Thread: Helmet of Awareness + Scrolls

New Poster

Default Helmet of Awareness + Scrolls

If for example; my hero has a helmet of awareness and I used 100 scrolls, will I get 1,000 xp as usual or 1,100 because of the xp bonus from the helmet?

--Does the xp bonus from the xp bonus helmets affect scrolls?

DoctorHb Prolific Natarian MemberProlific Natarian MemberProlific Natarian MemberProlific Natarian MemberProlific Natarian Member

From what I remember when I've used scrolls, having the helm which gives you more xp equipped when using them does create more xp when using Scrolls

A blue-black shade of love, sent from above.
    My hands are tied, two worlds alone, and this I know.
    <3

New Poster

That would be nice if that's the case, realistically it should, as their descriptions would make us believe any ways.

It would explain why scrolls and those helmets sell for an obscene amount in the auction house.

That is correct, scrolls will give you more exp with the helm equipped.

New Poster

The XP helmets do not affect scrolls. I am actually disappointed. They should affect scrolls seeing as they give XP to the hero and the helmets supposedly increases all XP earnt by the hero.

I tested this with the scrolls, the helmets DO affect scrolls, it just doesn't calculate it for you on promt when using scrolls.
    Last edited by Abaddon; 12 Aug 2011 at 04:45 AM.

Angelic

omg, I've used like 300 scrolls and didn't have the helmet equipped.

New Poster

Ouch, I feel your pain. I used 50+ before I used the Helmet.

annyx

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post
    The XP helmets do not affect scrolls. I am actually disappointed. They should affect scrolls seeing as they give XP to the hero and the helmets supposedly increases all XP earnt by the hero.I tested this with the scrolls, the helmets DO affect scrolls, it just doesn't calculate it for you on promt when using scrolls.
    Nahhhh it doesn´t I just tried it with the helmet and I didn´t get more xp that the scrolls usually does.

I can assure everybody that the Helmets of Awareness / Enlightenment / Experience do give an additional 10% / 15% / 20% experience to the scrolls you are using, e.g. if you use 100 scrolls, you should be receiving 1100xp / 1150xp / 1200xp depending on the tier of the helmet. However as Abaddon pointed out, the preview before you use the scrolls does not reflect this (similarly the culture point page cannot factor in culture gained from the Helmet or unused artworks).

Like Annyx, if you don't think you have gained this 'extra' when you have used scrolls with an experience helmet equipped, this could be a glitch and you're welcome to message Support to ask them to check. It's worth noting down your total experience before and after consuming scrolls so you can be completely sure, since if you are using a low number of scrolls the % bonus can be so small you don't really notice it.

For those of you who didn't realise the helmet provided a bonus for scrolls, I'm afraid we can't retroactively compensate that, but in future make sure you do equip and consume both together, it all adds up.

Anna
    Uk1 armies: Round 2, Round 3, Round 5
    Uk2 armies: Round 2, Round 3, round 4
    Uk3 armies: Round 2
    Uk4 armies: Round 3
    Uk5 armies: Round 2, Round 3
    Uk6 armies: Round 2
    Ukx3 armies: Round 8, Round 9, Round 10, Round 11
    Ukx5 armies: Round 1

Hi sorry to resurrect an old thread. But. How to use scrolls effectively ? Is it
    1 - wear helmet
    2 - add one scroll ?

Do I do that before going into battle ? Or anytime ? Thanks for any help

Community Manager UK/US CM mhudson's Avatar

Hey Mis Framer, No problems.

You should be wearing the helmet before using the scroll to get the additional experience. You can use scrolls at any time but you are limited to how many you can use per day
    CM mhudson
    Community Manager
    Travian: Legends US/UK

128-10-93-85-10-128-98-112-6-6-25-126-39-1-68-78