Thread: Table of Contents

Peace ☮ Love ♥ Rawr Prolific Teuton MemberProlific Teuton MemberProlific Teuton MemberProlific Teuton MemberProlific Teuton Member Cryos's Avatar

Default Table of Contents

Forum Table of Contents

Forum:
    mhudson Forum Guide - A guide to this wonderful forum
    D'artagnan IRC Guide - Learn and enjoy IRC
    Avisí Guide to making guides
    - Read this before making a guide

Game Play:
    Demon 6sí General guide to Travian- Overview on Travian game play
    Crimson Wolf's guide to Alliance Culture
    - Let's all get along shall we?
    ImproAnksí Guide to using the trapper effectively
    - Using the Gual trapper to your advantage
    -_-sí Mini attacking guide [Mini is in massive sarcastic quote]
    - Good attacking guide
    mrl the bestsí Guide to getting started
    - Getting started with Travian
    Avisí Guide to alliance Creation
    - Very thorough guide on alliance creation
    Stargates Anti-Farming Guide
    - Being farmed? You gotta check out this guide!
    Wodens Beginners Guide to Travian! - The original Travian guides for Beginners

Moving to T4:
    Meme's T4 Blog A great blog from someone exploring the depths of T4 and giving us some good feedback.
    Avis T4 Item Guide
    Avi gives us the ins and outs of the items found on T4
    Mhudsons T4 Quest Guide
    Mhudson tells us all about the different quests found on a T4 server (What he is doing out of the IRC rooms is unbeknownst to me)
    Tribe Specific:
    El Ryano defensive Gaul Guide - Gaul Guide
    CupCakes Gaul guide
    - Gaul Guide

Nailzz's Teuton Guide - Super Awesome Teuton Guide
    Touchedsí relaxed Teuton guide
    - Relaxed Teuton Guide

Albion91sí Clever Roman Guide - For Classic T2.5
    - Classic Roman Guide
    Randolfs relaxed Roman Guide
    - Relaxed Roman guide
    Dark Alcaina Guide to starting a Roman
    Village - How to start a Roman Village

Endgame:
    Falling Walls' - The Beginners guide to endgame - Useful starter information about Natars and the WW race.
    Mechanics:
    angLs' Anvil Productions- Defensive Numbers
    ElementalGoDz Clubs Vs. Axes- Some math done determining which troops is better (For X Servers)
    Mr. Midnights Unit Comparison Faq - Efficiency charts for all tribes

Changelog:
    Avi's Guide to T3.6 -Description of the T3.6 Features
    Aviís Artfact Guide
    - Artefact overview guide

External Tool Sites:
    Your Travian Bible[TravFaq]- Everything you need to know about the game
    Kirilloid - Perhaps the best combat simulator there is.
    World Analyzer - My favorite Analyzer for playing and finding inactive farms
    Travian Dictionary - Player submitted dictionary of terms for your everyday Trav game
    Report Converter
    - Report converter so you can post your reports in the forums

User Run Sites:
    Oggs Blog Ogg from the AU forums blog
    TravianDump A User run blog site
    Last edited by Cryos; 21 Mar 2011 at 07:18 PM. Reason: I was bored and wanted some color

The official James Bond Honoured Roman MemberHonoured Roman MemberHonoured Roman MemberHonoured Roman Member jamesb's Avatar

Looks quite good however could you leave spaces between the name of the guides? Apart from that I thik it is great ad it helps you to find the most importat guides!
    Last edited by jamesb; 01 Nov 2010 at 08:14 PM.

Perhaps have bullet points before each point, but otherwise it looks great, thanks!

Carto-geek Roman MemberRoman Member Fhuaran's Avatar

This seems surplus to requirement - since an overview of the available proposed (and approved) guides is available simply by clicking the relevant forums, all this seems to add is your personal preference which is of course subjective. Any guides of particular significance are surely already in the main guides section anyway. However, the list seems decent enough in itself, a few grammatical errors aside. After the accusations of plagiarism against the Clubs vs Axes thread I'm not sure that should be included in your list until it's been resolved.

