Thread: Village bouncing back

Mrs. Fantastic

Prolific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific Member Ryder's Avatar

Default Village bouncing back

So there's a few of us on the account. Often one will leave their browser open whilst afk. Another dual will then come online and go on the account but we are unable to override the original dual. No matter what we try, everytime we click on a different village and try to build troops, upgrade infra etc, as soon as a raid lands home in the capital the account bounces you back to that village. Making it near on impossible to do anything on the account.

Is this normal? As it doesn't happen when another dual does it. Is there a way to overide? I've always known it that if a dual comes on the account and starts flicking between villages you flick aswell.
    Server 2, Round 4
    Server 3, Round 8
    Server 5, Round 8

Current Server;
    Uk2, Round 10 - IGN;Tendril Man

Honoured Natarian MemberHonoured Natarian MemberHonoured Natarian MemberHonoured Natarian Member Trouble's Avatar

yes

this happens

solution:
    press log out,
    this will log them out

then log back into the account

GG

dual are notorious for changing village on each other etc
    No-cringe signature.

Normal. I don't know how the refresh code works server end, but village snap is not the only problem it can cause. So, feature request: a "log everyone out" button, or even an auto logout after say 10 minutes of nothing but the village screen auto-refreshing, since HQ know that duals are a thing and because it's known that the auto refresh causes other probs (unnecessary server load for a start).

Incidentally, Trouble, the logout button does not log everyone out. At least not from what I can see, as I was talking to Ryder when he tried that. The snap continued (a dual is still logged in but afk). I've also experienced it myself with a sitter, on another server, and seen a huuuuuge raider on .com who was literally unable to do anything at all because the refreshes were coming so fast that his phone's internet speed could not load a page fast enough to stop it.
    Last edited by MOD Elisa; 05 Feb 2017 at 01:51 PM.

I had this issue a few days ago actually, tried logging out using the red X in the top right corner which did nothing. Had villages jumping all over the place and couldn't do much. No dual on the account so I knew it wasn't that.

I managed to solve it by removing my sitter. Not sure if my sitter was causing it, but it solved the problem straight away so did the math and assumed it was that.
    "Itís only when the tide goes out that you see who was swimming naked."

#MakeTravianGreatAgain #MTGA

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkery View Post
    Not sure if my sitter was causing it
    Quite likely was - sitters and duals seem to behave exactly the same in terms of village snap, and "forgetting to log out" is a pretty common thing (I should know, oops).

Quote Originally Posted by Ryder View Post
    So there's a few of us on the account. Often one will leave their browser open whilst afk. Another dual will then come online and go on the account but we are unable to override the original dual. No matter what we try, everytime we click on a different village and try to build troops, upgrade infra etc, as soon as a raid lands home in the capital the account bounces you back to that village. Making it near on impossible to do anything on the account.

Is this normal? As it doesn't happen when another dual does it. Is there a way to overide? I've always known it that if a dual comes on the account and starts flicking between villages you flick aswell.

we Always experience this, because from raiding village haveing + 8000 outgoing and + 8000 incoming troops you can never leave the page on the resourse screen where you see troop movments or in rally Point. And you need to tell all duals.
    Or else it will be impossible to take care of account.
    Cause every time a troop raids or get home it will refresh to that village.

only way i can remember we can solve it is to change password and that will throw the afk dual out and when he returns you can give hime the new password.