Thread: Hero's and cages

Active MemberActive MemberActive Member Feenix888's Avatar

Default Hero's and cages

If i send my hero equipped with cages, on a raid to another village will he capture any nature they have and will the attack still count if i send troops as well.

My target has number of nature but not many troops, i want to capture his nature and kill his troops since from combat simulator i will lose more troops from his nature than his defence force.

On an oasis if you send a hero with cages, he will simply capture nature and come back and nothing will get killed.

T4 server (if you had not guessed already). I have read the guide and searched the forum, guide does not discuss it and the posts i found concerned oasis.

Cheers

Edit : This http://forum.travian.co.uk/showthrea....0-Items-Guide guide seems to indicate i can attack the village, can anyone confirm that?
    Last edited by Feenix888; 30 Apr 2011 at 03:53 PM. Reason: More info...
    My Alter ego is red...

DoctorHb Prolific Natarian MemberProlific Natarian MemberProlific Natarian MemberProlific Natarian MemberProlific Natarian Member

My understanding was that you could only capture Nature's troops from oasis, not other villages?

A blue-black shade of love, sent from above.
    My hands are tied, two worlds alone, and this I know.
    <3

You are probably right, reckon i will just try it and see - The guide Avi wrote (very good btw) says

"Cages must be kept in the bag of the Hero to capture the animals; no fight will take place at the oasis"
    When i read 'No fight will take place at the oasis' it kind of makes me think it will on another village, that said might just be the way i'm reading it since it does not actually say you can use cages on other users nature.

Would widen the game a little if we can.
    My Alter ego is red...

DoctorHb Prolific Natarian MemberProlific Natarian MemberProlific Natarian MemberProlific Natarian MemberProlific Natarian Member

By that she means that there will be no fight - if cages are there, it stops any fight. If cages aren't attached then a fight will go on. So basically, if you want to capture Nature's troops, equip cages and attack an oasis. There will be no fight and only the troops will be caught. None should be killed.

Apologies for not explaining this well, my mind seems to be melting a little

<3

I did understand you, i knew that attacking Oasis with troops and a hero+cages would only result in capturing nature to your cages with no fight taking place - does the same apply to attacking another users village (if you can cage nature at another users village at all).

I think you answered correctly first time round Thanks
    My Alter ego is red...

hopefully someone can clarify a few points for me. if i send maces and a hero equipped with cages to an oasis, they'll just capture nature? will they get res too? and will the hero get xp? can you lose troops? any help is much appreciated. cheers.

thurles

Quote Originally Posted by thurles View Post
    hopefully someone can clarify a few points for me. if i send maces and a hero equipped with cages to an oasis, they'll just capture nature? will they get res too? and will the hero get xp? can you lose troops? any help is much appreciated. cheers.

thurles
    When cages are equipped, no combat takes place in the oasis, even if troops are brought along. No resources will be raided either (at least I think not). So it's best to make sure you check if you have caged equipped when sending your hero out

<3

ok, thanks for that. i'll just send my hero on his own then. would be nice to have a few tigers roaming my village, if i can catch some. better than spears anyhow.

Teuton MemberTeuton Member

The very best thing to do with cages is to sell them. The silver you get (which can then be converted to gold) is more valuable than having a little zoo in your village, which will inevitably be wiped out.

The only exception to this is if you are rolling in money to buy travian gold - in which case buy lots, convert it to silver, buy lots of cages and get a really big zoo.
    The Ultimate Teuton

Does anybody know if i release animas will i get my cages back?
    It would help by releasing rats and capturing better animals next time.

Quote Originally Posted by greatKingTL View Post
    Does anybody know if i release animas will i get my cages back?
    It would help by releasing rats and capturing better animals next time.
    You will lose all the cages with the animals you release I have tried it and lost both cages and animals
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." -- Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by Second Heartbeat View Post
    When cages are equipped, no combat takes place in the oasis, even if troops are brought along. No resources will be raided either (at least I think not). So it's best to make sure you check if you have caged equipped when sending your hero out
    Its does not matter if he has cages equipped when sent, only matter when he arrives at oasis, there is no problem in sending first , then equip