Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Unable to raid occupied oases without conquering it

  1. #1

    Default Unable to raid occupied oases without conquering it

    I am raiding someone's oases which is 2 squares from me. I have a HM lvl 10 and own no oases. I am NOT choosing 'occupy' when I raid the oases but still I get this:

    Loyalty lowered from 72 to 32.

    Why?

    Why is there even an 'occupy' option when 'send troops' does exactly the same thing?

    I don't want to occupy the oases as it will be raided.

  2. #2
    MOD Elisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Berkshire
    Posts
    212

    Default

    Simple answer is because the two buttons ("occupy" and "raid") do exactly the same thing.

    I've always viewed the "occupy" link as completely pointless when you can merely raid and it will occupy. But I must admit that I never considered someone might not want to occupy it; so, I'd consider this a bug which should probably be investigated by the devs (either to remove the "occupy" link and tell us it's too bad, loyalty will go down regardless, or remove the loyalty-lowering when using the "raid" link so that the two perform different functions).

    In the meantime, although you wouldn't be able to stop the occupation if you continued, you could demo down your HM to L9.

  3. #3
    Community Manager UK/US CM mhudson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    710

    Default

    This has been reported to HQ for investigation. Can you give the server and (if you dont mind) your account name to aid the investigation
    CM mhudson
    Community Manager
    Travian: Legends US/UK

    128-10-93-85-10-128-98-112-6-6-25-126-39-1-68-78

  4. #4

    Default

    Sure. I'm on UK2 and I am Scoot (not Groot)

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MOD Elisa View Post
    Simple answer is because the two buttons ("occupy" and "raid") do exactly the same thing.

    I've always viewed the "occupy" link as completely pointless when you can merely raid and it will occupy. But I must admit that I never considered someone might not want to occupy it; so, I'd consider this a bug which should probably be investigated by the devs (either to remove the "occupy" link and tell us it's too bad, loyalty will go down regardless, or remove the loyalty-lowering when using the "raid" link so that the two perform different functions).

    In the meantime, although you wouldn't be able to stop the occupation if you continued, you could demo down your HM to L9.
    I was under the illusion that only the Hero could reduce loyalty in an occupied oasis... must have been playing wrong all these years then.
    At the end of every black hole is a man with torch

  6. #6
    MOD Elisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Berkshire
    Posts
    212

    Default

    You're correct, but when sending the hero, it still reduces loyalty and/or occupies, if you choose "raid".

  7. #7
    Gotta' be sneaky... Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member Jakeyyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,327

    Default

    the real problem is being unable to raid anyone cause of the months of beginners protection.
    When you play the game of travian, you either win or you die.

  8. #8
    Senior Teuton MemberSenior Teuton MemberSenior Teuton Member Elisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Berkshire
    Posts
    594

    Default

    Raiding straight out of the blocks is pretty detrimental to keeping new players around

    I gather you've been away for a while, it might interest you to know that a lot of the veterans now go for a pure sim start until v2. The maths stacks up quite well now for CP gain, and these days only a very small number actually seem to go for a raid start.

  9. #9
    Gotta' be sneaky... Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member Jakeyyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,327

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elisa View Post
    Raiding straight out of the blocks is pretty detrimental to keeping new players around

    I gather you've been away for a while, it might interest you to know that a lot of the veterans now go for a pure sim start until v2. The maths stacks up quite well now for CP gain, and these days only a very small number actually seem to go for a raid start.
    Why hello Elisa, Nice to meet you

    I have been away a rather long time, you're right, and I guess the idea of extending BP is smart in order to give new players a better chance, and by the looks of things this game does need more players!

    I always found the best thing about this game was the early raiding though, so that makes me slightly sad Does this mean that the number of teuton players has plummeted on recent servers?
    When you play the game of travian, you either win or you die.

  10. #10
    Senior Teuton MemberSenior Teuton MemberSenior Teuton Member Elisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Berkshire
    Posts
    594

    Default

    Those are figures I don't have. But it does seem like "teut all the way" is the historical idea for big attackers, while it does seem that we have quite a lot of powerful roman attackers as well these days. Not having that pressure to raid early doors opens roman as a viable option. I'm yet to be converted, but you never know

  11. #11
    Gotta' be sneaky... Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member Jakeyyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,327

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elisa View Post
    Those are figures I don't have. But it does seem like "teut all the way" is the historical idea for big attackers, while it does seem that we have quite a lot of powerful roman attackers as well these days. Not having that pressure to raid early doors opens roman as a viable option. I'm yet to be converted, but you never know
    Goddam it Elisa, I thought you were going to be our little statistician! Maybe I was wrong

    I have always enjoyed playing as teuton, but with the servers now how they are, with this lengthy Beginners Period, I see very little incentive in going them which is sad

    You play as a gaul then? Why you choose them?
    When you play the game of travian, you either win or you die.

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeyyy View Post
    Goddam it Elisa, I thought you were going to be our little statistician! Maybe I was wrong

    I have always enjoyed playing as teuton, but with the servers now how they are, with this lengthy Beginners Period, I see very little incentive in going them which is sad

    You play as a gaul then? Why you choose them?
    As someone who used to be solely Teut with the occasional Roman fling on the side, I definitely bat for the other team and play Gaul now. Both off and def is much easier, cheaper and for someone who doesn't have tons of time I cba with huge mace hammers anymore. Last uk2 I managed over 400k phalanx - I don't think I could ever match that fire power with any other tribe.

    For me it's gone from the above to being solely Gaul with the occasional def Teuton acc on the side. Romans = the plague (at least for versatility anyway).

    I've not paid much attention to the split of tribes but generally Teut has stayed quite low while Romans has increased and Gauls have decreased a bit. Rather odd, really.
    "It’s only when the tide goes out that you see who was swimming naked."

    #MakeTravianGreatAgain #MTGA

  13. #13
    Angelic

    wgn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,229

    Default

    I love the roman tribe for the triple build but slow to build & expensive troops put me off.

    I love gauls for the wide diverse range of styles they allow you to play.

    Recently I've been feeling the urge to have ago at teutons. I've never actually played them first hand. Only via the sitter function.
    ukx4, ukx7, ukx8 & ukx10 - wgn, wgn, wgn & wgn , ukx11 - emily , ukx12 - Milkyway , ukx13 - Smelly Romans , ukx14 - Ayra & illii
    s1,7 - Raving Cabbage

  14. #14
    Gotta' be sneaky... Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member Jakeyyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,327

    Default

    You see, I played Roman once, and hated it.

    I then played teuton for years, and liked the offensive raiding from the off start, as I played for the medals at the start of servers.

    I had a go at offensive gaul and somehow managed to be the first to settle on a server, which was a good feeling.

    Now though, I feel like offensive starts just don't work, and that's the reason why I played the game in the first place
    When you play the game of travian, you either win or you die.

  15. #15
    Angelic

    wgn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,229

    Default

    To me it seem like they've tried to make the game more friendly for late starters but in actual fact all they've done is make the game less fun for active players and changed nothing for late starters. I say this as registering over a month late on s2 has made the game a million times harder than starting on time. Especially when I pushed out tts and found out I couldn't break my own bp.
    ukx4, ukx7, ukx8 & ukx10 - wgn, wgn, wgn & wgn , ukx11 - emily , ukx12 - Milkyway , ukx13 - Smelly Romans , ukx14 - Ayra & illii
    s1,7 - Raving Cabbage

  16. #16
    Gotta' be sneaky... Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member Jakeyyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,327

    Default

    The days of old are gone wgn, this is time for a new tactic.

    Dual on a server?
    When you play the game of travian, you either win or you die.

  17. #17
    Angelic

    wgn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,229

    Default

    I would but I'm helping out on a ts19 account, helping out on a x3 account and running a crappy late starter account on ts2. Might quit. Not enough time to play anymore.
    ukx4, ukx7, ukx8 & ukx10 - wgn, wgn, wgn & wgn , ukx11 - emily , ukx12 - Milkyway , ukx13 - Smelly Romans , ukx14 - Ayra & illii
    s1,7 - Raving Cabbage

  18. #18
    Gotta' be sneaky... Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member Jakeyyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,327

    Default

    Was only gonna be for fun anyway haha, just thought we could get a few of us on one for a laugh.
    When you play the game of travian, you either win or you die.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •