View Poll Results: Would you like Travian to make a T3.6 Classic Server.

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

27 79.41%
  • NO

7 20.59%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3.6 Classic Travian Server

Default 3.6 Classic Travian Server

Who thinks there will ever be another chance to play a 3.6 Classic Travian server?

When posting on the Travian Facebook page they just say 'Post your request on your local forum' or 'There are no plans for a classic server at the moment'

I have seen that some people have been asking for 3 years and keep getting the same response, surely it would be fairer for Travian to just say 'No we will not be doing a classic server'

I have tried and tried but just don't like the new Travian, I have always been a loyal fan to Travian and in the years I have played I have spend thousands of pounds on Gold, just seems really sad that I and many other T3.6 fans will never get the chance to play the game we love again. I bet that is there was a T3.6 server on .com it would get far more active players that the new design Travian servers get.

Discuss......

^Amen

The new numbers aren't looking great for sure. On Uk1 the plans aren't even out and there are 400 active players only, what's the worst that could happen if we had a classic?
    THE
    NOTORIOUS
    CRUNCHIE

Yeah the numbers are terrible on the new servers, I honestly believe bringing back 1 classic server on .com would bring back so many old players. So many things I hate about the new Travian, being able to auction items to earn silver to exchange for gold is crap, it was great on T3.6 that you had to buy gold, and also the whole customising your hero on new Travian is pathetic giving him a smiley face and cute haircut.

I always remember in the Alliances I have been a part of over the years on classic Travian it was mostly adults, now I fear that most players are children, and don't buy much gold.

I've always thought that we should round up players from all our servers and create our own "players tournament". Not the travian 2x speed championship servers that are just another mechanism to get people running multiple accounts, and are rife with cheating, etc (the UK MHs seem to be pretty good around this). These would be something that is only run very rarely and just one at a time. And then get on the basis that we have a large group to play, maybe we could ask Travian to open a players server with the version/speed that we wish. It would be in their interest as they would get the gold, but I think you need to generate serious momentum to give them the business case first - they have repeatedly demonstrated that they are profits focused so you need to make supporting a "one-off" economic to them.

I would like to see a classic but please let it be T3.5 not T3.6. In fact I'd rather play T2.5 than T3.6.

The most recent official position on 3.6 is:
    But, with all this app euphoria, I have to ask the question that’s also on the minds of our players. What’s actually going on with Travian 3.6? If you follow the forums, Facebook and Twitter, you notice the players are asking the same question. Can you tell us something about this?

These questions really do get asked often and it’s not the case that we don’t notice them or even ignore them. I, personally, also really like Travian 3.6. The version was unbelievably successful and the players really enjoyed it. At the moment, we are unable to offer a T3.6 version for technical reasons. But it’s really not the case that we’re writing off the whole issue. It’s simply not at the top of our list of priorities. The focus here is on the Travian: Kingdoms app and on the ongoing development of Travian: Legends.
    from http://blog.travian.com/2015/08/inte...ire/#more-3283

Cretin is absolutely right about the business case though - you may recall one of the later batches of 3.6 servers was determined by number of Facebook likes.

they call me superman
    i'm here to rescue you

Well, let's hope it get prioritized higher when they find out Kingdoms flopped and brings in a fraction of the income of legends and older versions.
    GTB - Eeyore, Arwen&Elrond, Rotta The Hutt, Tussi | City something - Eddard Stark| UV - New Deli, Bane| - All on ukx.
    Now playing on Maida in T-rex.

Mr Fantastic

Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member MLGJ's Avatar

Since when have Travian listened to the players, they'll just plough on with Travian 6: Desperate Now
    This post was brought to you by "Mr Fantastic"

Yayyyyy made it on to setbacks ignore list, can give it but not take it
    Let me guess, some kind of funny joke?
    This message is hidden because MLGJ is on your ignore list.

Where is my apology from MLGJ, for his insult on the forums? - URSULA THE MINOR
    In your dreams Sunshine xx

Quote Originally Posted by 3.6 Classic = Best View Post
    being able to auction items to earn silver to exchange for gold is crap, it was great on T3.6 that you had to buy gold
    I'd say thats one of the best parts of T4. Gives people a chance to access gold benefits even if they don't have spare money for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by antonio View Post
    You just jump around like a tart.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elros View Post
    MJ may be many things: a 15 year old who's raided his dads dress up box, a huge ego-loudmouth and a goat botherer to name but a few, but he generally writes a fair and unbiased analysis (except when I bribe him to say good things about me)

