View Poll Results: Would you like to have these features implemented in the upcoming servers of Travian

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Both (donation system and defense point distribution system)

15 23.08%
  • Only donation system

2 3.08%
  • Only defense point distribution system

17 26.15%
  • None

31 47.69%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rise of Alliances features on regular servers

Quote Originally Posted by thedevilexists View Post
    TG have had a working model for years long term players do not matter as they can keep bringing more new players in and the new players spend gold there is only one way to make TG sit up and listen if everyone stopped buying gold or stopped playing all together both wont happen amd TG only intrest is in making money so only thing that will ever changes will be ones that make players spend more money

You've seen uk server numbers right?
    Your logic is flawed ^^
    tormentor - As for replying to other posts, I really cannot stand the stench, even the nose plugs are not stopping it.

listers losers - Does that mean youve taken off the gimp mask?

How so? I think i explained it pretty clear yes numbers are low but those low numbers probley spend more gold now than was spent on the larger older servers all the extra options for fold spending now proves my logic

You said if people stop playing then they will change thier tune. Clearly thats not not happened

Regarding the alliance bonuses it takes about 320 million resources to max an effect
    10% faster troop training
    10% extra cps
    10% forge upgrades
    100% merc capacity

Might have more of an effect on servers that arent dying but cant see it having much of an effect on uk servers.
    Besides all you old vets keep saying you're quitting, so what does it matter to you? ^^
    tormentor - As for replying to other posts, I really cannot stand the stench, even the nose plugs are not stopping it.

listers losers - Does that mean youve taken off the gimp mask?

Stop playing altogether in other words eversingle person stopped playing is why i said it would never happen that was my meaning

Community Manager UK/US CM mhudson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thedevilexists View Post
    How so? I think i explained it pretty clear yes numbers are low but those low numbers probley spend more gold now than was spent on the larger older servers all the extra options for fold spending now proves my logic

UK it does not make much money so the amount of gold bought here does not count for much
    Last edited by CM mhudson; 07 Apr 2017 at 08:18 PM.
    CM mhudson
    Community Manager
    Travian: Legends US/UK

128-10-93-85-10-128-98-112-6-6-25-126-39-1-68-78

Yes but what i was saying is over the years the amount of gold fetures added still means even with smaller servers the amount spent on gold has probley risen it dont compete with the larger servers for money made but am sure it now makes more than it did say 6 years ago when 3.5 3.6 was around

The defense point distributed makes the ranking system more fair so I don't understand people stances against it.

That's not fair to recognize the WW holder as the one who is making more successful defenses.

- - - Updated - - -

andd I don't think letting players who didn't play roa to see these stuff works to vote is fair.

YOur feedback has been sent to HQ
    CM mhudson
    Community Manager

The defence system also works this way in Travian Kingdoms, so anyone who has played TK will have experience this - not just RoA (and TK was around before RoA) so I think this system came from TK to RoA...
    UK5,1 Annoying Gaul/CDT, UK5,2 Colt Seavers/Geoffles, Au1,3 Stringfellow/AoW, Au4,2 Spirit/KGB, TKCom2 Stringfellow/xTools, UK3,8 Spirit/Resurge, UK1,10 Tauriel/Havoc
    #9 crop UK T3 WWK, first in clubbies
    Your game don't scare me, I got hit by this

I'm not sure what is your issue with it then

Offensive players should be recognized for their offense and defensive players should be recognized for their defense even when defending someone else. That's the fair way.

and my point was whoever don't know what are these systems and how they were implemented can't judge them - not that only RoA players can judge them.

RoA happened before TK in com servers btw - if I'm recalling right. I never played TK though.

Players have been asking for a fairer way to distribute defence points since 3.6 days, it's going to be popular with some and not with others.

I think the main issue is that people don't want the Legends game to change. They didn't like the t4 changes at first and are unlikely to want yet more changes. Travian is a complex game and each time you play you want to improve on your previous game, but that isn't easy if the rules keep changing.

If you want to play a server with these new rules in place then you can, there seem to be a good mix of servers at the moment. Only thing missing is a classic server. Whilst this domain may not be the biggest money spinner, it would be nice to lose one t4 Legends server and have a classic 3.6 server instead. UK1 ran as a 3.6 for one round and it didn't get as many players as hoped for, but maybe its time for another?
    Once I was Mercy and before that I was Anonymous.
    It takes a very special kind of person to lose email addresses.
    For small mercies and mHudson, be grateful.

Having played def previously on a few servers, and had some serious attacks bounce off my anvils i'd sooner not have the credit, you get the thanks from the players you save and from the alliance leaders knowing you're dependable. Playing the server as a defer undetected is a skill as valuable as building a hammer and same second hitting. Half the offensive planning is learning how to tie up defences - if you now get the numbers shown to you attackers don't have to think and removes the need for scouting or probing.

IMO Acknowledging those defenders at the end of a server would be a far better way to show their contribution.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercedes View Post
    Players have been asking for a fairer way to distribute defence points since 3.6 days, it's going to be popular with some and not with others.

I think the main issue is that people don't want the Legends game to change. They didn't like the t4 changes at first and are unlikely to want yet more changes. Travian is a complex game and each time you play you want to improve on your previous game, but that isn't easy if the rules keep changing.

If you want to play a server with these new rules in place then you can, there seem to be a good mix of servers at the moment. Only thing missing is a classic server. Whilst this domain may not be the biggest money spinner, it would be nice to lose one t4 Legends server and have a classic 3.6 server instead. UK1 ran as a 3.6 for one round and it didn't get as many players as hoped for, but maybe its time for another?
    The alliance bonus thing is a change I agree. Some will hate it and some not. But making the rankings fairer is not a change, its more of a fix. Saying no that is something I won't understand.

Nope its pish i want to be able to annoy a whole server get my alliance to defend me and have a big defence score to come on the fourms dance a little jig and say you cant touch this MC hammer style and whats wrong with that lol :p

they call me superman
    i'm here to rescue you

Quote Originally Posted by saravbea View Post
    Saying no that is something I won't understand.
    There are threads about redistributing deff points from the attacked to the one that made the troops (probably in the ideas section). You will find many an argument that might help you understand why some people are against the idea, instead of maybe assuming some dislike the idea because they are old and bitter (that is just a part of the reason ). Travian is a strategic game. For some, hiding that they are the servers best deffer is more important than points for instance. Getting praise for it after the game, in some stats page however, would be nice.

Having not played RoA, and having quit Kingdoms after a few days; can someone tell me why I need to play RoA to have an opinion on wether to redistribute deff points or not? Isn't that a pretty easy thing to envisage?
    GTB - Eeyore, Arwen&Elrond, Rotta The Hutt, Tussi | City something - Eddard Stark| UV - New Deli, Bane| - All on ukx.
    Now playing on Maida in T-rex.

Warning - irritant!

Epic MemberEpic MemberEpic MemberEpic MemberEpic MemberEpic Member Purplejelly86's Avatar

Issue with these Polls is you have people who don't play Legends, Voting for changes on it.

I agree but this is all HQ lead. I have voiced my thoughts on the whole subject as have others.

In all honesty i cant see how we could get more accurate results using internal tools. Potentially an external website for polls that you have to enter your game name / registered email (past or present) before you can vote

But that would be too much work to implement for such things i think
    CM mhudson
    Community Manager

you can use google forms

A poll using your IGN/email would definitely be better imo, but seeing it as the HQ is going to get in opinions from multiple domains + the poll they shared on their facebook, that should give them a good overview...And using further statistics they should be able to narrow down the results, or hopefully figure out what's best

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast