Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quickest settle on a slow server

Default Quickest settle on a slow server

Does anyone know what the quickest settle has been on a slow server?

I guess it is hard to judge with people traveling different distances, so I it would be better asking what is the quickest time to having three settlers and enough culture points.

Lag
    Iím not good-looking. I used to be but not anymore. Not like Robert Taylor. What I have got is I have character in my face. Itís taken an awful lot of late nights and drinking to put it there. When I go to work in a picture, I say, ĎDonít take the lines out of my face. Leave them there'
    - Humphrey Bogart

Fastest settling I've seen was day 5 evening. However I don't believe day 5 can be done without heavy cheating because you need to start throwing parties before you can buy anything from the auction. Day 6 is achievable if you go insane on gold (not just for helmet but also for cages, ointments and so on) and you still have to hit the CP task at least twice. Day 7 is usually when gladiators (who are not top raiders but know what they are doing) settle. Day 8 is achievable without helmet and without raidings if you have some luck on the tasks and get 50 cp thrice. Day 9 is the day everyone else who have decent knowledge of the game should be ready to settle.

Day 9

UK1 was 8 days for me without raiding and no helmet, also bounced whilst travelling cross quad... (That was like, Oouch bro)

I have heard of day 5s happening but not seen them, day six there is usually one or two cheeky ones.

Quickest possible, there is far too much math involved in working that out for it ever to save you time no matter how many servers you play
    THE
    NOTORIOUS
    CRUNCHIE

We settled today without a glad helmet, just need to be organised!

Mrs. Fantastic

Prolific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific Member Ryder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheCodfather View Post
    We settled today without a glad helmet, just need to be organised!
    Yeah today without a helm is easy enough to do
    Server 2, Round 4
    Server 3, Round 8
    Server 5, Round 8

Current Server;
    Uk2, Round 10 - IGN;Tendril Man

Thanks everyone, good to know the usual sends for experienced players.

It would still be nice if we could find out the fastest time for getting settlers and culture points ready. It is a big advantage to settle first, so a target would be useful.

Lag
    Iím not good-looking. I used to be but not anymore. Not like Robert Taylor. What I have got is I have character in my face. Itís taken an awful lot of late nights and drinking to put it there. When I go to work in a picture, I say, ĎDonít take the lines out of my face. Leave them there'
    - Humphrey Bogart

Mrs. Fantastic

Prolific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific Member Ryder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lagushki View Post
    Thanks everyone, good to know the usual sends for experienced players.

It would still be nice if we could find out the fastest time for getting settlers and culture points ready. It is a big advantage to settle first, so a target would be useful.

Lag
    If a target is what you want then I would go for 4days.

Aim high my friend.
    Server 2, Round 4
    Server 3, Round 8
    Server 5, Round 8

Current Server;

New Poster

Day 8 is no problem really. Don't need raiding, luck or 50cp thrice, all you need is math.

Ha! Just trying to keep up - It's good to have something to aim for, just curious what a realistic target is (without pushing)
    So six days and five hours is what I have been told for this server.

Blimey!!
    Last edited by lagushki; 24 Oct 2016 at 09:40 PM.
    - Humphrey Bogart

Active MemberActive MemberActive Member

Quote Originally Posted by lagushki View Post
    Ha! Just trying to keep up - It's good to have something to aim for, just curious what a realistic target is (without pushing)
    So six days and five hours is what I have been told for this server.

Blimey!!
    yes with helm bought early and friendly accounts settled to push him... last uk2 i started wed at 9am and sent my settlers tuesday midnight (bought the helm i think on sat and been pushed with ress for my last settler).

this server i know a player that without helm and push only for last settler sent sunday evening landing 6 hrs after a helm holder... not a big difference if you think about, showing that a good plan and a helping team can beat compete with the helm (he was waiting on 50cp reward that came next day and would have landed before the player with helm)
    UK 5 - Hawkeye
    UK 19 - The 3 stooges

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Bloodaxe View Post
    Day 8 is no problem really. Don't need raiding, luck or 50cp thrice, all you need is math.
    I have to agree with that one. My CP were ready day 8 with 2 hits on the 50cp task.

As for the comments about fast settling with the help of your team its a bit off topic. I mean of course it will be faster to settle if you are pushed by somebody and it actually shows a good team effort but I think we were disputing the timings of settling using your own income.

Using Math sounds like cheating to me!

Guess I'll make a calculator to help optimize village 2 settling
    2013: uk5 - Jabberwock, 2014: uk5 - She-Hulk, 2016: uk2 - Livet er herlig

Quote Originally Posted by ggnore13 View Post
    I have to agree with that one. My CP were ready day 8 with 2 hits on the 50cp task.

