Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Same Second Attacks: How do I do them?

Download k-Meleon, think omega works too
    THE
    NOTORIOUS
    CRUNCHIE

Senior Teuton MemberSenior Teuton MemberSenior Teuton Member Elisa's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mercedes View Post
    Does anyone have an up to date foolproof method? I know it's hardcoded at a maximum four now and tried doing the control/tab method to scroll through but found it really awkward, especially on a Mac keyboard.

My waves are currently embarrassing me
    Some of the Mac OS have some built-in issues with wave sending - if I remember correctly it "helpfully" delays so that form submission only sends once a second, and overriding it requires some dabbling in hidden OS settings. If this is what's going on for you no matter how fast you manage to control-tab, hopefully someone who's corrected it pipes up on how to override that delay.

Since some of its recent updates, Firefox has a dog-horrible delay going on between tabs rendering it almost impossible to use. K-meleon has a problem in that if you already have Firefox installed it uses Firefox innards (at least on PC) which can mean that you end up with the same issue. To fix it and use that combo you need to remove all traces of both browsers on the system, then install an older version and disable updates. On PC that means cleaning all traces from the Registry, something I'm loathe to support because it carries a bit of a "danger danger will robinson" caveat.

There are a lot of recommendations to use old browsers to do wave sending. Because disabling updates renders the browser insecure if you go down that route then I personally would then not use that browser for any other websites than Travian.

I use Cometbird on PC which works out of the box and behaves like oldschool Firefox - ie, when you refresh all tabs you can simply hold down the enter key and it moves through the tabs one by one. Since I moved to Windows 10, I'm limited to about 8 tabs before it misbehaves, but it's still better than the control-tab method imo. It still requires disabling updates so that it doesn't "helpfully" update. If you can get this installed on Mac it might work for you.

Thanks Crunchie, I tried K-Meleon before years ago but forgot it was still an option. Would you mind giving an explanation of how to use it? It's been a couple of years and I'm a bit rusty!

I haven't heard of Cometbird before so will take a look.

And thank you for the very technical answer Elisa, but I don't think my new Mac has the issues you suggested as I did manage to get three waves in one second, just found it clunky using the control tab method. That may have been the case on older Macs. I do remember a post from MOD Sam when she was here about how to solve those issues if anyone else has them. Found the post here http://forum.travian.co.uk/showthrea...=1#post1344492

Edit: Looked at Cometbird and see it only works with Windows like K-Meleon so will give both a try on my Dell when I can be bothered to get it up and running
    Last edited by Mercedes; 17 Feb 2017 at 04:02 PM. Reason: Tidying up and adding relevant bits
    Once I was Mercy and before that I was Anonymous.
    It takes a very special kind of person to lose email addresses.
    For small mercies and mHudson, be grateful.

Senior Teuton MemberSenior Teuton MemberSenior Teuton Member Elisa's Avatar

Yeah I'm not a Mac expert at all but it was one of the newer OS that introduced the issue. If you got three in a second already, looks like you're not affected. With the control-tab method you can also try sending 7 and cancel the three that don't land same second (might be an option for you if you're not in the mood to switch computers every time you send fakes).

As for K-meleon on Windows, you should only need to make the menu bar show up and from there you'd probably be able to find the menu options you need, I think they're the same as Firefox ("work offline" etc). http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?1,130070

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123