!!"
    UK5,1 Annoying Gaul/CDT, UK5,2 Colt Seavers/Geoffles, Au1,3 Stringfellow/AoW, Au4,2 Spirit/KGB, TKCom2 Stringfellow/xTools, UK3,8 Spirit/Resurge, UK1,10 Tauriel/Havoc
    #9 crop UK T3 WWK, first in clubbies
    Your game don't scare me, I got hit by this

Sounds like BREXIT all over again
    CM mhudson
    Community Manager

there is something wrong with this way of asking for opinions regardless of the results,

The options in pool were biased toward implementing them in game, they're like :

- yes implement them
    - yes implement one
    - yes implement one
    - no, please don't

so this makes people biased toward implementing the options / at least one of them. its a double Barreled question and won't give accurate responses.

I suggest to split features if you're asking such questions about them.

https://surveytown.com/10-examples-o...vey-questions/ (number 3)

just as a suggestion though hope its helpful for your future polls

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast