To settle a new village you need :

1) Three Settlers (see below)
    2) Somewhere to settle
    3) Enough Culture Points (see below)
    4) 750 of each resource

Simple

Settler Creation

Right, to build settlers you need the following :

Either a level 10 Residence or a level 10 Palace. A palace can build 3 settlers at 10, 15 and 20. A residence can build 3 settlers at 10 and 20.

You also need a lot of resources. See the in game manual for your tribes settler costs.

Culture Points

These are points your village generates everyday. You need a certain amount for each village. Your current total and what you need for another village can be found within your residence, under culture points funnily enough. I'm assuming this is your 1st village which is 2000 culture points. You get a certain amount of culture points for each building per day. See here for details on what building gives wheat CP. Exact details can be found here.

Protecting and Raiding with settlers

Protecting settlers is one hard job in my opinion. The best way is to make friends with a gaul in your area, ask him to build 10 traps and then send your settler with 3 other troops. I'd send 3 just in case a wall kills them. Better safe than sorry and heck your settler needs company. To send to a gaul's traps, send a raid and they'll be traps. For the 3 troops I'd advise either Maces, Swordsmen or Imperians.

Note : No-one can kill a troop within a trap ! More information or traps can be found here and here.

However you can also raid with them. This works too but is a risk as they might die. Settlers can carry 3000 resources each though, so you may think it is worth it.

Actually Moving

When you come to move you must firstly pick out a field to move to. I would advise somewhere within your 7x7 if possible. Also for your first village I'd say try and find a field with 5 wood for teutons, 5 clay for gauls and 5 iron for romans. This is due to the fact the said tribes all use more of that resource. For your second I'd always go for a 15 cropper. This a field with 15 wheat fields. There are more detailed guides for fields. One of these is here.

To settle you must send your 3 settlers with 750 of each resource. When arrived I'd start by using all your resources on wheat fields. Then I'd transport 800 of each resource from your first village and build everything to level 1. After that I'd build marketplace, rally point and a warehouse and granary. Then just carry on building fields.

Sorry if I've missed anything and leave it here and I'll add it in.

Jack

Good Guide
    Would be better with some pictures though :]

T
    |Start a new UK server by clicking on this link!|
    |Or click this link! |

Please click on it! Otherwise troops will starve!

Quote Originally Posted by FlashBack View Post
    CanZ I hAz YoUR GolDzOR PloX?!?

I HAz TrIeD Ma VErY BesT 2 WrITe dIS iN fUll EngLiSH 4 YouZ!

why have you just asked yourself a question and then answered it in the same message?? what do you think the manual is for??
    :smod:

It's 500 CPs for a first village on speed. Also a few gramatical issues but it's detailed and informative.

I'm a newish player and am about to look at settling my 1st satellite village. Have looked at your guide and still have the following questions unanswered. Hope you don't mind... my comments/questions in red - apologies if these are Noob questions (there's a reason for that! )

How do I settle a new village?

Pre-requisites

To settle a new village you need :

1) Three Settlers (see below) (you also say that each settler needs three troops for company)
    2) Somewhere to settle could you give some advice on what you should look for when choosing a new tile to settle eg close by or far away? close to others for quick trade, close to other Alliance members (if you're in one) for quick help if you need it?
    3) Enough Culture Points (you mention this below but it might be an idea to include in this 'checklist'?)
    4)I think I read somewhere that your settlers also need to have minimum levels of resources (700 of each?) to take with them when settling?
    Simple

Settler Creation

Right, to build settlers you need the following :

Either a level 10 Residence or a level 10 Palace. A palace can build 3 settlers at levels 10, 15 and 20. A residence can build 3 settlers at levels10 and 20.

You also need a lot of resources to create each settler. The resource combinations differ for each tribe. See the in game manual for your tribe's settler costs.

Culture Points

These are points your village generates everyday. You need a certain amount for each additional village you wish to create. Your current total and what you need for another village can be found within your residence, under culture points funnily enough. I'm assuming this is your 1st village which is 2000 culture points. (Can you say here how you can increase your culture points to the level needed?)

Protecting and Raiding with settlers

Protecting settlers is one hard job in my opinion. The best way is to make friends with a gaul in your area, ask him to build 10 traps and then send your settler with 3 other troops (Heck your settler needs company). (Do you need to raid/reinforce/attack? also what type of troops should you send)

However you can also raid with them. This works too but is a risk as they might die. Settlers can carry 3000 resources each though, so you may think it is worth it.

If your settlers are trapped by your friendly Gaul and are then released - do they have to return to the village they were created before they can be sent out to settle

Are trapped settlers in danger of being killed if the Gaul is attacked by someone else while they are trapped?

Sorry if I've missed anything and leave it here and I'll add it in.Hope these comments are helpful? AndyB

Do not use red text please - This is a moderator only color!
    - ToySoldier

They need 750 of each resource.

Will add in now

jimmy boy

Cheers for the help

I'm about to try my first ever new village. Presumably I will need to clear out all the natures troops before I send my 3 settlers in?

Tullia

Quote Originally Posted by Becky View Post
    I'm about to try my first ever new village. Presumably I will need to clear out all the natures troops before I send my 3 settlers in?
    eep! Be careful!

That's not a village, that's an oasis.

On the map there are two types of unoccupied squares:

Unoccupied valley #1 - plain green on the map. You can settle here. No troops, natural or otherwise. When you click on it the close up will look like the "fields" view of your own village, more or less.

Unoccupied valley #2 - different images on the map; wheat/clay/iron/forest or combination of the two. These are oases, have nature's troops in them, and can't be settled. You can attach them to an existing village vie the hero's mansion.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Tullia View Post
    eep! Be careful!

That's not a village, that's an oasis.

On the map there are two types of unoccupied squares:

Unoccupied valley #1 - plain green on the map. You can settle here. No troops, natural or otherwise. When you click on it the close up will look like the "fields" view of your own village, more or less.

Unoccupied valley #2 - different images on the map; wheat/clay/iron/forest or combination of the two. These are oases, have nature's troops in them, and can't be settled. You can attach them to an existing village vie the hero's mansion.
    Great. Thanks a lot.
    Last edited by Becky; 18 Jun 2009 at 02:23 PM. Reason: Spelling error

Good guide for the new people