Peace ☮ Love ♥ Rawr Prolific Teuton MemberProlific Teuton MemberProlific Teuton MemberProlific Teuton MemberProlific Teuton Member Cryos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fhuaran View Post
    This seems surplus to requirement - since an overview of the available proposed (and approved) guides is available simply by clicking the relevant forums, all this seems to add is your personal preference which is of course subjective. Any guides of particular significance are surely already in the main guides section anyway. However, the list seems decent enough in itself, a few grammatical errors aside. After the accusations of plagiarism against the Clubs vs Axes thread I'm not sure that should be included in your list until it's been resolved.
    I believe the original poster is the one who wrote it based on threads on previous domains. I have no doubt he is the maker of that thread.

If I am wrong then I will admit it then.

The table of contents imo is the find things quicker because everything is organized by category etc, any noobs(and newbs) looking around could see the ToC and the guides worthy of being on there.

Hmm. . .not really personal preference. I just read the guides and see how people react to them and post the ones that seem post worthy.

If you have guides that should be taken out and a different one put in, by all means just say so

Alright, this is my first copy of the Table of Contents (To be changed)

I will add/remove things as needed, and atm I am considering some formatting changes

ElementalGoDz

Would you mind if I gave you a few extra links?

By all means go ahead

Warning - irritant!

Epic MemberEpic MemberEpic MemberEpic MemberEpic MemberEpic Member Purplejelly86's Avatar

May seem silly to others, but the one guide is on the Us forums isn't it? Which would require everyone who wanted to see it to sign up, seems sort of awkward. Perhaps instead you could ask the person who created it to come over here and post it so that you can link to that one instead?

Quote Originally Posted by Amalgon View Post
    May seem silly to others, but the one guide is on the Us forums isn't it? Which would require everyone who wanted to see it to sign up, seems sort of awkward. Perhaps instead you could ask the person who created it to come over here and post it so that you can link to that one instead?
    The point of writing this one is to use good guides made by UK forum goers. And I believe a handful of those guides on from the .US forum also require you to sign up to see them as well.

Besides I think Wren is busy enough over on the .US forums to post here.

Warning - irritant!

Epic MemberEpic MemberEpic MemberEpic MemberEpic MemberEpic Member Purplejelly86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beka View Post
    The point of writing this one is to use good guides made by UK forum goers. And I believe a handful of those guides on from the .US forum also require you to sign up to see them as well.

Besides I think Wren is busy enough over on the .US forums to post here.
    I don't think your understanding what I mean..

I don't know about others, but when i clicked on the one to the US i didn't bother signing up or looking, which will put people off, so wouldn't this guide be better if people can access the guides you show us without having to sign up? its not like it takes them a load of effort to post it here, just got to quote their message and paste it without the quote marks..

Quote Originally Posted by Amalgon View Post
    I don't think your understanding what I mean..

I don't know about others, but when i clicked on the one to the US i didn't bother signing up or looking, which will put people off, so wouldn't this guide be better if people can access the guides you show us without having to sign up? its not like it takes them a load of effort to post it here, just got to quote their message and paste it without the quote marks..
    Ahh sorry I see what you mean. . . .

It's not that simple. To post someone elses guide you need to go and ask them if its ok to do so first.

I thought that Travian guides were the ones that you didn't have to sign up for to see. I guess I was wrong. . .

Well I'll go see what I can do to change the .US based guides then

Warning - irritant!

Quote Originally Posted by Beka View Post
    Ahh sorry I see what you mean. . . .

It's not that simple. To post someone elses guide you need to go and ask them if its ok to do so first.

I thought that Travian guides were the ones that you didn't have to sign up for to see. I guess I was wrong. . .

Well I'll go see what I can do to change the .US based guides then

Yea that's what I'm getting at

Just ask them to post it themselves on here? Can't see what harm it would cause them really.

ElementalGoDz

You havn't updated this regularly, have you?

Not yet, I'm waiting for some good material

ElementalGoDz

Avi's Embassy Guide, my Raiding Guide, also add a section saying signature guides and add all the Sig Guides, mine and dragon's same second attacks. There is loads

Quote Originally Posted by ElementalGoDz View Post
    Avi's Embassy Guide, my Raiding Guide, also add a section saying signature guides and add all the Sig Guides, mine and dragon's same second attacks. There is loads
    No, sig guides. The ToC is mostly for game needs >.<

I am updating the table of contents to include other forum areas to try to get peoples interest in them. I will be adding links to CW and the gallery and hopefully we can draw more people in.

Also I will be slowly adding worthwhile user run blogs from all domain that I can find to extend peoples horizons. If you have one PM me and I will see if it is worth extending. But more from users never hurts anyone.