Thread: Daily Rewards - Remove or Change 'Raid an Unoccupied Oasis'

Default Daily Rewards - Remove or Change 'Raid an Unoccupied Oasis'

Probably not at the top of everyone's mind but it just occurred to me as perhaps a little dated.

My suggestion would be to change the tasks required in the Daily Rewards and start by removing the 3x oasis task with something, anything else. For those that play heavily offensive during start game I can see it has advantages, but after v6/7, I couldn't care less about oases unless I'm looking for easy hero XP. After arte's it's especially useless for me. It's getting to the point where it's not something I'd usually do either and now I'm only raiding oases for the 100 point reward (since 400 cp / hero xp is still useful, even though the xp from hitting the oasis isn't). It's also not as easy for defenders to partake in. I realise most have some offensive troops ('cus who wants polite troops), but off for the sake of oasis raiding is utterly pointless and a distraction from what the defender could be focusing on.

Change it to something else. Alter the weighting and remove it completely. I'm not fussed. Change it after day 100 if possible. I just don't want to be raiding oases till plans are released.
    "Itís only when the tide goes out that you see who was swimming naked."

#MakeTravianGreatAgain #MTGA

New Poster

I like this idea. Perhaps it could be replaced with forge upgrades or something to do with the marketplace, eg make 3 trades or transfers?

You do realise you can just send 1 unit, right? It's the easiest task on the list pretty much.

Not really sure why you would want something harder, but a lot of the tasks are easy after some time, but hard in the beginning. If you change the oasis attacks, you might as well change the number of troops that have to be produced at once from 20 to 200 to 2000 or the number of celebrations needed.
    But, changing/scaling the tasks after some time, should scale the reward as well. I would actually like that, since as it is now, the only reward worth getting (after a few weeks) is the chance of a free adventure at 75 points.
    2013: uk5 - Jabberwock, 2014: uk5 - She-Hulk, 2016: uk2 - Livet er herlig

I think that it would be a good idea to change the daily quests and rewards that they give, as it would give people incentives to carry on doing them - they become a little redundant as the server goes on.

Although I think that it would need to be carefully thought about what they are changed to, as they'd still need to be achievable for most players and the rewards be somewhat balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Livet er herlig View Post
    Not really sure why you would want something harder, but a lot of the tasks are easy after some time, but hard in the beginning. If you change the oasis attacks, you might as well change the number of troops that have to be produced at once from 20 to 200 to 2000 or the number of celebrations needed.
    But, changing/scaling the tasks after some time, should scale the reward as well. I would actually like that, since as it is now, the only reward worth getting (after a few weeks) is the chance of a free adventure at 75 points.
    Example, you can send hero on a raid of the oasis, then cancel the raid and achieve the bonus... Therefore for experienced players this is nothing, others lose troops.

Senior Teuton MemberSenior Teuton MemberSenior Teuton Member Elisa's Avatar

As far as I'm aware, sending-cancelling only works for the tutorial - it doesn't trigger the points reward. And since the tutorial is to teach technique, I'm not sure that it matters that you can cancel

yeah totally right, it will not trigger the points reward. where we can effort 1 unit of troop anytime. Best way to complete. even some people never raid natars or anything, sometime people don't like to use gold or win bid or run a party. for that TG-team have to change everything. all depends on mentality and playing style.

New Poster

The point (for me at least) is that you can complete all the other tasks passively every day by micromanaging your account. Whereas the oasis task you have to go out of your way to send the raids. This will benefit a player in the first week maybe but after that it only exists as a chore, and eventually becomes so pointless that players don't deem the prize worthy of the extra effort to send those raids. Therefore I think it should be replaced with a task more in keeping with the passive nature of the other ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Adairnet View Post
    The point (for me at least) is that you can complete all the other tasks passively every day by micromanaging your account. Whereas the oasis task you have to go out of your way to send the raids. This will benefit a player in the first week maybe but after that it only exists as a chore, and eventually becomes so pointless that players don't deem the prize worthy of the extra effort to send those raids. Therefore I think it should be replaced with a task more in keeping with the passive nature of the other ones.
    Well, I don't farm Natars or sell/buy in auctions either. All those tasks would come into the category of doing for the sake of daily tasks.

New Poster

Well, I don't farm Natars or sell/buy in auctions either. All those tasks would come into the category of doing for the sake of daily tasks.
    NOBODY with a brain raids oasises after the first couple of weeks, yet many or most will continue to raid natars and use the auction house. Is it really that hard to make the distinction?

Make a distinction about what? Not sure why you linked my comment in the first place, but if you wanted passive sim city tasks, you should really remove the Natars one as well.

If you get a kick from buying your daily ointment, good for you, but I doubt people would use it daily if not for the tasks. Which is probably what Travian wants.

I'm currently top raider by far, and I immediately remove natar villages from our raiding lists. We send manually on both oasis and natar, and usually also buy something cheap on the auction to complete the daily tasks.