Thread: 1 update = numerous bugs

Mrs. Fantastic

Prolific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific Member Ryder's Avatar

Default 1 update = numerous bugs

First one I've noticed is now when I'm on the alliance defence page and click a yellow shield, it would usually display all and only yellow shields. But now it does nothing.

Also all my defence board, defence scoutings, scoutings seen, scoutings not seen etc etc links have changed or not working at all due to the above!

TG cannot do an update without screwing something up. No wonder numbers are dwindling.

- - - Updated - - -

next update - when under attack i used to be able to click the red swords on my village page and it would take me to my rally point. Now i need to gentle click the right hand side of the swords and i might get lucky or might have to click it another 20 times
    Server 2, Round 4
    Server 3, Round 8
    Server 5, Round 8

Current Server;
    Uk2, Round 10 - IGN;Tendril Man

Senior Teuton MemberSenior Teuton MemberSenior Teuton Member Elisa's Avatar

I hadn't seen the def page - but I have seen that something screwy is going on with the flashing red swords on the village page, they're now almost impossible to click in order to get through to the rally point. It looks as if they're moved the clickable spot off the image.

New colours in the alliance page too. I'm on the fence here. I think it was about improving accessibility for colour blindness (this affects me - but the previous scheme was just passable for me). Imo rather than experimenting with a fourth blue & green combination here, they could use a square for the blue dot. Very easy to see for we crazy-visioned people

Mrs. Fantastic

Prolific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific Member Ryder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Elisa View Post
    they could use a square for the blue dot. Very easy to see for we crazy-visioned people
    Don't give them ideas for another update - they'll only mess up more stuff

I see the "attack oasis" hasn't come back in this update either.
    Server 2, Round 4
    Server 3, Round 8
    Server 5, Round 8

Current Server;

Community Manager UK/US CM mhudson's Avatar

Ryder I have reported your points in the weekly report.

Attack oasis will be loaded in the next update as it was decided to re-instate after Oktoberfest patch was released

Travian.co.uk Forum Admin & Multihunter
    128-10-93-85-10-128-98-112-6-6-25-126-39-1-68-78

Now NPC'ing or collecting daily rewards is difficult on mobile chrome.

Can you be a bit more specific? The location of the "popup" for things like the NPC and sending res has been moved up the page a bit, and it's now in a better location than it used to be (although still a fair way down the bottom right for me, which is tricky to find and a bit laborious to get to). But perhaps you are seeing something different on your device?

Related flow of consciousness thing: logging into "low res" mode should probably reload the page or find some other way to do this than the current method. It's realllllllllly mobile-unfriendly.

Quote Originally Posted by Elisa View Post
    Can you be a bit more specific? The location of the "popup" for things like the NPC and sending res has been moved up the page a bit, and it's now in a better location than it used to be (although still a fair way down the bottom right for me, which is tricky to find and a bit laborious to get to). But perhaps you are seeing something different on your device?

Related flow of consciousness thing: logging into "low res" mode should probably reload the page or find some other way to do this than the current method. It's realllllllllly mobile-unfriendly.
    This video shows what happens with the NPC and the daily point reward does the same thing.

http://sendvid.com/jfbkr6vq the first 30 seconds is really all you need to see.

Mrs. Fantastic

Quote Originally Posted by johnjohn101 View Post
    This video shows what happens with the NPC and the daily point reward does the same thing.

http://sendvid.com/jfbkr6vq the first 30 seconds is really all you need to see.
    Mine does that if i zoom in too far on mobile. Zooming out often solves it. Not ideal, but works.
    Server 2, Round 4
    Server 3, Round 8
    Server 5, Round 8

Current Server;

Only problem is my phone zooms in automatically when I click the qty box.

Another thing I've noticed is when sending res you can enter the beginning of a village name and it brings up villages that start with that but they appear to the right off screen. This has always happened to me. Again not life changing.

Gosh, that's pretty horrid, yes. it's re-zooming further out every time. Yeow.

I'm familiar with the res-sending one. That one's frustrating, but not as terrible as what you're seeing with the NPC. I hope they can do something about that.

johnjohn101 I have reported this to HQ for investigation

So there's been an update but this problem hasn't been fixed. Is there a recommended mobile I can use to avoid this?

johnjohn101 the tech team are working on this but because there are two approved and supported mobile applications that can be used for the game
    travile (Travian:Kingdoms) and TravMobi (Travian:Legends / Travian:ROA) they have assigned this bug as low priority.