Community Manager UK/US CM mhudson's Avatar

Default Hero Adventures Discussion

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HA part2.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	49.9 KB 
ID:	6819

Discuss the Hero Adventures Game here

Do you like the game? Have a question about it? or want to give feedback. Here is the place to do so....
    CM mhudson
    Community Manager
    Travian: Legends US/UK

128-10-93-85-10-128-98-112-6-6-25-126-39-1-68-78

Fluffy and Snuggly Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member

I look forward to this, sounds like fun
    Last edited by CM mhudson; 26 Feb 2017 at 08:51 PM. Reason: testing users can post feedback
    *Disclaimer: All thoughts and opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts and opinions of the domain or of TravianGames

Please tell me someone has a monkeys what to do for the day 2 one. I've read it multiple times and still don't even know what the question is!
    S1 - Chronos http://travian-reports.net/us/report/4025038ccb4
    IRL - Leonardo DiCaprio

I know its easy

But only because i have the answers infront of me
    CM mhudson
    Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Table View Post
    Please tell me someone has a monkeys what to do for the day 2 one. I've read it multiple times and still don't even know what the question is!
    Switch off from the logical side, and look at what is being given to you.
    There's an easier way to address the puzzle,
    Last edited by CM mhudson; 28 Feb 2017 at 08:44 PM. Reason: No giving hints away

Doh, giving the answer away!
    Once I was Mercy and before that I was Anonymous.
    It takes a very special kind of person to lose email addresses.
    For small mercies and mHudson, be grateful.

I like the idea about more forum games/contests...And it's bringing more people to the forum, Hurray! Still not sure how I feel about the winners being chosen by random, but that's just me

Day 3. No idea what the TS does differently in ROA and can't find the answer online...

Have a look in the UK20 Forum area you might find something useful
    CM mhudson
    Community Manager

Could you please clarify the Day 3 answer? The answer given in the thread gives the gaul travel time as 10 hours 10 mins but the question clearly states that the gaul travel time is 10 hours. Given that the total roman time taken is 9 hours 15 mins how can the answer possibly be 55 mins?

Hey

There has been much discussion on the answers with the SCM who provided which was why we accepted answers from 40 - 60 in the end.

also some people took the 60 fields to be inclusive of your villages and others did not.

The issues have been noted and will be taken into consideration for future quests. As long as you were in the right area then you got the points.
    CM mhudson
    Community Manager

I thought it was a brilliant question. When you work with the information given to you the answer is 45 mins. The tricky part was to remember to add the 10 mins to the 10 hour travel time to get the 61 square distance.
    Last edited by NE Fan; 02 Mar 2017 at 07:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scoot132 View Post
    Day 3. No idea what the TS does differently in ROA and can't find the answer online...
    That was my problem so I never got to do day 3

kirriloid has a calculator for it, that's what I used...
    UK5,1 Annoying Gaul/CDT, UK5,2 Colt Seavers/Geoffles, Au1,3 Stringfellow/AoW, Au4,2 Spirit/KGB, TKCom2 Stringfellow/xTools, UK3,8 Spirit/Resurge, UK1,10 Tauriel/Havoc
    #9 crop UK T3 WWK, first in clubbies
    Your game don't scare me, I got hit by this

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Philaneous View Post
    That was my problem so I never got to do day 3
    Should have just taken a guess. None of the gold winners got the answer right. I think they realised they had made a mistake with the answer but instead of trying to rectify it they went into full cover up mode,accepting almost any answer. It's just became a complete farce really

NE Fan, I understand you are upset that a range of answers were accepted but it has already been explained to you that this is a HQ organised contest not one managed by the moderators.

The answer provided was different to the one many of you expected. Since the contest is on all domains we were all directed to accept a range of answers for that question.

As a result you and others have been given the points even if the answer was not the one we were told to expect and so are still eligible to be put into the final winners pot (providing you correctly answer all questions).

As a result of the ambiguity on Day 3 and to try to ensure the issue does not re-occur upcoming tasks have been changed slightly to make it clearer to non RoA players.
    Last edited by CM mhudson; 03 Mar 2017 at 05:23 PM.
    CM mhudson
    Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by NE FAN
    The answer provided was different to the one many of you expected because the answer provided was wrong. I know it and I'm 100% sure you do too. There is no ambiguity in the question, there is only 1 correct answer. I've already said how brilliant I thought the question was even though I've never played an RoA server in my life, I just used the link you provided.

At no time have I ever blamed the moderators for this, I've no idea where that came from

I stand by what I said in my last post, you were given the wrong answer by HQ, you gave out the gold and then a few hours later realised a mistake had been made. Instead of admitting it, it's been swept under the carpet hoping it goes away.

And as the only person to get the answer right, I'd like to think I'm still eligible to be put into the final winners pot
    If you have a question about the quest you should contact me by PM or email to cm@travian.co.uk not message the moderators or SuperMods they have nothing to do with this contest nor do they have any information on it.

The decision to accept multiple answers came many hours before Day 3 Task closed.

It has been repeatedly stated that anyone who answered within the range would be awarded a point and their answer deemed as correct.

Any player who completes all tasks correctly will be in the final winners pot.
    Last edited by CM mhudson; 03 Mar 2017 at 08:30 PM.
    CM mhudson
    Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by CM mhudson View Post
    If you have a question about the quest you should contact me by PM or email to cm@travian.co.uk not message the moderators or SuperMods they have nothing to do with this contest nor do they have any information on it.

The decision to accept multiple answers came many hours before Day 3 Task closed.

It has been repeatedly stated that anyone who answered within the range would be awarded a point and their answer deemed as correct.

Any player who completes all tasks correctly will be in the final winners pot.
    I have not messaged any moderator or Supermod about this, please do not insinuate that I have.

I have done nothing more than query the answer to the question. I did not query what answers you were accepting.
    Last edited by NE Fan; 03 Mar 2017 at 10:05 PM.

So, what literally was the answer? I used kirilloid to get a winning answer. I played with the filters until I had the 10 hour Gaul travel time, and went from there.
    S1 - Chronos http://travian-reports.net/us/report/4025038ccb4
    IRL - Leonardo DiCaprio

unfortunately you have to be very sure that the answers are correct... i say you but who ever is writing them.... id also like to say actually everyone is wrong on answer 3.... the village wouldnt of been destroyed as no where does it mention the roman army sending rams.... the gaul army is said to of... but twice it only talks about roman army and cats.... should say i didnt spot it... and can also argue that it doesnt say how many waves are being sent or whether the gaul village has a wall high enough to have a population...
    not sure i like winners being picked random.... would of been better being the first 5 etc... but hay ho....
    but in general i like it.... iv finally gone to effort of re activating my account that was frozzen which i guess is the whole point of this any way.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast