Thread: Useful tactics

Default Useful tactics

Hello everyone,

I have noticed a couple of great tactics that OLYMPIA and Pantheon have been using that I thought I would share. I know for some of the more experienced players these may be common knowledge, but they should be interesting for most of us 'casual' players;

I have been attacking on a regular basis with Superted - with him sending a few hours before me. OLYMPIA got their players to scout me every 10 minutes or so when they knew I would be sending my attacks to try and spot when my troops were home - that way they could rule out a number of fakes. It worked brilliantly and they could rule out 3 of my 6 targets before I had even sent!

2. When a player has the AA artifact, rather than have an alliance whip around, they simply leave the alliance and raid other players villages (pre-arranged of course). Much quicker than waiting for merchants and ensures that the queues are built up quickly when a player has the artifact.

Anyone else spotted some good ideas/tactics?

Lag
    Iím not good-looking. I used to be but not anymore. Not like Robert Taylor. What I have got is I have character in my face. Itís taken an awful lot of late nights and drinking to put it there. When I go to work in a picture, I say, ĎDonít take the lines out of my face. Leave them there'
    - Humphrey Bogart

Giving away our little secrets, Not going to happen, we all have our ways of doing things, and hiding a hammer, whilst faking is an obvious one.
    At the end of every black hole is a man with torch

Quote Originally Posted by Eurypedes View Post
    Giving away our little secrets, Not going to happen, we all have our ways of doing things, and hiding a hammer, whilst faking is an obvious one.
    Err, I think you missed the point. I was complimenting the good use of scouts to pick out a real attack from a players fakes.

I think everyone knows that they should hide a hammer amongst fakes.
    Iím not good-looking. I used to be but not anymore. Not like Robert Taylor. What I have got is I have character in my face. Itís taken an awful lot of late nights and drinking to put it there. When I go to work in a picture, I say, ĎDonít take the lines out of my face. Leave them there'
    - Humphrey Bogart

Interesting points. I think it's a 48hr wait before being able to raid (re: the second one) an ex-alliance or I might be thinking of sitting wait times. My brain isn't working on all cylinders right now

And you certainly are giving some good pointers away but no harm in that from my perspective. If the experienced players lose their edge because someone has shared their competitive advantage, then they simply need to adapt. One of the hardest parts of the game is adapting, but it's also the most rewarding I find.

You could also start some kind of 'tactics discussion' thread on the strategy guides sub-forum. Whether it's a discussion/debate or just a place to input tactics, I'm sure the input would be welcomed.
    Last edited by Hawkery; 16 Feb 2017 at 06:12 PM.
    "Itís only when the tide goes out that you see who was swimming naked."

#MakeTravianGreatAgain #MTGA

You can raid even in same alliance, until you've hit the raid cap. If you sit for them or any of the other caps apply, they'll of course kick in first.

The 48h particularly applies to chiefing of ally members.

Last HATE server I played LOTR had the unique scout and we had a spreadsheet with every single army on the server down. I like Ryder's tactics for using that artefact but won't steal his thunder by saying what it is. Inspired though, as Ryder's in game tactics usually are. Scouting generally I think is underused by alliances.

Hawkery, maybe the MODs could move this thread to the strategy section as you suggested, then it might get more input from players on other servers?
    Once I was Mercy and before that I was Anonymous.
    It takes a very special kind of person to lose email addresses.
    For small mercies and mHudson, be grateful.

Certainly nothing new in scouting a player regularly every few minutes to catch his army at home, but it is a tactic I seen used far too rarely! Hawks are fantastic artes when used correctly, however, they are regularly wasted by players more concerned with keeping their own account safe, than how they can really benefit their alliance!

Great to see someone making good use of the arte for once!

As for Ryder (Peace be upon him), you give him way too much credit Meme! It was more luck, rather than a well thought out plan, that saw him make use of his U Hawk on s1!

Do not destroy the myth that is Ryder! How very dare you :p. It's all from his own devious and incredible brain!
    Once I was Mercy and before that I was Anonymous.
    It takes a very special kind of person to lose email addresses.
    For small mercies and mHudson, be grateful.

Senior Teuton MemberSenior Teuton MemberSenior Teuton Member Elisa's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Presuming Ed View Post
    As for Ryder (Peace be upon him)
    That made me LOL for real

And the only luck you lot got was things like people forgetting to put scouts in their diet villages (ahem) or when we picked the wrong village to defend. I'm not too proud to say we were hopelessly outclassed.

Quote Originally Posted by Presuming Ed View Post
    they are regularly wasted by players more concerned with keeping their own account safe
    AKA Andy

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by ggnore13 View Post
    AKA Andy
    Yes our alliance is not scouting very well is it? If you could be bothered to check your alliance attack board you will find hundreds of scouting's every day on your team and Olympia from our strong scout arti holders as most normal people do things. Isn't it about time you did something useful for your alliance other than spin rubbish? Maybe start to use some of the troops you must surely have with using the AA so long before you are left with 10 players "again" (A bit of Deja Vu here?)
    UK2 Zombie