^never mind him, he is always grumpy

I assume it is all about bringing in new players (makes sense right (apart from the failure to do so)? ). The old servers had too many that knew the game too well that it was a nightmare for new folk.
    I'm not sure.. the numbers are going that well though, let's face it, trav is a business... Wouldn't want to be the bloke that made these decisions so i can understand why he would refuse to go back on them! (Or lass for the record)
    THE
    NOTORIOUS
    CRUNCHIE

I would also like to see a 3.6 classic, even if it was just one for old times sake, could probably get a few players back for a one off too,

The numbers on S1 were mentioned above, S3 is 60 days behind also already down to 532 active players, I remember thinking a server that finished with less than 1000 was poor,

even if they don't go for a classic it would be nice to see the map shrunk so all the players were closer together and smaller alliances to give more action and fighting

Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophe View Post
    I would also like to see a 3.6 classic, even if it was just one for old times sake, could probably get a few players back for a one off too,

The numbers on S1 were mentioned above, S3 is 60 days behind also already down to 532 active players, I remember thinking a server that finished with less than 1000 was poor,

even if they don't go for a classic it would be nice to see the map shrunk so all the players were closer together and smaller alliances to give more action and fighting

OK we all would like to see 3.6 back again, who would like to back some money behind this?
    State your case with cash, sorry to be blunt, but trav is a business, so make your case..
    I would with pre entrty cash would you?
    If we make it then the deal is done.

New Poster

What I remember about T3.6 was starting a couple weeks late and your village being in the 100,100 area! Now you can start a game 2 months late and end up at the 50,50 area... I think they should have 1 classic server on the international domain (maybe even a 3x one also). It has been so long since I've played one and I miss that beautiful white background, I even dream of the golden hero star. Plus on the money side i buy around 600 or so gold on a T4 server. I would definitely triple this on a T3.6 server to keep them running!

Also the domain tc3.travian.com still exists so I am still holding out hope.

Team Lead Customer Service Travian Head Office

Hi all,

please check the following interview with one of Travian's game directors:

Interview

It's all about Travian 3.6. and explains why unfortunately there won't be any more of the old servers.

Regards,
    Chrisvc
    <center><b>[COLOR="#000000"]D[/COLOR]on't let a bot ruin your game:</b>
    * 157439 troops have been deleted.
    * 8406 building levels have been deleted
    * 1344368 resources have been deleted
    <i>(recent example of a punishment for using externals)</i></center>
    <center>Questions about T4? Check our <a href="http://t4.answers.travian.co.uk/"><b>Answers page</b></a></center>

Please bring back the classic server. The new T4 is kind of boring. The classic server was more of a challenge, more people enjoyed playing because of the challenge. On Server 3 now so many people are deleting because they are bored.

may be t4.4 is good better than clasic mode t3.6
    i think simple and more player interest with t3.6 than more much player

New Poster

Please I am begging now. T4.4 is dead now (just look at the numbers) and Kingdoms is just well... that is all I wish to say on that. I would just like 1 more T3.6 server before I hang up my Travian sword for good.

Community Manager UK/US CM mhudson's Avatar

Have you played Travian:RoA yet as its HQ's closest attempt at the classic server using the new coding.?
    CM mhudson
    Community Manager
    Travian: Legends US/UK

128-10-93-85-10-128-98-112-6-6-25-126-39-1-68-78

RoA seems good, but in-fact , it calls for experienced players only. A beginner cannot play properly and freely on this server. RoA capitalizes on team work so much that it is not possible to create an alliance off the map with the intention to win the server. Pre-made alliances before the server start is required if you need to be successful in capturing your desirable territories and unlocking them.

Confederations have become a problem. Before, in T4.4 it was working together to achieve each others goals and support each other and build a WW together ... Over here , the idea in itself becomes selfish. What advantages do i get, if i form a confederacy with them?Nothing .. No alliance is going to help another alliance to conquer a region, it is impossible to do so .... Confederacy is at best a cease fire treaty , that wont last long as their relationship cannot go anywhere...

All I'm saying is the differences between T4.4 and RoA ... RoA is a good and new concept... It is also a challenging one so this will be good for the players who look for a fight ... Unfortunately, for old timers like me, I dont think this is a good enough copy of T3.6 ...

This is all my opinion... Everyone's got one, I share mine!

Community Manager UK/US CM mhudson's Avatar

Thanks for your feedback, i will pass it to HQ as they are very keen on getting both new and old players thoughts on RoA.
    CM mhudson
    Community Manager
    Travian: Legends US/UK

128-10-93-85-10-128-98-112-6-6-25-126-39-1-68-78

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast