Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Only one village?

Default Only one village?

Here is a thought I had, not that I'd do it but...

Would it be possible to be a good player if you only had one village (your capital) through out the server?

I'm not talking about winning the server, but could you get into the top 100 if you only worked on your capital?

Thoughts?

No By population it would be impossible - players will have tens of thousands of population; and you'll be limited to around 1400 (even with very high level fields and buildings)

By defence and offence points; it is more possible. Offence would be challenging.... defence might be possible if you were very very unpopular and an alliance were happy to provide you with defence troops (and even then you'd be beaten by the world wonders)

Thanks, didn't know the cap for population of a village was 1400 lool

DoctorHb Prolific Natarian MemberProlific Natarian MemberProlific Natarian MemberProlific Natarian MemberProlific Natarian Member

There isn't a cap technically - but restrictions of building levels and building slots in a village will limit the highest population you can have.

A blue-black shade of love, sent from above.
    My hands are tied, two worlds alone, and this I know.
    <3

Yeah; it varies slightly - like if you had all trappers then the population is higher than if you had useful buildings; and fields can go up to 17/18/21/22 ish depending on access to the great storage artefacts - but you'd probably never have the resource income to afford high fields. So the practical limit kicks in around 1300 - 1400 depending on exactly what buildings and fields you have

For example, these are the three highest on s1:

The largest villages
    Village Players pop Coordinates
    1. Aphrodite Hercules 1411 (66|-65)
    2. Tabitha [SW] Elphaba 1366 (-13|-2)
    3. red devils gazzagangster 1265 (71|15)

The first two are gaul non capitals (so very possibly trapper villages); the third is a roman capital.

Do people make villages completely full of trappers?

sometimes And I'm not sure completely full... main building and perhaps market place could stay (and of course warehouse and granary)

Not every village; because it doesn't leave much room for troop building etc. but one or two trapper villages can be a nice surprise for the enemy

When people attack they don't expect 4k traps ... and if the village is chiefed by a non-gaul; then it might have level 9/10 fields, but very possibly none of the factories; and look very empty inside. The population will drop a lot as well when it is chiefed because the trappers will all vanish.

intelligencer Honoured Gaul MemberHonoured Gaul MemberHonoured Gaul MemberHonoured Gaul Member james22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jagged View Post
    Do people make villages completely full of trappers?
    Gaul players in SH alliances usually fill their spawns with trappers...
    Nobility is not a birthright, it is defined by one's actions.

"Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few"

Wow, but whats the point of wasting so many resources on an entire village of trappers?

Angelic

Towards the end of ukx when we realised top gual in population was possible and rank 3 overall we decided to build trappers on all empty spaces in are villages to get that precious pop. Trappers were relatively cheap, gave 62 population each and once we built one we could fill the village with them. They are in my opinion one of the best simming buildings you can get.
    ukx4, ukx7, ukx8 & ukx10 - wgn, wgn, wgn & wgn , ukx11 - emily , ukx12 - Milkyway , ukx13 - Smelly Romans , ukx14 - Ayra & illii
    s1,7 - Raving Cabbage

Gotta' be sneaky... Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member Jakeyyy's Avatar

Wow. Imagine trying to cat down a 10000+ population village.

Good fight.

I know this is over a week late but I've just noticed this thread. I have seen this done once before. It was on uk1 about 3 years ago. I can't remember the account name, but there was a player who as a tueton (I think) started like a house on fire as most good teutons do, got a 15c incredibly early on, not in the centre but not that far out, then let there original village be captured or zeroed, and player the entire server with just the 15c. The player also choose to stay allianceless and was effectively just a nuisance on all the other big players. The pop reached about 1250 by the end, but in terms of off and def points was up in the top 20 if I remember rightly. It was rather impressive to say the least. That is the only time i've seen it done, or successfully at least and I've been playing on the UK servers for 6 years now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ginja View Post
    I know this is over a week late but I've just noticed this thread. I have seen this done once before. It was on uk1 about 3 years ago. I can't remember the account name, but there was a player who as a tueton (I think) started like a house on fire as most good teutons do, got a 15c incredibly early on, not in the centre but not that far out, then let there original village be captured or zeroed, and player the entire server with just the 15c. The player also choose to stay allianceless and was effectively just a nuisance on all the other big players. The pop reached about 1250 by the end, but in terms of off and def points was up in the top 20 if I remember rightly. It was rather impressive to say the least. That is the only time i've seen it done, or successfully at least and I've been playing on the UK servers for 6 years now.
    Not entirely

It was crazyteuton possibly? - that was true for most of the server; but he was seduced (via football banter and a prank I believe) for the end game - he joined an ally and held a wonder (hence the high def score); and I can't remember him actively attacking many experienced players before end game - but there was about 30 squares of clear space in each direction around his cap where he zero'd any new villages settled or spawned

http://cry.travianteam.com/archive.p...2_16&v=players is highlighted with his account; but it doesn't show the map

There was also a halloween prank when around 40 players all settled near in isolated village on the same night

Unless you mean cuda who only had a couple of villages who I think planned, or took at arte from a v. small base

Nah, you're right it was crazyteuton! And yeah that does sound kinda right. I don't remember too well. Taken in far too much overpaid university education since then. But it was certainly the best and only major example of a one village account I can think of.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ginja View Post
    Nah, you're right it was crazyteuton! And yeah that does sound kinda right. I don't remember too well. Taken in far too much overpaid university education since then. But it was certainly the best and only major example of a one village account I can think of.
    Yup - it was great; from memory the only other villages he had were ww support villages (which included one to hold the plans of course lol)

edit: tracked down a map showing the cleared space

Last edited by Samantha78; 15 Jan 2012 at 08:38 PM.

I remember the "ring of doom" round his spot - I've always wanted to do something like that myself but never managed

Nice! Aaaaah that was a good server

I happen to know someone on comx that had only 1 villa until just before artis were released and was in the top 10 raiders every week (FTW from Buddy can back that up).
    The way travian is going there is a swell to try and make the game fun again by doing things a bit differently.

New Poster

Village Player(s) Pop Coordinates1. 01 PE11 1574 (132|81)‎2. C 5 continents five 1573 (-154|118)‎3. 02 le-le balkan q-q-le-le 1457 (80|-49)Thats on comx

I'm gonna try an start a ring, like crazyteuton did. I've only got two people who would cause me a problem. XeBruce and namdrah. Haven't farmed them yet. Just started Uk2.
    TwoSwords, Teuton. Pop 30. More of an offensive kind of guy.
    OHHH NO I checked my reports and there was a picture of a horse. Silly me I thought it was a teutonic knight. But oh, it was Gelding.
    ga ga ga ga GAAAAAAAAAAA

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast