Community Manager UK/US CM mhudson's Avatar

Default The builders Day 2

The builders Day 2

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	msg.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	37.8 KB 
ID:	6823

When the trade caravan finally came to the place where our patrician had some rest, the young errand boy had already returned and was sitting next to his master waiting for further orders.
    "Ah, and here he is!" "Salve, Lucius!" he heard a familiar voice from the first cart.
    The chief architect looked more attentively, and saw that the leader of the trade caravan was actually his old sparring mate, Mark Atilius - a boy who used to live near the Tarquinius Lepidus family estate.
    "Noble Lucius or, at the very least, Honorable Lucius," the architect corrected himself, helplessly trying to appear important. "I am the imperial architect, not some nameless farmer."
    "You're a turkey," laughed his childhood friend. "And you always have been like that." "Glad to see that you haven't changed much."
    "And you have never heard anything about politeness and tact," muttered Tarquinius, "someday you'll end up paying the price for that."
    "Lucius, my friend," Mark Atilius interrupted him. "We had our last meal when the sun was about to go behind the horizon. Now it's going to do the same thing again, and we haven't had anything in our mouths apart from a gulp of water. Let's count the cargo and resolve this injustice."
    "You're right," agreed the architect and he turned his head to the errand boy. "Go, bring our account scrolls!"
    The boy brought Tarquinius some scrolls that had been kept together in a wooden case. Each pile of scrolls was bound in leather, and marked with several bronze sticks.
    "What's this?" asked Mark Atilius, pointing to the sticks.
    "Folder numbers," replied Tarquinius Lepidus. "One stick for the first folder, the second stick marks the second one and so on. Now we are going to mark the eighth folder. Three sticks are already here. Please, fix the other two in order to get eight."
    The architect gave Mark Atilius two bronze sticks identical to those that had already been fixed on the scroll folder and went away to talk to Centurion of the Engineering Cohort, who had already showed up and was awaiting orders.

Task:
    Help Mark Atilius do what the architect asked of him.

Name:	reportFilter.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	5.2 KB 
ID:	6824

Post your answers in the thread below.

Only your first answer will be counted so don't make more than one post.

All posts are moderated so others cant see them, posts and answers will be revealed tomorrow
    CM mhudson
    Community Manager
    Travian: Legends US/UK

128-10-93-85-10-128-98-112-6-6-25-126-39-1-68-78

Lay the 5 brass rods out to make the Roman Numeral VIII (8)

Name:	Builders day.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	16.9 KB 
ID:	6825

So we have three sticks probably like this : III and we have another two which will use to make a V before the other three sticks

to get an eight :

VIII

Frozen Angel / uk-ts20 RoA

New Poster

6WiseRonin9
    ts20.travian.co.uk
    He should just add a cross symbol with the sticks given by architect, in front of the other 3 sticks

Hello, im nikilo from uk6 and this is my answer:
    V
    \ /
    Its in roman numbers, VIII = 8, and he has 3 sticks already, and adds the two to make the V

The other 2 sticks will form the letter V so they can together become VIII as in 8

New Poster

Rozenfield
    http://ts6.travian.co.uk/

\ / + |||

The last 2 sticks are placed vertically to make II

as in VIII, with the VI already being there.

ts1 / STAR

2 sticks used to form a V shape placed in front of the 3 sticks already there makes VIII.

Charby RoAx2

mark positioned the 2 sticks into a V to make VIII .

donkeyhead
    http://ts1.travian.co.uk

uk1
    dhe
    anwser, if the three stick on the eighth folder are all horizontal then the last two stick can be put either side to create the number 8.

VIII
    The two sticks can be used to form a Roman numeral V to make 8.
    My IGN is Cadenza in the RoA server in UK. http://ts20.travian.co.uk/

The sticks need fixing in Roman Numerals for the number 8 - VIII
    Once I was Mercy and before that I was Anonymous.
    It takes a very special kind of person to lose email addresses.
    For small mercies and mHudson, be grateful.

Default reply to thread

three sticks would give III
    to make 8 with two more make the remaining two sticks into a V and precede the III

VIII

Zaxx

VIII which is 8 in Roman numerals

Make a V with the 2 sticks to get VIII

Ok, so I think I get this. Use one of the free sticks to mark the third folder, then the next one to mark the fourth folder. Then remove the stick from the third folder and use it to mark the fifth, remove the fourth to mark the sixth. Continue 'leap-frogging' the sticks until the eighth folder is marked.

Job done!

I am 'Loki' on uk1 server.

they are roman numerals, so only 5 sticks are needed to make the pattern VIII for 8, 3 are already there:

existing VI: add "II" to make VIII for 8
    existing III: add "V" to make VIII for 8

Incognito, UK1
    UK5,1 Annoying Gaul/CDT, UK5,2 Colt Seavers/Geoffles, Au1,3 Stringfellow/AoW, Au4,2 Spirit/KGB, TKCom2 Stringfellow/xTools, UK3,8 Spirit/Resurge, UK1,10 Tauriel/Havoc, UK1/11 Incognito/Betrayed
    #9 crop UK T3, first in clubbies, #2 attacker, #10 hero
    Your game don't scare me, I got hit by this

Place the 2 sticks to form V before the three III = VIII
    Mother UK6

VIII

Jelley/Wulfric/s6

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast