Thread: changing alliance name after server end

Default changing alliance name after server end

I am in an alliance on S1 that just ended. Another leader has removed my leader rights and changed the name of the alliance to something that I find mean. We did not win yet he has changed the alliance name to "Victorious" because he thinks we won a "moral victory". I think that demeans the win of the winning team, but also disrespects the name we played under for 9 months.

I also think it means that people could change it to anything after the game ends.

I cannot even leave this alliance to call my alliance (the WW holder) the right name.

When server ends, all names and alliance names should become locked. I think it is a bug otherwise. Because I could change my name after server ends to an enemy alliance name to make it seem that I was in the winning team, etc?
    UK5,1 Annoying Gaul/CDT, UK5,2 Colt Seavers/Geoffles, Au1,3 Stringfellow/AoW, Au4,2 Spirit/KGB, TKCom2 Stringfellow/xTools, UK3,8 Spirit/Resurge, UK1,10 Tauriel/Havoc
    #9 crop UK T3 WWK, first in clubbies
    Your game don't scare me, I got hit by this

MemberMember

I agree, and why is he still on that server, he can't change the outcome

Even though I wasn't in said alliance. I personally think that that was a despicable thing to do, that leader and any who agreed with the idea have surely painted targets on themselves for all future servers as being untrustworthy, not only that, by leaving the wing in its original name they have totally ignored the effort that all those team players put in.
    At the end of every black hole is a man with torch

There is a lesson here in how many rights you give to alliance leaders. I've seem alliances destroyed because one "leader" had full rights and kicked all the members overnight, or took away all the other leaders' rights and changed the name.
    Once I was Mercy and before that I was Anonymous.
    It takes a very special kind of person to lose email addresses.
    For small mercies and mHudson, be grateful.

Community Manager UK/US CM mhudson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cretin View Post

When server ends, all names and alliance names should become locked. I think it is a bug otherwise. Because I could change my name after server ends to an enemy alliance name to make it seem that I was in the winning team, etc?
    Reported to HQ for investigation, All game accounts should be locked the moment the WW completes so this could well be a bug (only IGMS are permitted for post WW congratulations etc)
    CM mhudson
    Community Manager
    Travian: Legends US/UK

128-10-93-85-10-128-98-112-6-6-25-126-39-1-68-78