Thread: ads bugged

Default ads bugged

When watching the ads for 25% faster buildtime, 3 bugs:

either ads do not load, just black screen

it cycles through multiple ads trying to select one (the 5 digit number in the top right corner just keeps changing, then stops and black screens), this can go on for about a minute

the ad finally plays, and closes and then the building is not building

changing browser does not fix
    clearing cache does not fix
    UK5,1 Annoying Gaul/CDT, UK5,2 Colt Seavers/Geoffles, Au1,3 Stringfellow/AoW, Au4,2 Spirit/KGB, TKCom2 Stringfellow/xTools, UK3,8 Spirit/Resurge, UK1,10 Tauriel/Havoc
    #9 crop UK T3 WWK, first in clubbies
    Your game don't scare me, I got hit by this

Community Manager UK/US CM mhudson's Avatar

Please message support with the following information

Browser (including version)
    The 5 digit codes for the ads that fail.

This information can then be sent to HQ for testing
    CM mhudson
    Community Manager
    Travian: Legends US/UK

128-10-93-85-10-128-98-112-6-6-25-126-39-1-68-78

Support eventually got bored of me and just ended up replying "clear your cache". I have done this so many times. I think I have worked out the problem. I am based outside of the UK. I THINK the problem is geographical add basing. The only adds that I ever get shown are:

Travian blog
    Train nation
    Mirror Magia
    Soccer Hero
    Grand Prix Challenge
    Maybe one add from my country

There are many, many adds that it cycles through and jams, or flicks through before settling on one of these. My guess is that there is a glitch on the geo-add thing. Obviously it only wants to show a geographically relevant add to me, but while cycling through to a relevant add it is bugging. This happens on every browser, including mobile. Clearing the cache does not always fix. It is a coding problem. Can you please look to resolve?

Thanks.
    UK5,1 Annoying Gaul/CDT, UK5,2 Colt Seavers/Geoffles, Au1,3 Stringfellow/AoW, Au4,2 Spirit/KGB, TKCom2 Stringfellow/xTools, UK3,8 Spirit/Resurge, UK1,10 Tauriel/Havoc

I'm not Customer Service but I do know this is a known bug. A fix is being prepared to be rolled out in the next patch.

The videos are geographical which makes things more complicated.

If you can post your server, nick, browser and the 5 digit codes for each bugged video here and I will collate them and send them to HQ as part of my weekly report
    Last edited by CM mhudson; 14 Feb 2017 at 08:55 PM.
    CM mhudson
    Community Manager

Add 19390 seems to be a problem one

19390 froze

retried:
    17318 cycled to 20309 which cycled to 20308 which cycled to 19390 which froze

retried:
    17318 cycled to 20309 which cycled to 20308 which cycled to 19390 which finally played

appears to be a german ad for "DB"?! i.e. ad is totally in german with german subtitles

Thanks will report them to HQ
    CM mhudson
    Community Manager

I actually get that German ad too. It's basically the only ad I see other than the Travian game ads (there used to be one in Finnish for washing powder but I haven't seen that for a while). I'm in Finland... we certainly don't speak German so I'm not sure if there's a geo bug happening or if the advertiser has ok'd it for us.

saw a cycle again which did the same cycle, but it skipped past 19390 this time to play Mirra Magia...so it might be a problem with this one where its playing sometimes, skipping sometimes, and getting confused sometimes...

I have also noted that when jamming the browser (especially edge) is using up A LOT of system resource, i.e. 1.2-2MB memory. This seems to be A LOT for what is going on...

Found that the massive amount of resource memory use was then tripping disk/virtual memory problems which may have been causing a stall? Disabling System and compressed memory process appears to resolve this part of the problem. Maybe you can look at why ads are creating this cascade of memory issues?
    Last edited by Cretin; 22 Feb 2017 at 03:26 AM.

Thanks for the feedback. That has all been passed to HQ to look at
    CM mhudson
    Community Manager