Thread: Ex-Player needs updating

Gotta' be sneaky... Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member Jakeyyy's Avatar

Default Ex-Player needs updating

Hello there,

I used to play years ago and am just wondering if anyone has some pointers about how I'd get started on a server again? Am looking to play as offensive teuton or offensive gaul.

Thank you.
    When you play the game of travian, you either win or you die.

Well best bet is to get yourself in a good team that can guide you through the process of updating your repertoire. Have you started a server yet?
    "Itís only when the tide goes out that you see who was swimming naked."

#MakeTravianGreatAgain #MTGA

Gotta' be sneaky... Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member Jakeyyy's Avatar

I started on uk6, but im looking at starting on a new one if one starts soon. What makes a good team?

Well having dedicated leaders is always useful. And experienced ones too, so they're around plenty to give good advice. Sadly I fall into neither of those categories lol

And a proactive team I guess, but as long as you don't have a spy.

Okie dokie. So putting alliances aside, lets get down to game mechanics.

I used to go for building troops from the off, whats the best plan now?

Best bet is to focus on economics and CP of v1. Sim your way to v2. Personalliy I liked this over an offensive start but the new beginners protection makes simming starts very difficult

Wait wait wait. You've contradicted yourself there.

You've said to sim for v2 but then said BP makes simming starts very difficult? what?

Sorry.. I meant focus on economics but the new BP makes a raiding start very difficult. I got me words muddled up

Ahh I see. Dont suppose theres a step-by-step guide anywhere for how to start on these new servers the best way?

there might be somewhere in the guides section but I guess we can cover it here.

I always follow the task master. There's the option to skip it and get a large reward but I'm not sure which reward it better, so I just go through each step anyway.

after that I tend to focus on simming fields and starting to get CP in place. Eventually a lvl 10 residence - that gives you some CP too so worth adding that to calculations.

Ahh well straight away I skip it, so theres a mistake by me already.

So you dont build a single troop before getting v2? Crazy.

I don't, no. You get a few from the task master but they drain too much wheat. A clubbie consumes 24 wheat per day so 10 of them makes 240. Over a one week period it usually takes to get v2 that's 1,680 res. Or 16,800 for 100 of them plus the res to train them (250 each of 25k total). By that point you can't have made your money back on training them and on maintaining them to make raiding worthwhile... Well unless you can raid 41,800 but then you're only on break even.

Well I used to raid oases and get healthy intake, But I guess that is out the question now then?

So what level resource fields should I be looking at getting before v2?

I tend to go for levels 4-6, depending on how well I do. Ask around for other opinions too as some don't go over 5 whereas I tend to do a few 6's but overshoot on the res and undershoot on the cp, so that's probably a sign i should stop focus on CP sooner.

Also take in to account you can use your task master rewards towards it, though some like to keep that for v2

Yeah I reckon 5 sounds about right...

So after v2 I can start pumping out mace?

Quote Originally Posted by Jakeyyy View Post
    Yeah I reckon 5 sounds about right...

So after v2 I can start pumping out mace?
    Well that's up to you. If the servers is high on numbers then it could be profitable. You can continue simming and go down the economy route, but it's quite boring if you have spare time on your hands. If you don't mind working on extensive raid lists, then you can raid from V2, though I'd reckon you'd want at least 1 week of pure cap simming before troops to give you some of an economy to get going with.

Are any servers high on numbers nowadays?

Honoured Natarian MemberHonoured Natarian MemberHonoured Natarian MemberHonoured Natarian Member Trouble's Avatar

must have good start.. but its not required, uk servers aren't that hard, people come back weeks even months into servers and still produce deadly accounts if they know what they are doing

however cant rival good starters... some people got better at snowballing but other than that generally average player skill is.. idk actually I was never average, its actually probably pretty much the same, just less people play.

Good leaders know a lot about the game, are helpful, even without being asked. And posses leadership traits... Good leader is a very uncommon thing these days.

Essentially it constitutes having a good and firm hand. Always acting in the alliances best interest.

And no small degree of devotion, ask yourself, is this lychee going to be awake till god knows when sorting out our defences if the enemy come.

As a good rule of thumb pick some one big and strong. Because to be big and strong in travian you need game knowledge time devotion and some good tactical senses.

Also dont be those guys who sits for 2 weeks like oh guys im not going to join an alliance because i dont know how it will work out yet.
    Might be frustrating but its worth it if you have to change leader a few times early game cos at least that way you have a vote...
    Otherwise you will end up with some moody noob diva who wont do anything all game delegate to more noobier noobs and just ruin any chance u have at victory..

other changes are oasis is good to raid very early and whenever you can clear, but not much else.
    L.A's new tactic is to go out to where there is a lot of weak oasis and clear then using some troops built in your capital. I saw a dude do this with EIs (needs a bit of gold) but can work with minimal.. He got to rank 2 raider.

Also gold is still hella op, in terms of artifacts and cages.

Cages havent bothered me at all in uk servers, artifacts are only semi relevant since the people who buy them dont know how to use them.

But cages can be Op as hell if you buy a lot, consistently... Can make you a real 1 man army in the early game if you have enough that an alliance cant clear them.. Of course it costs a lot.

ur other than that leme see, natars are sporadically good farms but most people end up farming them, although the really good players i talked to dont raid them at all since they lose troops.
    All farms should be green. (unless your a moron who doesn't care about losing troops and u build no seigh, or its early in the farms life (Just been cleared), OR its too early in the game and you profit every time.. still have to be cautious dont want to be losing troops and not paying for them.)

Natar can be farmed by catapulting them regularly take out residence and troop building and they wont hurt you. However this is a lot of effort, but it works.

Finally standard of play in uk is reaching new highs and new lows, domain is still alive but wanning.. Travian dies peacefully

edit; com servers are farm fests, full of farms.
    More "cheaters" over there, but since travian has done nothing to stop bots of cheats, asides from ban me when Im not cheating (Still fu for that btw.). Basically people who want to cheat usually consider uk too small to bother with, so they don't bother here.. Still using multiple accounts to help 1 account grow in the early game is at this point not punished at all by travian, so considered to be the premium strategy for top end play, maybe u will encounter it..

I only ever go to the tournaments or .coms when i get drafted into "help" people... Who basically want to sleep and to have some other fool watch over there monstrosity of an account.. kinda sad.
    So idk just stay in the uk tbh, one day you might even have the honor of dying to me (happy) And wouldn't that be nice.. I mean I wouldn't consider it an achievement but at least it'd be worth a smirk. (was gona say laugh but then it seemed over the top)
    Last edited by Trouble; 28 Dec 2016 at 06:20 PM.
    No-cringe signature.

You only get tueton cranny dip bonus if you send your hero these days, so I prefer Gauls for raiding.

Tuet still over powered though so might as well stick with them if you're used to them
    THE
    NOTORIOUS
    CRUNCHIE