Thread: imprisoned troops

Default imprisoned troops

Some of my troops have been imprisoned. I sent a 2nd attack and didn't lose any further troops but I don't see my imprisoned troops released. Do I have to wait until my troops get back to my village?

Senior Roman MemberSenior Roman MemberSenior Roman Member durracell's Avatar

when you want to free troops you need to send an attack instead of a raid
    in the report it would say something like

Attacker heres one i made earlier
    Units 34 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
    Casualties 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
    Info You freed 10 of your own units
    Bounty 60 60 61 21

Defender i'm sorry from the village won't happen again
    Units 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
    Casualties 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrothead View Post
    Durracell. Master of Intelligent Posting.
    Quote Originally Posted by addyman View Post
    lol - Whisky Tango Foxtrot did you do to upset them?
    secret of flying aim at the ground

AND MISS

Many thanks for that.

Did you send a raid or a normal attack? They will only be freed in a normal attack.

I make signatures! Click my sig to get one. Include any details you want in it!

As Gaul's are the only race with the trapper its a good idea to send an attack rather than a raid in the first instance providing you know the defender doesn't have a large garrison waiting for you, you may take a few more casualties than you would in a raid but you eliminate the issue of getting hit by the trapper,

Getting hit by a trapper leaves you with 3 options,

1. Negotiating for the release of the troops with the player (Which can be bothersome to say the least)
    2. Sending an attack to release the troops (Which can mean causalities if reinforcements are sent to the defenders village)
    3. Leave the troops there in the traps and maybe at some point hit the defender again to release them or wait for them to be released without negotiation

It can be tricky business but if you make the right move first time around you shouldn't suffer for it, also trappers in my experience as a Gaul become redundant as the game goes on as 200 trapped troops out of a large army is hardly scratching the surface in most cases, I think they are increasing it up to 400 in T3.5 but in the later stages of a game its still a useless facility in my opinion.

The main thing to watch out for is going to collect trapped troops with your army or a small squad and meeting a massive defence which in most cases will equal death... Which is obviously a hefty price to pay for releasing a couple of hundred troops...?

Basically the safest option is to leave trapped troops if you can afford to!