Thread: Mistakes, gaffes and general cock ups!!

Default Mistakes, gaffes and general cock ups!!

Every now and again we have a thread where people admit to mess ups during the server, thought it was about time we had one here.

If you have a good story from a previous server please share it as well...

A few to get started;

1. My duel has kept me on the straight and narrow this server, but after sending my attack and fake list I received a lovely message from an opposing player congratulating me on my same second waves.... that were arriving exactly 24 hours after everybody else's attacks

2. When the daily rewards first came out I spend 4 months thinking we could only choose 1 of the 4 reward levels, struggling over which one to choose

3. For the first 3 servers after they came out, I constantly wore either the infantry or cavalry helmet to get the training speed bonus... Only for my sitter to notice and explain you only need to wear them when you actually click the train button... Also missed out on the experience gain and culture point gain because of constantly wearing the Helmet of the Cavalry

4. Followed the starting up guide, from the Danes who won UK5 a couple of servers ago, absolutely as it said - but couldn't work out why I was settling so far behind some of the other AA players... until I realised I hadn't pasted it for my duel, so he was following a completely different build

Anyone else...

Lag
    Iím not good-looking. I used to be but not anymore. Not like Robert Taylor. What I have got is I have character in my face. Itís taken an awful lot of late nights and drinking to put it there. When I go to work in a picture, I say, ĎDonít take the lines out of my face. Leave them there'
    - Humphrey Bogart

Oh man, where do I start!?

The classic? sending your hero to another village 5 hours away without checking the "change village box"
    At the end of every black hole is a man with torch

Great thread lets see how honest and who can forget about their egos

I could fill this up with my own. Even today my partner in crime left a cutting opportunity in a chiefing and the player took advantage and stopped the chiefing. Now i either call him an idiot, think i should of done it all myself, or say he will learn and not to leave a gap esp 5 mins hehe and get on with it. As I made a total balls up of one earlier in the era by reinforcing in the middle of it I think the last option is applicable

Trying to send same second attacks and not realising that your firefox has updated and only sends one wave

Quote Originally Posted by Eurypedes View Post
    The classic? sending your hero to another village 5 hours away without checking the "change village box"
    This.

As well as forgetting to turn Firefox back online when sending waves. And even on one occasion forgetting to turn it offline.

Using a book and then forgetting what I had before and what I needed to change hero stats to.

There's bound to be more...
    "Itís only when the tide goes out that you see who was swimming naked."

#MakeTravianGreatAgain #MTGA

MemberMember

The classic? sending your hero to another village 5 hours away without checking the "change village box
    Perhaps they need to make ''The change Hero Village' box bigger, I did this last week, then sat there looking befuddled as to why hero wouldn't claim an oasis.

Market place: Wasn't until second server I realised you could send different quantities of each resource, such as 10k of wheat rather than 2.5k x 3 at one go
    You live and learn

Oh and not mentioning same second waves, seems that is something I'll never do

My best/worst one was the chiefing "attempt" when I sent chiefs from three seperate villages, all running large parties,to an active player, landing at exactly the same second, ONLY for the second set to be sent as Reins... THERE was a LOT of swearing.

The one redeeming point is that Lord Bane(some may be aware of him) said "mistakes happen"
    At the end of every black hole is a man with torch

Sent the troops for what I thought would be a perfect crop lock but sadly forgot about the party in my brewery. Dam cats hit just about everything but crop related stuff.

Back in my home server, there is a name if you mess up when capturing artis. Send it on random rather than target the TC. We called it "Pulling a dub" because the player Dub messed this up every round he played (around 4). So, every time when we send a MM, we warn the players to not pull a dub and do it right when artis are upon us
    Owner of the Teutobod franchise. You see Teutobod on any server, it's me.

Quote Originally Posted by lagushki View Post

2. When the daily rewards first came out I spend 4 months thinking we could only choose 1 of the 4 reward levels, struggling over which one to choose
    Exactly the same here!
    S1 - Chronos http://travian-reports.net/us/report/4025038ccb4
    IRL - Leonardo DiCaprio

When raiding your own village to move resources, do remove the troops first

New Poster

This was a few years back; Had to chief my own village to free a slot for the third chief in hammer village. Forgot about the 15k praetorians I had built in that village

My achilles heel is moving artis.

So many things can go wrong when a hero is sent to pick up an arti I have. Forget to demo TC, traps, returning raids so evasion doesn't work, reins I forget to return, animals I forget to return. I've done them all

Last UK3 server I killed this guys hero from a confed so many times he actually complained to the leaders and threatened to attack me for real!

I may have once sent all my Haeds to raid a Cap oasis to move resources over and completely forgotten that most of my swords were stored there

On the plus side I made top 10 Attack and defence in the same week.

Of course that was a long, long time ago. I don't make mistakes like that any more. No sirree.
    Once I was Mercy and before that I was Anonymous.
    It takes a very special kind of person to lose email addresses.
    For small mercies and mHudson, be grateful.

Early in the morning, barely awake and pressed for time. What if I send those troops and chiefs now, then I might have that village chiefed by the end of the day.
    So, 5 chiefs on their way… and in the back of my mind being vaguely surprised about the short travel times (did the arte change to haste?). No time to check though and off to work. At lunch time a sneak peek and there they were: the attack reports.
    Huh??? No loyalty changes? Residence still there? NO CATS???????????

Sending my hammer with +30k haeds, looking forward to some nice hero points! Yeah… with hero on 100% res bonus, wearing comfy slippers and the walking staff of the druids…

Last edited by Killjerry; 22 Feb 2017 at 06:41 PM.