Page 1657 of 1657 FirstFirst ... 6571157155716071647165516561657
Results 33,121 to 33,134 of 33134

Thread: Count to 1,000,000 (and back)

Angelic

Slugs in your salad every once in a while is a good sign. Shows how fresh the product is and how low pesticide residue/use is. The innuendos made me giggle.

I didn't really appreciate Logan as much as I should have at the time of watching, but it was a slow burner that after thinking about it made me realise how much I enjoyed the film. Similar to Rogue One. I went expecting something different and only after rewatching it did I realise its epic ness. As for popcorn, always sweet!

@ MK I went swimming again too after a long break. Did 6 lengths and was breathing like I'd run a marathon.

Really need to make more effort to exercise. Was 12s 6lb in July and am now 13s8lb. Lots of yoyo-ing on my withings graph.

@ LR. I haven't actually had much of a chance to fly the drone. Just looked at one of the batteries and I've only charged it 11 times. Not sure what they've done since I last posted pictures on the forum but I can't get it to work so here is the link - http://imgur.com/a/vcn5g . The first image is us plowing a field back in March that was to be drilled with combining peas. In the second image you can see the same field of peas in the bottom of the image (with some poor emergence in the heavy patches) and that picture was taken yesterday. It gives a good view of part of the farm with peas, wheat, potatoes, barley and oilseed rape all in the image. Some of the lighter looking patches in the wheat (second field from bottom) is actually a hard to control weed called sterile brome.

Visited my cousin in London last weekend and went to the rugby sevens. She forced me to wear fancy dress and then a group of 70 of us all dressed in togas watched the rugby in one block before going out after. It was a brilliant break from the countryside. Reminded me of my Newcastle Uni days (especially with the amount everyone drank).

Hope everyone is well. What did everyone get up to for their bank holiday?

Last edited by wgn; 31 May 2017 at 08:52 PM.
    ukx4, ukx7, ukx8 & ukx10 - wgn, wgn, wgn & wgn , ukx11 - emily , ukx12 - Milkyway , ukx13 - Smelly Romans , ukx14 - Ayra & illii
    s1,7 - Raving Cabbage

33122...ladies

...ladies
    Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member laughing ram's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wgn View Post
    Really need to make more effort to exercise. Was 12s 6lb in July and am now 13s8lb. Lots of yoyo-ing on my withings graph.
    I also need to get back into exercise and eating goodly.
    I'm currently at around 82-83kg. Which is apparently roughly equivalent to 13 fairly big stones.

Doesn't tilling the land to addle some brass bring the added effect of exercise and mystical farmer strength?
    @ LR. I haven't actually had much of a chance to fly the drone. Just looked at one of the batteries and I've only charged it 11 times. Not sure what they've done since I last posted pictures on the forum but I can't get it to work so here is the link - http://imgur.com/a/vcn5g . The first image is us plowing a field back in March that was to be drilled with combining peas. In the second image you can see the same field of peas in the bottom of the image (with some poor emergence in the heavy patches) and that picture was taken yesterday. It gives a good view of part of the farm with peas, wheat, potatoes, barley and oilseed rape all in the image. Some of the lighter looking patches in the wheat (second field from bottom) is actually a hard to control weed called sterile brome.
    That's pretty dope. The first pic is more compositionally interesting or whatever, but the second picture is rad - that drone gets some serious height. Odd that the pictures are 4x3, though.
    I presume brome is essentially the same as wheat so it's hard to treat?

Hope everyone is well. What did everyone get up to for their bank holiday?
    Had a lovely bank holiday, ta. Went to the tall ships festival in the glos. docks. Which was... A thing. It wasn't exactly worth writing home about, but I had a great time as I essentially used it as an excuse to hang out with the girl I'm seeing. As I say, the event itself though was just kinda odd. Like a small fayre, with local acts, such as a ukulele troop as well as wakebording and jetskis and musket firing and people dressed in full pirate gear walking about like it's the thing to do. It was strange. I can't say I would have enjoyed it by myself, I'll put it that way. Good excuse for day drinking though.

However, day drinking turned to night drinking, so I spent the bank holiday Monday itself hungover to heck.

33123...ladies
    EEIZE

-----
    Member of WGN ^_^ (but i only help newbs, rarely n00bs)
    -----
    I Have a BAN PLACEMENT CARD, Hooray!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse-Keyboard View Post
    If it makes it any better it was a tiny slug.
    More chance you'd miss it... Come to think of it, I had lettuce on my sandwiches today

Quote Originally Posted by laughing ram View Post
    I'm currently at around 82-83kg. Which is apparently roughly equivalent to 13 fairly big stones.
    Years ago I weighed 8 stone 10, but given my height it was a rather scrawny though I'm now 11 stone which is good news. Haven't managed to nudge past 11 the past few weeks, probably all the walking I'm doing with work. Annoyingly though the last half a stone has all gone to my belly.

And the drone images look really cool - the clarity is super good I had a play with a drone at Grand Designs live. Not sure what I expected but it looked pretty flimsy. What are they like when up against some winds?

"It’s only when the tide goes out that you see who was swimming naked."

#MakeTravianGreatAgain #MTGA

Angelic

@LR. I guess lugging around bails, equipment, irrigations and the like build muscle but I always find the harder I'm working the larger my appetite. Its common to see lots of strength but a pot belly. Or is that beer belly. Brome is a grass weed yes so not many control options when found in wheat and its resistant to most chemistry. Any 'effective' treatment is expensive and not guaranteed to give full control. None chemical control mixed with chemical if needed is what we try to do but even if populations are reduced the weed still finds it way back into the field one way or another.

I wish I could have had more interesting pictures with something going on but when theres work to be done on the farm I'm generally the one most busy. I got the one of the plow just as he reached the end of the field there and stopped for his break so couldn't get anymore. Not sure why the ratio goes like that but whenever I go to photo mode it narrows it up. I could screen grab from the 4k video for a full size one but you can sometimes find the image is blurred.

@H. This one is taken by the dji mavic pro. Its small enough that it fits in your coat pocket when folded and is very light. In regular mode it flies around 20-22mph & in sport mode I've had it up to 45mph. It seems to handle the wind pretty well for its size and the gps holds it in place even when its blowing. I showed it off to someone once when it was blowing about 20mph. Flew it with the wind to show them the range (only went 500m away *promise*) and then started the crawl back. Flying into the wind on return it was going 0-2mph and even at one point seemed to almost go backwards. It got scary when I lost signal for a second and thought I'd never see it again but I managed to flick it into sports mode and it flew back at 15mph into a 20-22mph headwind.

I know I shouldn't moan when the idea of owning a drone (that records 4k, goes 40mph and has a range of 7km), 5 years ago would have been crazy but the camera does leave a bit to be desired. I would have been happier with a phantom 4 pro but I compromised for the portability of the mavic so I could have it with me around the farm. It just means the colours can mush together a bit if there is a lot going on in the image. Another thing is all the youtube guides say you should record in d-log and colour correct in post but every time I've tried that I've butchered the image. More likely to be my fcpx skills suck but I read people say mavic struggles with too much compression?!

Hope I made sense here as I tend to ramble. Was up 03:30 for a 04:00 start and my brains reached that stage where its on auto pilot.
    Last edited by wgn; 31 May 2017 at 08:50 PM.
    ukx4, ukx7, ukx8 & ukx10 - wgn, wgn, wgn & wgn , ukx11 - emily , ukx12 - Milkyway , ukx13 - Smelly Romans , ukx14 - Ayra & illii
    s1,7 - Raving Cabbage

Spammer-in-chief Prolific Gaul MemberProlific Gaul MemberProlific Gaul MemberProlific Gaul MemberProlific Gaul Member Mouse-Keyboard's Avatar

Last time I checked (quite a while ago) I was around 55kg, which is roughly equivalent to a small feather.

33,126 - EEIZG ...aldies

I finally finished exams today.
    Join WvV Round 17:  Students versus Teachers!
    Read the colour of the words (not the words). Blue Red Orange Green Black Red Red Gray Purple Blue
    Count! - Steal a hill! - Do stuff! - Eat!

...ladies
    Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member laughing ram's Avatar

I always find the harder I'm working the larger my appetite. Its common to see lots of strength but a pot belly. Or is that beer belly.
    That makes a lot of sense.
    It's basically part of why people struggle with loosing weight when they go exercise heavy, not diet heavy. Humans are really efficient and don't really burn many calories working out. It's important for fitness and strength and for looking super buff in the buff, but for weight loss it has drawbacks... BUT NOT ANY MORE WITH MY PATENTED... Sorry, I felt like a marketer there for a second.

[SUPER FAST DRONES AND DODGY PIXELS]
    Dude, that drone is super fast.

Seems very odd to be that it shoots photos at that ratio, especially been made for 4k vids. Is there no settings to play with on that?

But yeah, it would be cool to see a vid of it.

Colour editing can be a very delicate art. I could probably do some for you on the photos, but never did much on video editing - and the raw footage would probably be a lot harder to share across anyhow.
    Talking of raw, does the camera shoot in a raw format or does it compress it to jpg immediately?

-checks what d-log means-

... Well, I presume it shoots raw photos then. :p
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse-Keyboard View Post
    Last time I checked (quite a while ago) I was around 55kg, which is roughly equivalent to a small feather.
    55kg? Jesus. That's lighter than a feather actually. You'd be a Super Bantamweight.
    How tall/short are you?

Congrats on finishing the exams.

33127...ladies
    EEIZT

WGN and I would both be Cruiserweights, for what it's worth. Hawkery would be a Super Welterweight.

-----
    -----

Spammer-in-chief Prolific Gaul MemberProlific Gaul MemberProlific Gaul MemberProlific Gaul MemberProlific Gaul Member Mouse-Keyboard's Avatar

55kg? Jesus. That's lighter than a feather actually. You'd be a Super Bantamweight.
    How tall/short are you?
    5'9"

The weight was quite a while ago though.

33,128 - EEIZB ...ladies
    Read the colour of the words (not the words). Blue Red Orange Green Black Red Red Gray Purple Blue

...ladies

Wowser, it's been quiet in here. First time I've turned on my PC in, like, a week.

33129...ladies
    EEIZQ

How are we all? Enjoy the 'lection?

-----
    -----

How are we all? Enjoy the 'lection?
    It went about as well as it could have. Hopefully there will be another one soon.

33,130 - EEIEO ...adleis

33131-----------------
    "Leaders don't create followers, they create more leaders."

THE
    NOTORIOUS
    CRUNCHIE

33133--------------
    "Leaders don't create followers, they create more leaders."

31,134 - EEIEA ...aldeis

Page 1657 of 1657 FirstFirst ... 6571157155716071647165516561657