Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: T 4.2

Default T 4.2

So the brand-spanking new T4.2 server has been live less than 24hrs so far. This being many people's first time on a 4.2 server, what do we think of it? Yay or nay? How are the quests panning out?

Personally I'm not a great fan on the graphics. In particular the warehouse/granary sizes at the top seem a bit unnecessary and slightly frustrating. '40000/80000' clearly displayed worked perfectly fine for me before. I'm not sure I like the massive emphasis on gold and I reeeeeeeeaally don't like that flashing gold thing at the top - that will annoy a fair few people I imagine.

That said; we adapted to 3.6 many moons ago. A few moons later we adapted to T4. I'm sure I'll learn to put up with it eventually, at the end of the day functionality isn't impaired.

Discuss!
    "Its only when the tide goes out that you see who was swimming naked."

Banned Banned Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkery View Post
    I'm not sure I like the massive emphasis on gold and I reeeeeeeeaally don't like that flashing gold thing at the top - that will annoy a fair few people I imagine.
    Aha. Ahahahahaha. Ahahahahahahhahahahhha. Really Hawkery, you do make me chortle. If they could slap you in the face with a big gold medal every time you logged in, they would. I'm surprised they dont make you click on the medal before you can do anything. Oooops, may just have given them some hints for 5.0.

I don't see the loiality anymore shown on main page.
    On left side where they put the ally shortcuts they made for overview , but nowone checks that one . Should have been on ally profile , easy to check who is online and dot colours.
    Right side , the button that show coords is useless . You can see coords by holding the mouse coursor over the village name.
    Edit village name is useless . Not like we going to change the name of one village every hour. Should have left it on double click.
    Annoying shinny coin
    Right upper corner , the chat button takes you nowhere.
    Hero returning from adventure , but underneath his ugly face is written : " On way to coords" where they show adventure coords .
    The +25% button that is under resources production is useless . Not like someone will click that several times a day for the next 10 months.

I'll let someone else to write the good things about 4.2

Active MemberActive MemberActive Member Ghengis666's Avatar

The gold symbol twinkling away is already doing my little nut in grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Th gold button doesn't bother me :x if you have the self control to limit influence on your spending decisions it should be fine (tho possibly helped that I played a different game before that had something similar)

Asgard - at least two of the things you dismissed are very helpful for those using phones/tablets whether stuff like mouse over or double clicking is intermittent or doesn't exist "Right side , the button that show coords is useless . You can see coords by holding the mouse coursor over the village name.
    Edit village name is useless . Not like we going to change the name of one village every hour. Should have left it on double click."

And as a 'supporter' I'm not gonna complain about players being able to see when their plus or res bonus have expired more clearly - these are both really common causes of messages received - realising this themselves is much better for them.

(I'm not on s3, but played a beta version where the main thing that bothered me was the favorite links appearing on the left instead of the right)

My concerns are as follows:

1) none of the new additional links are clickable by Iphone (Well at least mine). So for example I can't click on the hero adventures button...I have to click on the hero...then adventures tab and then do the adventure that way. This might be specific to the Iphone as on T4 servers I can't see hero items for example. Maybe focus needs to be on making it more 'on the go' friendly - RELATED TO THIS I just remembered...the former 'NPC' buttons also do not work anymore on Iphone...which is massively annoying.

2) I don't like how you can't now click on your alliance name and go straight to the profile page. Many days have been spent on my behalf traversing those pages looking at activity levels and population. Of course it is possible to access this by other routes...but they are longer and more tedious.

3) I agree with the warehouse criticism - seems totally unnecessary to make that change and it all seems a lot smaller now in terms of font.

^^^ If anyone has any solutions to these problems please let me know.

As for the benefits (There are a couple)

1) Be able to see your village coords without having to hover over the village with your cursor or checking out your profile!

2) I just accidentally clicked on my iron production and it took me to a nice breakdown of my production...seems fun

There are more...overall I am undecided as to which I prefer - I suspect it is only a matter of time before we all get used to it.

Maybe u can use that link list for overview. I like how I don't have check for adventures by clicking on that button anymore.
    Last edited by Askgreat; 11 Apr 2013 at 09:04 PM.
    [9:02:20 PM] Adam - Ragnarok/UK4: what is the correct terminology for a berry?
    [9:020 PM] askgreat: berry

Quote Originally Posted by dl268 View Post
    My concerns are as follows:

1) none of the new additional links are clickable by Iphone (Well at least mine). So for example I can't click on the hero adventures button...I have to click on the hero...then adventures tab and then do the adventure that way. This might be specific to the Iphone as on T4 servers I can't see hero items for example. Maybe focus needs to be on making it more 'on the go' friendly - RELATED TO THIS I just remembered...the former 'NPC' buttons also do not work anymore on Iphone...which is massively annoying.
    **** you may have to click twice / firmly, clicking once on iOS is used for mouse over/tool tips; I can get to theses buttons using iOS/safari/iPad

2) I don't like how you can't now click on your alliance name and go straight to the profile page. Many days have been spent on my behalf traversing those pages looking at activity levels and population. Of course it is possible to access this by other routes...but they are longer and more tedious.
    ****ditto - one of the small buttons is alliance overview
    3) I agree with the warehouse criticism - seems totally unnecessary to make that change and it all seems a lot smaller now in terms of font.
    ****I think this simply falls under different things for different ppl; some like visual indicators rather than pure numbers
    ^^^ If anyone has any solutions to these problems please let me know.

