Page 1655 of 1655 FirstFirst ... 6551155155516051645165316541655
Results 33,081 to 33,096 of 33096

Thread: Count to 1,000,000 (and back)

...ladies
    Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member laughing ram's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Berzerker View Post
    33080...ladies Struggling to eat. This sucks
    That sucks, dude. What's up?
    Hope you feel better soon.

33081...ladies
    EEOBI

-----
    Member of WGN ^_^ (but i only help newbs, rarely n00bs)
    -----
    I Have a BAN PLACEMENT CARD, Hooray!!!

Please eat Berzy!

Hai and bai~

Voted Sweetest Player of WvV Round 45
    ~*~
    He who has health, has hope; and he who has hope, has everything.
    Thomas Carlyle

33083...ladies
    ah money problems. Had to send some of the dosh back to my family due to monetary issues which lead to a shortage of money. Completely broke, ran outta food. Been doing the Frankie and Bennys trick and living on bread and some ramen a great friend sent me for the last month. Lost 6 odd kg too on the bright side.

Hello all! I thought I'd introduce myself as one of the mods for this area of the forum. If there's anything I can help with then feel free to get in touch

I'm also helping out with the WvV games, which if you have any spare time, feel free to join in on!

...ladies
    Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member laughing ram's Avatar

Man, I just wrote out this full post and my page broke for some reason and now I have to rewrite it all

33083...ladies
    ah money problems. Had to send some of the dosh back to my family due to monetary issues which lead to a shortage of money. Completely broke, ran outta food. Been doing the Frankie and Bennys trick and living on bread and some ramen a great friend sent me for the last month. Lost 6 odd kg too on the bright side.
    Dude, that awful.
    At least you're not sick, like I first feared. So that's a small positive.
    Are there any food banks in your area?

I suppose I can run through some standard cheap foods:
    > Ramen is a fairly cheap filler, but it's not particularly high in calories and is pretty lacking in nutrients. You'll probably get more bang for you buck with Rice as a filler, but rice is way more boring by itself.
    > Bread is similarly a filler, but it's got a lot of calories for not a lot of money. #BreadClub. But again, not really bursting with nutritional value.
    > Peanut Butter is a calorie dense boss. It's fairly cheap and rammed with protein.
    > Milk is a great option. I know water is free-ish, so you may not be thinking too much about drink alternatives, but Milk is pretty damn cheap and I mean, its literal purpose is to turn little baby calves into big ol' flip off cows.

So basically, if you're a lactose intolerant celiac with a nut allergy, you may struggle.

I don't know what the Frankie & Benny's trick is.

Now, I don't know how much I can help. But I don't want to see one of our dudes going hungry. So I'm happy to help out where I can. I can throw you some cash or see what options are available in your area or anything really.

33085...ladies
    EEOBS

-----
    -----

33086...ladies
    I appreciate that Rammy, but I already feel like a charity case and I don't like it one bit. Rice is a great idea, i'll take a look into it. Peanut butter=nut allergy, dont mix too well
    The Frankie and Bennys trick applies to any restaurant that leaves food out as a starter. You walk in and you take a seat. They give you some time to look at the menu- and usually leave some bread or something out for you to nibble on. Sit and eat for a bit, pocket what you can and walk out. Not a nice thing but im sure the a company that big can afford it

...ladies

33086...ladies
    I appreciate that Rammy, but I already feel like a charity case and I don't like it one bit. Rice is a great idea, i'll take a look into it. Peanut butter=nut allergy, dont mix too well
    The Frankie and Bennys trick applies to any restaurant that leaves food out as a starter. You walk in and you take a seat. They give you some time to look at the menu- and usually leave some bread or something out for you to nibble on. Sit and eat for a bit, pocket what you can and walk out. Not a nice thing but im sure the a company that big can afford it
    I know it can be hard to avoid, but try not to think of yourself as a charity case or in any way undeserving of help. Everyone needs a helping hand now and again.
    I'm much the same though, I don't like admitting to problems or asking for assistance. Even when they're just bad luck like this.
    If you do get to a point where you feel you need something, hit me up. Even if it's just a chat.

Shame about peanut butter though. I don't know a nut free alternative. Well, other than butter. :p

33087...ladies
    EEOBT

Anyway, I'll divert the conversation back to a more happy note.

IN OTHER NEWS: 4 DAY WEEK BABY! THEN A 4 DAY WEEK! THEN I'M OFF FOR A WEEK! THEN THERE'S A 4 DAY WEEK.
    WOOOOOOOO, BABY!

-----
    -----

33088...ladies
    Nearly payday, so close. Revision time, I've started to revise intelligently, focusing on topics I need rather than a big blanket revision session. Its making me feel a lot more confident in how i'm going to do. Bring on the exams!

...ladies

Best of luck on the exams, kiddos. And roll on payday for ya! ☺️��

33089...ladies
    EEOBQ

In other news: Beer and people yay!

-----
    -----

THE
    NOTORIOUS
    CRUNCHIE

33091...ladies
    Cheers Rammy. Summers here lads. My hayfever is telling me so

Quote Originally Posted by MOD Hawkery View Post
    Hello all! I thought I'd introduce myself as one of the mods for this area of the forum. If there's anything I can help with then feel free to get in touch

I'm also helping out with the WvV games, which if you have any spare time, feel free to join in on!

Please do not advertise other games in this thread

Last edited by MOD Hawkery; 15 Apr 2017 at 06:07 PM. Reason: Use of tags
    THE
    NOTORIOUS
    CRUNCHIE

33093...ladies
    hahaha i think they can advertise so long as the count keeps going up

...ladies

I have not been near my computer in a few days.

33094...ladies
    EEOQA

So, I had a birthday, which was really good. Went out for a meal with the fam on the friday (my birthday). Then went out for a meal with some buds on the saturday. More buds joined us post meal and we went for a wondrous, wandering evening on the town. Was a very enjoyable night. Much merriment was had and better bonds were built.

Also, relating to birthdays, I had a bit of a spending splurge on my birthday. I don't usually drop much money on anything, but I decided, 'WHY THE HECK NOT?' at, like, 2am on the Friday Night/Sat Morning. Bought myself a new, all singing, all dancing PSU - because it was the one item on my PC I'd always felt needed an upgrade. And I bought myself some Sennheiser HD25-1-II headphones.
    The headphones are crazy good. Like, I wasn't sure I'd totally appreciate the quality, but my god. There's so much depth and crispness to all the noises. It's like when you first put on glasses you didn't realise you needed.

-----
    -----

33095...ladies
    Happy Birthday Rammy! you should treat yourself every once in a while. I have a mate who I game with who does the headphone thing with amazon- he orders them, tests and sends back under the grace period. And he says what you just found out- headphones which are expensive are so much different and better than regular old headphones. Im gonna have to try it someday

Angelic

My life since I last posted:

Purchased a dji drone.
    Turned 26.
    Grandfather passed away.
    Financial year ended (final overtime tally came to 1053 hours).
    Lost 4lb (deliberate).
    Restarted running.
    Lost my cash card.
    Babysitting 7 lambs that for various reasons need to be bottle fed.
    And thats pretty much it. I really need to try and do more as jotting the above down was grasping at straws.

@B & LR - I agree on the headphone front. The quality difference between the high and low end products can be phenomenal. I've found the same holds true for speakers. I like the glasses comparison.

@H - Gratz on becoming a MOD.

@B - Sorry to hear about the money issues. My uncle once did a version of the Frankie and Benny trick when he was younger and traveling when he ran out of money. Instead of going in first he would wait for a couple to finish and leave in cafes and quickly go mop up the leftovers. I actually think in some cases he was able to get the equivalent of a whole meal especially when a lot of portion sizes now are too big for a lot of people to finish.

@Kabooja - Chef work is hard. I think the main issues I have with the work hours on the farm that grinds me down is the isolation. Added with the fact I spend a large amount of time on the sprayer (a job I hate) not taking holiday hurts. Its not that I didn't want to go on holiday, only the group I usually ski with couldn't do this year, others I tried to join had busy resorts with crazy prices for lone traveler & being slightly introverted I don't have anyone else to do touristy destinations with. New York by myself 2 years ago was fun, but your enjoyment is always enhanced when experiences are shared by others.

Others things I feel I should mention is the TV show Legion is brilliant. The script, the acting, the cinematography, it was all incredible. Defiantly worth checking out if anyone is looking for something to watch.
    ukx4, ukx7, ukx8 & ukx10 - wgn, wgn, wgn & wgn , ukx11 - emily , ukx12 - Milkyway , ukx13 - Smelly Romans , ukx14 - Ayra & illii
    s1,7 - Raving Cabbage

Page 1655 of 1655 FirstFirst ... 6551155155516051645165316541655