Thread: how to catch spies in your alliance

Gaul MemberGaul Member st jimmy 73's Avatar

Default how to catch spies in your alliance

How would you catch a spy in your alliance? What method would you use?
    Click here and sign up for travian

Quote Originally Posted by krull View Post
    I have to say that's a bit rich coming from someone with the ethics of Idi Amin, the morals of a Labour cabinet minister and the grasp on reality of Comical Ali.
    Trying to catch a spy? read this

Want to try spying? read this

Well if you knew there was a spy but didnt know who and the alliance leader that the spy is working for shows you evidence they do have a spy then here is what i tend to do .

Send a message to every alliance member titled 'MM - important' or something like that with information that will need to be passed on (like an attack on the alliance ) , but when sending it , send then individually to each member with a unique difference.

once done , challenge the leader the spy works for and say they have no proof , when they copy and paste the MM you 'just sent' you can see who it is sending the information across

hope it helped

Gaul MemberGaul Member st jimmy 73's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jamie the slaye View Post
    Well if you knew there was a spy but didnt know who and the alliance leader that the spy is working for shows you evidence they do have a spy then here is what i tend to do .

Send a message to every alliance member titled 'MM - important' or something like that with information that will need to be passed on (like an attack on the alliance ) , but when sending it , send then individually to each member with a unique difference.

once done , challenge the leader the spy works for and say they have no proof , when they copy and paste the MM you 'just sent' you can see who it is sending the information across

hope it helped
    Yes i thought of that, but the alliance members do talk to each other so will sense something is up...
    Click here and sign up for travian

Quote Originally Posted by krull View Post
    I have to say that's a bit rich coming from someone with the ethics of Idi Amin, the morals of a Labour cabinet minister and the grasp on reality of Comical Ali.
    Trying to catch a spy? read this

Want to try spying? read this

hmm,

this idea will take up alot of time and effort..
    In most alliances everyone gets to know each other..

The leader could make friends which each people make them feel unique and then just 'Pretend' to share some 'serect' info which each player..
    and then see which piece of info was leaked :o

But in you telling them serectly, they will heopfuly not tell other Teammates.. this will also tell you not who to trust lol xD
    beware i cba doing all that work, it would take a lonnnnnggg time!

-------------
    i just thought the True members might feel backstabbed if they found out what has been done, tell em it was to rid of a spy (once you got rid of him/her)

leave the alliance if you dont talk to each other

Active MemberActive MemberActive Member mrpanky's Avatar

try checking travian world analyzer to see their previous alliances ect, ones that you arent friendly with look at the methods above and try to catch them out, of course it might not be either.
    Join WvV Round 18 here
    LINK TO SIGN UP THREAD IS HERE

Quote Originally Posted by jamie the slaye View Post

hope it helped
    could someone explain this again, I really couldnt understand what was going on
    Register on the COM server here:
    http://www.travian.us/?uc=us1_13330
    Join it for a bigger and better experience!!

false targets. MM the whole alliance asking them all to fake someone and that real attacks have been organised and are on there way. you then scout the target and if they're got a ridiculous amount of defence then you know you've got a spy.

next bit is set each individual person/account that you suspect of being a spy a specific target from the alliance that is spying. ie. zero a village or crop lock or something like that. usually the spy probably wont do this as well why would they attack there own alliance.

ermm if all else fails. just quit and hurl insults about before you go