Thread: Map Problem

Default Map Problem

Several in our alliance have noticed that when you open the map (small or full page) and start clicking around (ie clicking on oases to see the animals) after a while the map square information stops popping up. This can happen straight away or after any number of clicks.

The only way to fix it is to reload the page.

I am using Firefox latest version on WIndows 10 PC but other players are using different setups with the same bug.

This is on current UK2 AND UK3 servers

Mrs. Fantastic

Prolific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific Member Ryder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scoot132 View Post
    Several in our alliance have noticed that when you open the map (small or full page) and start clicking around (ie clicking on oases to see the animals) after a while the map square information stops popping up. This can happen straight away or after any number of clicks.

The only way to fix it is to reload the page.

I am using Firefox latest version on WIndows 10 PC but other players are using different setups with the same bug.

This is on current UK2 AND UK3 servers
    And on Finals
    Server 2, Round 4
    Server 3, Round 8
    Server 5, Round 8

Current Server;
    Uk2, Round 10 - IGN;Tendril Man

Senior Teuton MemberSenior Teuton MemberSenior Teuton Member Elisa's Avatar

Others might have noticed that the map no longer reloads & reverts as you move too - the coords in the address bar actually change to reflect where you are. This was by design... but is making me a bit frustrated I must admit, I get lost and can't re-orient myself (don't ever get me to navigate on a road trip). Devs are aware of the map now going into not-responding mode so fixing it will presumably be on a todo list.

Community Manager UK/US CM mhudson's Avatar

The dev team are aware but they are concentrating on the finals server as it has experienced major issues.
    CM mhudson
    Community Manager
    Travian: Legends US/UK

128-10-93-85-10-128-98-112-6-6-25-126-39-1-68-78

Can I suggest that the dev team stop messing with the game mid server unless there's an actual bug or something.

It seems that every few days a new 'feature' has been introduced. This seems to be a recent thing as in the past, nothing would change all server and everyone was happy.

Community Manager UK/US CM mhudson's Avatar

scoot132 I completly understand your point however disagree with everyone previously being happy.

Many of the features being impmented are being done so out of nessesity rather than "new" features. IE they are a result of fixing previously broken code, changes to payment system or legal requirements.

Admittedly there have been a number of major issues that have resulted from coding changes. This predominatly is caused by trying to update obsolete code (which has to be done to ensure the game is still playable on modern browsers).
    CM mhudson
    Community Manager
    Travian: Legends US/UK

128-10-93-85-10-128-98-112-6-6-25-126-39-1-68-78