• Great idea!

11 64.71%
  • Bad idea

0 0%
  • Could be improved

6 35.29%

Thread: Rearrange Buildings

Default Rearrange Buildings

How about a gold feature to rearrange all the buildings in a village? Very useful for chiefed villages and also if you start out with a bad layout and want to change it later.

Not to be taken as criticism, but a couple of questions to see how it'd work.

- How much gold would it cost? Would it be per building or per village?
    - How would it re-shuffle the buildings? Swap two (swap the barracks and warehouse with each other and be considered one swap cost-wise) or would I need a spare slot free to move the latter building in to so that the former could move there? If the new slot is free then it makes it a lot easier tbf.

If there isn't already a slot free, it could work out quite costly. I might have the barracks in the right place but I now need to move my warehouse to where I want it, but before I can do that I need to move the embassy... etc etc. Anything more technical and I think HQ might consider it too time-costly.

Sounds like a workable idea though I'm not sure I'd move much other than my marketplace and barracks as they're the only two I prefer to have in the same place when I go skimming through my villages. Chiefed villages annoy the crap out of me but not enough to move everything, only one or two slots, if reasonably priced.
    "It’s only when the tide goes out that you see who was swimming naked."

#MakeTravianGreatAgain #MTGA

Angelic

How much would it cost? & Would it be per building or per village?
    It would cost 3 gold per numbered square square.

How would it re-shuffle the buildings?
    There are 20 squares in each village
    centre. Moving a building from one square to another would cost 3 gold and this is done via a retro drop-down list. The drop-down list makes up the second column of a two column table and it will list all the current buildings in the village. The first column will indicate the village square number.

As an example...
    Player A wants to move the main building from square 1 to square 10. Square 10 currently has a warehouse in the way. So Player A will locate the row for square 1, and edit the drop down list to display 'empty square'. The drop down list in row 10 can then be set to 'main building'. Player A is then free to use the drop-down list on any empty square to move the now floating warehouse.

Looking at it that way a single sum for use of the system might be better than a building by building basis. Say 5 or 10 gold per use.

ukx4, ukx7, ukx8 & ukx10 - wgn, wgn, wgn & wgn , ukx11 - emily , ukx12 - Milkyway , ukx13 - Smelly Romans , ukx14 - Ayra & illii
    s1,7 - Raving Cabbage

I wouldnt even charge for this feature, you're just moving/switching buildings around. Maybe incorporate it into gold club instead?
    Meep Meep
    #TeamNatar

Just getting better and better

I agree. It should be a Gold club option. Rearranging the buildings should be as simple as rearranging your furniture. The only one it affects is the player doing the rearranging.

I think they should concentrate on getting the gameplay sorted out rather than being able to charge more for re-arranging the furniture in a village. Travian is too gold orientated.

Knew there must have been something like this suggested before. any way Trav hq could drop the pants idea of def points and alliance bonuses and give us this instead?

Even though I don't personally see much point to this idea, I like it because it is an incentive to spend gold which doesn't give the player an unfair advantage (so isn't pay to win). It means that everyone is happy. Also allows for villages to be rearranged in case players give their accounts away mid-game.
    S1 - Chronos http://travian-reports.net/us/report/4025038ccb4
    IRL - Leonardo DiCaprio

Travian players are so OCD. Does it matter where your buildings are?
    Once I was Mercy and before that I was Anonymous.
    It takes a very special kind of person to lose email addresses.
    For small mercies and mHudson, be grateful.

Hugely, I'm already going to have to demolish my bakery and rebuild it, 20 days in, because my heathen of a dual built it away from the *flour* (for Meme) mill.. Who Does That!!!

i was living on fumes last night lol.
    Last edited by offspring; 28 Apr 2017 at 08:15 AM.

:o you can get flower mills now? Does that mean I can start to plant pretty gardens????

We had a discussion about this last server, and it was quite amusing to post shots of how each of us build different towns, and the outrange that some of the locations of buildings can elicit in other players! A picture of a natar-chiefed town with the MB in the wrong location would cause unbridled keyboard rage

Saying that, the CORRECT location of buildings is as follows:

UK5,1 Annoying Gaul/CDT, UK5,2 Colt Seavers/Geoffles, Au1,3 Stringfellow/AoW, Au4,2 Spirit/KGB, TKCom2 Stringfellow/xTools, UK3,8 Spirit/Resurge, UK1,10 Tauriel/Havoc
    #9 crop UK T3 WWK, first in clubbies
    Your game don't scare me, I got hit by this

The crucial deciding factor is if the village is your capital or not.
    Your village layout gives my nightmares cretin. the only buildings in the right place are the ones you have no control over!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled-2.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	481.1 KB 
ID:	6953

Of course that is assuming you've finished with the academy and forge (plus this is a Roman village), It is not your non cap hammer or going to hold arte's . Those all bring about a slightly modified design to accommodate the extra buildings

Edit: even now i've noticed the bakery and flour mill should be where the brickworks and sawmill are! its all ruined!!
    Last edited by offspring; 28 Apr 2017 at 08:45 AM.

lol, I just chiefed that town from natars yesterday
    UK5,1 Annoying Gaul/CDT, UK5,2 Colt Seavers/Geoffles, Au1,3 Stringfellow/AoW, Au4,2 Spirit/KGB, TKCom2 Stringfellow/xTools, UK3,8 Spirit/Resurge, UK1,10 Tauriel/Havoc
    #9 crop UK T3 WWK, first in clubbies
    Your game don't scare me, I got hit by this

they call me superman
    i'm here to rescue you

I have the market in the same place as offspring. It's the best slot there is for it!

If you many towns, you save a lot of time by having everything in the same place. The idea is good, even though the majority won't find it useful (I think most would rearrange a bit if it was free though.).

Implement please, and don't gold milk it.
    GTB - Eeyore, Arwen&Elrond, Rotta The Hutt, Tussi | City something - Eddard Stark| UV - New Deli, Bane| - All on ukx.
    Now playing on Maida in T-rex.

I didn't think I was OCD about this until I realised I put all the factories in the same place as Offspring, except when my dual ruins it and then I seem to naturally try to put them in the next nearest slot;

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-04-29 at 07.12.40.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	28.0 KB 
ID:	6955Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-04-29 at 07.12.56.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	26.3 KB 
ID:	6956Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-04-29 at 07.13.11.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	29.0 KB 
ID:	6957

OCD alert!!!!!Don't open spoiler tags if this will cause you offence.