Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Troop choices: discussions on attack strength, crop consumption and more

Default Troop choices: discussions on attack strength, crop consumption and more

Thread split from here.

Quote Originally Posted by Someone View Post
    why i love axes over clubs
    I never get quotes/saying like this as all...

Mace facts (using this attack as a working example too):

16590 Mace can be trained in the same time as 10k Axe - They also will cost 752.5k less in resources

Using the War Sim for the troops number for for 10k Axe vs 16590 Mace: Mace loose 19.3% vs 20.8% Axe...

Mace are faster to to build, quicker to attack and raid and can carry more resources too.

Apart from the small saving in wheat per hour, mace rule over Axe - a player building Mace will also have more attack power, as Mace produce more attack points per second than an Axe.
    Last edited by MOD *luna*; 26 Nov 2013 at 09:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by te4t0n View Post
    I never get quotes/saying like this as all...

Mace facts (using this attack as a working example too):

16590 Mace can be trained in the same time as 10k Axe - They also will cost 752.5k less in resources

Using the War Sim for the troops number for for 10k Axe vs 16590 Mace: Mace loose 19.3% vs 20.8% Axe...

Mace are faster to to build, quicker to attack and raid and can carry more resources too.

Apart from the small saving in wheat per hour, mace rule over Axe - a player building Mace will also have more attack power, as Mace produce more attack points per second than an Axe.
    I think maces gave 5% more attack power over axes in T3.6, not sure if the helmets effect that. I use axes because i like the savings in wheat more then the attack power, but maces are better for attacking.

Edit: maybe even more, but I'm far to lazy to actually calculate it.

Quote Originally Posted by PandaTime View Post
    I think maces gave 5% more attack power over axes in T3.6, not sure if the helmets effect that. I use axes because i like the savings in wheat more then the attack power, but maces are better for attacking.

Edit: maybe even more, but I'm far to lazy to actually calculate it.
    I'm sorry, but that is incorrect, in all things except wheat efficiency mace take the advantage over axe. The only place I would make an axe hammer is if i was building a WWK and know I knew I wouldn't ever swing the hammer. Not trying to bash on the players that do make axe hammers, but I think most people do it without knowing the numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve991 View Post
    I'm sorry, but that is incorrect, in all things except wheat efficiency mace take the advantage over axe. The only place I would make an axe hammer is if i was building a WWK and know I knew I wouldn't ever swing the hammer. Not trying to bash on the players that do make axe hammers, but I think most people do it without knowing the numbers.

i know the numbers. but with double crop this server id rather a axe heavy hammer

i know the numbers. but with double crop this server id rather a axe heavy hammer
    Double crop production / double crop usage = ???

If anything with the double res this server mace are an even better option with more attack power per time. Time is more of a limiting factor if you plan on breaking the hammer multiple times.

Quote Originally Posted by interestedparty11 View Post
    Double crop production / double crop usage = ???
    its a matter of preferance. and your negatives are larger.

Administrator Comment: Avi
    Please do not double post. Thank you

If anything with the double res this server mace are an even better option with more attack power per time. Time is more of a limiting factor if you plan on breaking the hammer multiple times.
    not seen many hammers bigger so time isnt a problem it would seem

its a matter of preferance. and your negatives are larger.
    A preference of if you want a stronger hammer or not...

Mrs. Fantastic

Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member Ryder's Avatar

Mace ftw everytime if playing smashy, without a doubt

Just wanted to try out this double posting thing...
    Server 2, Round 4

[00:03:57] Lou says: he is an insect why dont you squish him?

[19:14:14] Sam GJ (s5 H&B) says: What is infraction ?
    [19:14;00] Matt says: it's where mod sam kicks my ass

[21:17:55] meme says: you are almost as annoying as Niall

Quote Originally Posted by Ryder View Post
    Mace ftw everytime if playing smashy, without a doubt

Just wanted to try out this double posting thing...
    my pref is axe. dont want to be feeding another 12k crop of troops or so to = the axe damage i had

my pref is axe. dont want to be feeding another 12k crop of troops or so to = the axe damage i had
    That's just lazy

That's just lazy
    if you played with me in hate uk3 like i think you did you will know me and what im like

Cloud Strife

On a double res production server, i want the faster training maces

Me prefers different tribe all together to avoid the dilemma

Cloud Strife

In that case, EIs or ECs

Oh EIs for certain... ECs suck when it comes to raiding lol

Luna spoils the discussion sigh.... It took us long enough to have Septimus contributing again in the forums....

EDIT from Luna: I didn't mean to spoil the discussion, but neither wanted it to spoil the Best Attacks thread...hopefully this is a good compromise
    Last edited by MOD *luna*; 26 Nov 2013 at 09:53 AM.

Cloud Strife

I was away for the weekend, and I've come back to a big coursework assignment, so you'll probably continue to not see me much
    Last edited by MOD *luna*; 26 Nov 2013 at 09:52 AM.

This discussion come round so many times it is painful...

"To sum up, the Clubs hammer will cost 41% more but only produce 16% (when level 20) more attack then a Axe army, As wheat is already lacking on normal servers and the large extra cost, Clubs hammers simply arnt cost effective and shouldn't be considered, even if you did happen to have a large enough income to support a Clubs army it would be better spent on building a second Axe army"

http://forum.travian.in/showthread.php?t=7109 - all the figures are there. It is only really beneficial to have a club hammer if you intend to kill them regularly (regularly = generating 1m+ attack points in the server imo)
    A proud member of the CF leadership - Boots.

Check out if you or any of your past alliances feature in the UK Hall of Fame: All-time Statistics
    Alternatively, if you play speed servers, check out the All-time UKX Statistics
    If you have made a WWK or WWR in the past, check out the All-time WWKs and WWRs

It's valid to have the discussion again given it's a double production server tho :p

the calculations are done for both a x3 and x1 server. So the rate at which clubs are no longer cost effective vrs their upkeep is still going to be around the same point, so they still have the same weakness. And thus the choice is still the same... are you going to kill your troops regularly? or are you going to give them relative protection? I've used clubs, as I was just spamming them on Pirates with no care. For most, Axe are better.
    A proud member of the CF leadership - Boots.

Check out if you or any of your past alliances feature in the UK Hall of Fame: All-time Statistics
    Alternatively, if you play speed servers, check out the All-time UKX Statistics
    If you have made a WWK or WWR in the past, check out the All-time WWKs and WWRs