As for the comments about fast settling with the help of your team its a bit off topic. I mean of course it will be faster to settle if you are pushed by somebody and it actually shows a good team effort but I think we were disputing the timings of settling using your own income.
    you can`t settle day 6 without cp helm and help with ress... guaranteed. you can settle day 7 without cp helm, but that require nice build for cp and help with ress from friends or ally. day 8 you can settle without cp helm or ress push.

I have settled amongst 1st in server in almost all servers I have played and know how this works quite well... swm that uses my system of settling 2nd villa got already some nice croppers in quad with more walking and hopefully not bouncing
    UK 5 - Hawkeye
    UK 19 - The 3 stooges

It may be the quickest settle in theory in 6 days, BUT only in theory.

In reality, what about being heavily attacked and raided ? What will protect all your resources ? Troops, troops and more troops

Quote Originally Posted by Delicious View Post
    It may be the quickest settle in theory in 6 days, BUT only in theory.

In reality, what about being heavily attacked and raided ? What will protect all your resources ? Troops, troops and more troops
    funny enough making troops before v2 is very risky... people cranny up in region of 6-10k cover, oasis spawning animal at a crazy rate... I would never advise building troops as a meaning of getting 2nd villa... you will end up with alot of ress invested in troops and no return... as for protection... no one is going to catapult you in 1st 2 weeks or so... you just need 7-10k cranny cover... great for protecting your settler ress and amazing cheap cp (best cp in game for the ress spent)
    UK 5 - Hawkeye
    UK 19 - The 3 stooges

Senior Teuton MemberSenior Teuton MemberSenior Teuton Member Elisa's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sharckyl1 View Post
    you can`t settle day 6 without cp helm and help with ress... guaranteed.
    Sorry, but I've seen it done on a recent server. And with very little gold. Certainly not buying cages and ointments. What it takes is careful planning and a lot of smart moves and patience, and realistically most of us are too impatient and make mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Elisa View Post
    Sorry, but I've seen it done on a recent server. And with very little gold. Certainly not buying cages and ointments. What it takes is careful planning and a lot of smart moves and patience, and realistically most of us are too impatient and make mistakes.
    without helm or being pushed? in day 6? on a slow x1 server? totally doubt it... but ok, if you say so
    UK 5 - Hawkeye
    UK 19 - The 3 stooges

lol I love how everyone wants to show off their math skills but its getting a little science fiction in here. There is absolutely no way you can settle day 6 without helmet, without pushing and without ointments/cages.

1. Without a helmet you can't have the CPs ready day 6... unless:
    2. You invest some extra res in CP buildings since day one (which will slow down your fields) AND you party. But without a push or heavy raiding you can't party, invest res in CP early and have the res for the settlers on time. And you can't right much if your don't heal your hero or use cages to clear the oases (please don't tell me you're gonna clear them with clubs because they're cheap ).

Now if the player in question really settled day 6 without a push, helmet and ointments then he just had several "friends" to clear oases for him.

Mrs. Fantastic

Quote Originally Posted by ggnore13 View Post
    lol I love how everyone wants to show off their math skills but its getting a little science fiction in here. There is absolutely no way you can settle day 6 without helmet, without pushing and without ointments/cages.

1. Without a helmet you can't have the CPs ready day 6... unless:
    2. You invest some extra res in CP buildings since day one (which will slow down your fields) AND you party. But without a push or heavy raiding you can't party, invest res in CP early and have the res for the settlers on time. And you can't right much if your don't heal your hero or use cages to clear the oases (please don't tell me you're gonna clear them with clubs because they're cheap ).

Now if the player in question really settled day 6 without a push, helmet and ointments then he just had several "friends" to clear oases for him.
    If the adventures are kind to you with oints and cages I beleive it's possible and you also need to settle in a prime oasis location. The odds are VERY low

http://ts2.travian.co.uk/berichte.ph...ab9a44&t=0&s=1
    http://ts2.travian.co.uk/berichte.ph...2e162b&t=0&s=1
    http://ts2.travian.co.uk/berichte.ph...b7567c&t=0&s=1

Having not tried myself I'm not saying day6 would of been possible, but the above shows getting the best of the simming route whilst enjoying the benefits of raiding. And I could of put at least one more party on than I did had I allowed for it when building my infra.

But as I've said, you need the trav Gods on your side all the way for it to happen.
    Server 2, Round 4
    Server 3, Round 8
    Server 5, Round 8

Current Server;

Quote Originally Posted by Elisa View Post
    *kills hero twice* yep I just had to settle for a grey capital as a result though, not the end of the server unless the Natar's successfully 0 it lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast