Thread: Same second cata waves with Mac?

Default Same second cata waves with Mac?

Hi there.

I have been searching Google trying to find answers to this one, but it seems impossible.
    I have a MacBook Pro (broken leg so can't access my Windows PC properly).
    Downloaded Firefox 28.
    No matter what, using the work offline method, I cannot get 4 waves to land in a single second.
    I have tried 50 different times, closest I got was 3 in the same second.
    It is very inconsistent and hard to do.
    Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get same second waves to work on Mac?
    Most topics I found were from 2009.
    I hope things have changed now and it actually is possible.

Thanks!

There are several other factors to getting same sec waves.

You need a really fast computer, as the reload speed of the browser sucks up a silly amount of computer resource considering it is simply a browser. Make sure you close everything else on your computer. My surface pro 3 cannot do it, and my 8-core desktop with 8GB ram and SSD with no dedicated graphics can barely do it, which comes onto my second problem...

Latency...

If you are too far from the travian servers, then you run into issues. I am not sure if this is to do with distance, latency or number of hops between you and the server, or a combination, but if you think, you only have to have one of the reloads of your waves to straddle 1 second and you split them into separate seconds. If your first wave is at 10:00:00.750 ms then you only have 250ms to send the other 3. If it is at 900ms you only have 100ms. This comes down to luck and latency.

If we run a tracert on a travian server, we get this:

which shows us the cata waves have to run over 18 server hops. The IP address of hop 18 is 146.0.4.42 which we can do a search and find that this is Munich, Germany (makes sense as this is Travian HQ). So it doesn't matter if you are UK-based for a UK server, unless you are in Germany, your connection has to go some distance and will have latency. Mine is 286ms as I am in New Zealand :o So I am going to really struggle for my timing, and I do. Which is why even my pretty fast computer sux at waves...why? because all it takes is for one of these 18 server hops to "have a little server meltdown moment (like you can see hop 14 doing here)" of 500ms or more and one of your "packets" of information to travian arrives a second later than the other 3

All that assumes you can send the 4 waves to travian within 1 second in the first place!

50% of the technical stuff here might be correct.
    Last edited by Cretin; 20 Feb 2017 at 10:38 PM.
    UK5,1 Annoying Gaul/CDT, UK5,2 Colt Seavers/Geoffles, Au1,3 Stringfellow/AoW, Au4,2 Spirit/KGB, TKCom2 Stringfellow/xTools, UK3,8 Spirit/Resurge, UK1,10 Tauriel/Havoc
    #9 crop UK T3 WWK, first in clubbies
    Your game don't scare me, I got hit by this

The Troublesome One Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member Tombo457's Avatar

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply, however I also have a macbook and had to send waves on it for the first time this year and I first had the same problem as you.

From the googling I managed at the time I definitely managed to get more waves same second, but I also never managed to get the elusive 4 per second for more than the first second and then it would tail off. I eventually decided it was to do with the way firefox is coded for iOS as much as anything else. From memory, the main things I managed to do to increase the number of waves I got was decreasing the time it takes for each window to appear, and also decreasing the pause that is taken between pressing the enter button and it registering this. Have you tried these things?

If you tried different options I would be intrigued to hear what you tried.
    Pablo Escobar COMx - WWK
    DKx Comeback Round - Brian Fantana
    PublicEnemy UKx9 - http://i.imgur.com/l23a9.png

I think less than 50% cretin.

When I spoke to my programming team at work they said no and then said more stuff i do not understand

Apparently it something to do with when the request hits the server regardless of where and when it was sent and all that.

They mention the possibility of many many wave possible per second but 4-6 is fine for me at the moment.

I do not have a solution for Mac though sorry, I have not used one (for good reason )
    THE
    NOTORIOUS
    CRUNCHIE

Quote Originally Posted by Tombo457 View Post
    Hi,

Apologies for the late reply, however I also have a macbook and had to send waves on it for the first time this year and I first had the same problem as you.

From the googling I managed at the time I definitely managed to get more waves same second, but I also never managed to get the elusive 4 per second for more than the first second and then it would tail off. I eventually decided it was to do with the way firefox is coded for iOS as much as anything else. From memory, the main things I managed to do to increase the number of waves I got was decreasing the time it takes for each window to appear, and also decreasing the pause that is taken between pressing the enter button and it registering this. Have you tried these things?

I have done both these things.
    Delay until repeat is at the shortest option.
    Not sure if I used the right code in terminal for decreasing the window appearance time, but it should be right.
    For some reason, if I use the enter method I will get like 8 pop up windows of 'Resend' even though I only have 4 tabs open.
    Now I got 4 waves in 3 seconds, it's just completely terrible.
    I'm using Firefox 28 and checked the 'low internet speed' checkbox when logging in to Travian.
    Really no clue what else I could try.
    Opera and Chrome don't seem to have offline browsing for Mac

Quote Originally Posted by Tombo457 View Post
    Hi,

I have tried both options.
    Delay until repeat is on the shortest option possible, and all window animations have been turned off in Onyx.
    I really don't know what else to try.
    The weird thing is, when I use the Enter method I get like 8 pop up windows for 'Resend' even though I only have 4 waves.
    It's just never consistent, most of the time it's 4 waves in 3 seconds.
    As far as I know Chrome, Safari or Opera don't have an offline work mode.
    I'm using Firefox 28 and check the low speed internet box when logging in.
    Anything else that can be done?

Quote Originally Posted by Huddles View Post
    Hi there.

I have been searching Google trying to find answers to this one, but it seems impossible.
    I have a MacBook Pro (broken leg so can't access my Windows PC properly).
    Downloaded Firefox 28.
    No matter what, using the work offline method, I cannot get 4 waves to land in a single second.
    I have tried 50 different times, closest I got was 3 in the same second.
    It is very inconsistent and hard to do.
    Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get same second waves to work on Mac?
    Most topics I found were from 2009.
    I hope things have changed now and it actually is possible.

Thanks!
    With offline mode I found it's much harder to get 4 per second. Using 4 browser tabs, setting up an attack on each one of them and highlighting the confirm button. Then go to tab with the first wave, pres enter followed by fast subsequent ctrl-tab, enter, ctrl-tab, enter etc. With some practise this brought me to 95% success rate.

Here's an overview of the FF hotkeys (to switch tabs): https://www.accessfirefox.org/Firefo...Shortcuts.html