Slovenia, Tolmin, Metalcamp, Right Beneath The Stage

Default [Guide] Gettertools.

Gettertools
    What, When, Why?

1. What
    2. When

1. What

http://www.gettertools.com
    is a web page made to help travian players &/or alliances. Basically it will help you with almost everything you need help with. You can use it to calculate the time needed to travel from one village to another, or to see how much troops you have in total. You can also use it to create Groups/Alliances and run them from there.

1.1 Groups
    Groups or alliance groups/alliances, will help alliance leaders/administrators of the group to find out exact online times of their alliance members, their total troop count, heroes, where exactly on map is everyone in their alliance. It will also allow them to make plans for attack or call for defense. It also allows real time communication.

1.2 Calculators

Gettertools has various useful calculators, like interception calculator, which will allow you to calculate the arrival times of you and your opponents troops, making it easier for you to kick his backside =D
    It also has Culture Points calculator, which will tell you how much points is needed for new town and how long will it take it to get there, Technology calculator, which will help you with upgrades of your troops, NPC calculator, which is very helpful for plus users, "Save Troops" Calculator, which will help you to send the troops away for the time to get them back exactly when you want them to. Path Time (TS incl.) will help you to calculate time of arrival of your troops.

1.3 Region/Inactives

It's a tool, which will find inactive or active people in your region. When you search for it, it will tell you exactly how much time a chosen troop(s) need to get there and how long that user is inactive.

1.4 Travian World

Which is basically a whole bunch of statistics about server, alliances, players, conquests, ....

1.5 Croptool
    Is a tool which will tell you everything about wheat you need to know. Say your wheat is -, it will tell you incoming transports, current wheat in granary, ...

2. When
    When to use gettertools? IMO from the start. as it is a really got way to control your troops and your alliance.
    ____________________________________________________________________________________
    i know there are typos in the text.
    more about gettertools coming soon, when i get better (kinda sick atm)

Click my signature to go to my gallery
    FAQ - Worth reading before asking

Is it permissible within the rules to use GetterTools then?

I was not aware as to the legality of using a 3rd party for inactives and crop finding.

I know it is widely used and can not be stopped, but im justwondering if it is against any travian rules. If it is not then good call we should all jump on board. However if it is then should you really be promoting it to the entire forum as a solution?

Again i only ask if it is permissible.

Quote Originally Posted by uklemond View Post
    Is it permissible within the rules to use GetterTools then?

I was not aware as to the legality of using a 3rd party for inactives and crop finding.

I know it is widely used and can not be stopped, but im justwondering if it is against any travian rules. If it is not then good call we should all jump on board. However if it is then should you really be promoting it to the entire forum as a solution?

Again i only ask if it is permissible.
    Haven't noticed it here, its allowed, unless there's whole another set of rules

Carto-geek Roman MemberRoman Member Fhuaran's Avatar

To post this as a guide, it really has to have something in it that will help people use gettertools more effectively or give solutions to common problems. I've heard some players have issues signing up with an account and joining their alliance's gettertools page so that might be a useful tutorial.

Just now it's more of a list of website functions which makes it more of an advertisement than a guide.

DoctorHb Prolific Natarian MemberProlific Natarian MemberProlific Natarian MemberProlific Natarian MemberProlific Natarian Member

I didn't know that there was a crop-finder on Gettertools (crop finders being illegal). As for the inactivity thing, the website isn't doing anything special. It is just telling you which people haven't grown very much in population over the past few days/weeks. If you didn't build anything (or anything that gives you population, it would likely count you as inactive. I'm not sure that it breaks any rules.

A blue-black shade of love, sent from above.
    My hands are tied, two worlds alone, and this I know.
    <3

Quote Originally Posted by Second Heartbeat View Post
    I didn't know that there was a crop-finder on Gettertools (crop finders being illegal). As for the inactivity thing, the website isn't doing anything special. It is just telling you which people haven't grown very much in population over the past few days/weeks. If you didn't build anything (or anything that gives you population, it would likely count you as inactive. I'm not sure that it breaks any rules.
    Crop finder as in finding a cropper or crop finder as in finding wheat?