As for the benefits (There are a couple)
    Edited some in with ***

Asgard - village loyalty is in the top right (have registered now)

You're entirely correct the chat button takes you nowhere - we'll investigate

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha78 View Post
    Edited some in with ***
    Thanks - I will check those out with regards the Iphone!

As for the warehouse thing, you are right. It is all personal to taste but within a few weeks we will all be used to it and cry when the next update comes out (someone else has already said this and I agree - I think it was Moog!)

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha78 View Post
    Edited some in with ***

Asgard - village loyalty is in the top right (have registered now)

You're entirely correct the chat button takes you nowhere - we'll investigate
    Thank you .
    I have only seen the loiality after i read here ... Looked carefully on page and ..

Cloud Strife

Overall, I like it. Lots of lovely information shown in coloured bars. What could be quite annoying is load times (esp. when sending attacks) and the info box which is pushing the links box further down the page.

The quests have changed things a lot - with Gauls and Romans being able to get cavalry while in BP.

They could at-least make the gold coin stop glinting when you've bought gold... to start glinting again when you're close to running out- that would at-least make sense and actually encourage you to buy the gold lol.

In a nutshell; it's pants. 3.6 to 4.0 was fine. But 4.2 is terrible.
    Last edited by wgn; 13 Apr 2013 at 10:54 PM. Reason: 2.2,E

Today I went to see Tony Law - a comedian who regulars on 8 out of ten cats. It was a joyous occasion and I had a great laugh - I am from Bath so pronounce laugh properly when reading please

However, my night was slightly ruined because after dropping from BP some players nearby decided I was a raid target. Now this is fine...it is part of the game. What isn't fine is that the new Travian updates mean I cannot NPC. Despite employing Samantha's proposals for IO6...I can confirm...on 3G with the company EE...the NPC button now does not work.

Travian - this needs investigating as a matter of urgency. I have work tomorrow damn it!! But no...seriously...lets get some data on this and try and figure it out - not being able to NPC by phone is a travesty.

dl268

Gosh, I love the way you wrote that... you haven't written any books have you?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Aslan View Post
    Gosh, I love the way you wrote that... you haven't written any books have you?
    Haha I will assume the lack of blue font means this was not sarcastic and consequently thank you

Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member MartinJames's Avatar

Today I went to see Tony Law - a comedian who regulars on 8 out of ten cats. It was a joyous occasion and I had a great laugh - I am from Bath so pronounce laugh properly when reading please

However, my night was slightly ruined because after dropping from BP some players nearby decided I was a raid target. Now this is fine...it is part of the game. What isn't fine is that the new Travian updates mean I cannot NPC. Despite employing Samantha's proposals for IO6...I can confirm...on 3G with the company EE...the NPC button now does not work.

Travian - this needs investigating as a matter of urgency. I have work tomorrow damn it!! But no...seriously...lets get some data on this and try and figure it out - not being able to NPC by phone is a travesty.

dl268
    I don't think Travian central are likely to check it out too much - with Travian not being designed for compatibility with Phones or Tablets. However I believe they are considering an App - though of course this isn't something thats confirmed to be happening, but with a bit of luck it will go ahead and we'll have an App at some point in the not too distant future.
    Mr Grumpy 2013
    Ex Player
    Ex Crew - even though my badge got taken, funnily enough for the same reason I got my forum award :x
    And now occasional commenter! - Mostly to defend my title as Mr Grumpy. I still hate you all <3

Quote Originally Posted by MartinJames View Post
    I don't think Travian central are likely to check it out too much - with Travian not being designed for compatibility with Phones or Tablets. However I believe they are considering an App - though of course this isn't something thats confirmed to be happening, but with a bit of luck it will go ahead and we'll have an App at some point in the not too distant future.
    I think I can safely say that 50% of the players who are experienced utilise smart phones in their game play in order to maximise activity. If Travian are not coy to this fact then they are not very business savvy.

Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member MartinJames's Avatar

I think I can safely say that 50% of the players who are experienced utilise smart phones in their game play in order to maximise activity. If Travian are not coy to this fact then they are not very business savvy.
    I do myself, but the game isn't designed with that in mind :p Like I say, they're considering an app. but I dont have any more info to offer than that, since i dont know anything haha.
    Mr Grumpy 2013
    Ex Player
    Ex Crew - even though my badge got taken, funnily enough for the same reason I got my forum award :x
    And now occasional commenter! - Mostly to defend my title as Mr Grumpy. I still hate you all <3

Active MemberActive MemberActive Member

what phone are you using? im on galaxy s3 and everything works fine (just tested NCP), even the fiddly stuff like the auction and map you can use.