Spying plays a main role in almost every travian server. Nearly every big meta will have one or two spies feeding information in, or out. Many players will tell you, spying is part of the game. A lot of spys get punished by the multihunter for breaking rules*. So heres a guide showing you how to spy and stay within the rules of the game whilst not getting caught.
Section 1: The beginning
Unless your a spy for the majority of every server you play, you probably start spying after getting friendly with an enemy alliance leader. Now, sooner or later the alliance your in will find out they have a spy, so you will need to be the last person they suspect. You can do this in a number of ways, I suggest you try to do all of the following:
1. Get one of your leaders to be a permanent sitter for you. This means he/she has eyes in your account, therefore they will trust you completely.
2. Establish a method of communication outside of travian with the person you spy for. This means you will be able to talk to your associate freely.**
3. Work your way up the chain, get yourself a position in the alliance, once you get that position, work as hard as you can to fulfill its requirements.***
4. Dont change, If an alliance leader notices a change in behaviour, they may become suspicious.
5. Become a sitter for 2 player in your alliance, an old trick to catch spies is to send a fake MM to one player, see if the enemy alliance react, and then grind the spies into the ground.****
Now your well on your way to never being caught!
*for example:spys have been banned for sabotage, breaking sitter rules, and sometimes multi-accounting
**If you dont want to do this, i recommend setting your associate as your sitter, you'll never have to communicate with them much this way
***I suggest Diplomatic officer or something like that. very easy job
****Try not to tell the alliance leaders this, if they know who you sit for, they could send fakes MM's to them aswell