Quote Originally Posted by Fhuaran View Post
    To post this as a guide, it really has to have something in it that will help people use gettertools more effectively or give solutions to common problems. I've heard some players have issues signing up with an account and joining their alliance's gettertools page so that might be a useful tutorial.

Just now it's more of a list of website functions which makes it more of an advertisement than a guide.
    I'll add screenshots and stuff when i get better, currently i've got 40C fever, can barely keep my eyes open lol.

DoctorHb Prolific Natarian MemberProlific Natarian MemberProlific Natarian MemberProlific Natarian MemberProlific Natarian Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rock of Ages View Post
    Finding a cropper. Apologies if I wasn't very clear.

<3

Quote Originally Posted by Second Heartbeat View Post
    Finding a cropper. Apologies if I wasn't very clear.
    its not cropper finder. it'll tell you about wheat in your (WW) village, incomes in marketplace. Make it easier to operate.

its not cropper finder. it'll tell you about wheat in your (WW) village, incomes in marketplace. Make it easier to operate.
    Well that's fine, they aren't illegal I was surprised when I thought that they were talking about a cropper finder. I'd used the website for a year and a bit but I'd never come across one

<3

There isn't a crop finder in getter tools; I'm pretty familiar with it and there is nothing I've seen that I think would breach the rules - players update their information in troop tool etc via copy and paste not a script.

I think a guide to gettertools would be really useful - my ally has a mini guide to sign up somewhere because it can feel complicated as it's two-stage. Ill add it to the to do list to dig it out unless someone else beats me

Not sure this guide ... Yet ... Is particulary useful

UK nubs need a guide on how to use GTS? Sad. But didn't expect much else, seeing as this is the forum for the UK.

You're a nub if you don't know what a crop finder is :p

Anonymous the third

Quote Originally Posted by KGB Squirrel View Post
    UK nubs need a guide on how to use GTS? Sad. But didn't expect much else, seeing as this is the forum for the UK.

Lol, you had better not admit your IGN if you are playing a UK server. You won't survive long at the rate you have been insulting us in our forum.

I think he knows exactly what a crop finder is. He was just distinguishing between a crop finder (which is illegal) and the crop supply tool on gettertools, as any "nub" would know.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous the third View Post
    Lol, you had better not admit your IGN if you are playing a UK server. You won't survive long at the rate you have been insulting us in our forum.
    now threatening people ingame due to forum posts IS illegal...
    cogito ergo cata

Warning - irritant!

Epic MemberEpic MemberEpic MemberEpic MemberEpic MemberEpic Member Amalgon's Avatar

Yea, the UK is so nubish that you have to hide your in game name from us 'nubs', what does that make you?

Anonymous the third

Quote Originally Posted by MouthOfTGR View Post
    now threatening people ingame due to forum posts IS illegal...
    But fun...

Spammer-in-chief Prolific Gaul MemberProlific Gaul MemberProlific Gaul MemberProlific Gaul MemberProlific Gaul Member Mouse-Keyboard's Avatar
    Somerset ~ Unrelated advert: Click my sig pic!

Coming from a domain with a stickied guide on putting medals into profiles?
    Join WvV Round 17:  Students versus Teachers!
    Read the colour of the words (not the words). Blue Red Orange Green Black Red Red Gray Purple Blue
    It's easy to fake battle reports - Count! - Steal a hill! - Do stuff! - Eat!

Default Gettertools - Troop Tool

I wrote these guides for the alliance I am in:

Leaving a Group (Alliance) - https://docs.google.com/document/pub...FYPRv5f--K9TKM

Joining a Group (Alliance) - https://docs.google.com/document/pub...r2dYvalYMskWmA

Creating a New Account - https://docs.google.com/document/pub...bJ0Uku0pEFXiSk

Updating Troops - https://docs.google.com/document/pub...jiQVFt9F5iXObc

babyevanrude

How do you create battle plans in GT? I see defensive tables and defensive coordination. Where can you create the attack plans?