Page 1654 of 1656 FirstFirst ... 654115415541604164416521653165416551656 LastLast
Results 33,061 to 33,080 of 33120

Thread: Count to 1,000,000 (and back)

...ladies
    Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member laughing ram's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wgn View Post

England won so I guess that was good.

Just realised I've only used 4 days of holiday in the past year (not including Christmas week (which wasn't a whole week due to potatoes getting graded/moved)). Feeling run down.
    Only 4 days in an entire year? What are you, American?
    Dude-o, it's time for a break-o.

I know it's not easy for a farmer man, but that's a long time with no rest in this day and age.
    Take a break, visit a pub, punch a local, re-find yourself.

If you're unsure of travel destinations, Gloucester is dire this time of year.

33061...ladies
    EEOGI

In other news: Not much has happened of late. Outside of the New Japan Cup. The new Japan Cup has been excellent. NJPW is just incredible in general. Shout out to Gedo.
    But yeah, feel like I'm getting very bored in the day-to-day stuff at the moment. I'm yearning for some shaking up of the rego-formularo.

-----
    Member of WGN ^_^ (but i only help newbs, rarely n00bs)
    -----
    I Have a BAN PLACEMENT CARD, Hooray!!!

33062...ladies
    I saw some stuff about that particular Robowars MK. Did the guy really storm off because they lost to some kids?

This coming Friday I shall have been at Thierry for one year. Not once have I taken time off. I have been thinking about it but the timing is bad; many people have already booked time off and so I have to wait my turn. I was thinking possibly July/August when things slow down.

I didn't get see Logan, it had only just started and I am pretty sure that the theatre would be pretty full. When I choose which movie to see I pick carefully. One day I shall.

I think living alone is a preference too, Berz. I very much like time alone, but once in a while human to human interaction is nice, but not for too long. When that happens I need time alone to recharge my batteries.

I like that they are home now, Rammy. Makes the house alive again. But as I am busy 5 days a week at work I spend very little time at home. But to sit down have a meal together, go see a movie together is a nice change. The time apart I liked, but I suppose it is time to reconnect until they leave again in May. XD

Voted Sweetest Player of WvV Round 45
    ~*~
    He who has health, has hope; and he who has hope, has everything.
    Thomas Carlyle

Spammer-in-chief Prolific Gaul MemberProlific Gaul MemberProlific Gaul MemberProlific Gaul MemberProlific Gaul Member Mouse-Keyboard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Berzerker View Post
    33062...ladies
    I saw some stuff about that particular Robowars MK. Did the guy really storm off because they lost to some kids?
    He stormed off because his team decided to use an untested weapon (and hence lost to some kids). I was actually referring to the PP3D vs Cherub fight, where Cherub won, despite being completely immobilised (whereas PP3D was still slightly mobile).

33,063 - EEOGE ...ladies
    Join WvV Round 17:  Students versus Teachers!
    Read the colour of the words (not the words). Blue Red Orange Green Black Red Red Gray Purple Blue
    Count! - Steal a hill! - Do stuff! - Eat!

...ladies
    Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member laughing ram's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kabooja View Post
    This coming Friday I shall have been at Thierry for one year. Not once have I taken time off. I have been thinking about it but the timing is bad; many people have already booked time off and so I have to wait my turn. I was thinking possibly July/August when things slow down.
    :o
    Don't you have rules against that sorta thing over in the western colonies better half?

---googlebreak---

Having just looked at the minimum annual leave wikipedia page, I have concluded that Canada is indeed superior to America, but your minimum is still only half of the UK (10 days vs. 20). And you only get 6 bank holidays on top of that (UK gets 8).

The American minimum is 0 days. I don't know how Americans exist.

---

I feel like July/August would be a harder time to book. What with all the kids on their summer holidays. Then again, I suddenly realise I have no idea when the Canadian school system terms begin and end.

But anywho, enough of that, glad you're enjoying having the family back in the house.
    I'm still unsure where I'd stand of living with/without people. Like you, I also need my personal space, but I do expect I'd get awfully lonely after a while.

33065...ladies
    EEOGS

In other news: YOU'RE LOOKING AT ONE TIRED MAN RIGHT NOW.
    ... You're looking at a post written by a... You get the point. I'MA GO BED.

-----
    -----

Rammy, I did not mean that I have not been allowed time off. That would most certainly be illegal. I have had a few chances to take time off, but I always said no (family requests). Once I was asked if I was able to take 2-3 weeks off for Chinese New Year. But I opted to stay home and was adamant with my decision despite family pressure.

Interestingly, Chef asked if I'd like to work Valentine's Day, which happened to fall on my weekend. I said yes (workaholic), and I came in to work 8 hours (although I didn't leave on time). And then surprisingly on Friday he asked if I'd like to take Saturday 0ff (odd offer) acknowledging that I had come in for Valentine's Day. I was feeling a little beaten down at that point and I am not sure if Chef could see that, or whatever his reason, but as he offered me a day off, why not take advantage? When I told him I'd like to take the day off, he laughed. I think he knew I'd say yes; I could have easily have said no thanks, I'll work.

School is out for the Summer by then. School is out usually around mid-June and then it is Summer break. Back to school in September. Now Spring Break has started. Oh god the kids.

I think during Summer things will slow down and so it might be a good time to take a break. I should decide for how long and when. Decisions decisions.

Did you pass on your tiredness to me? I should go to bed earlier than usual tonight.

oh, also, saw Logan. Very entertaining. Next week my family and I are going to see Kong.

Voted Sweetest Player of WvV Round 45
    ~*~
    He who has health, has hope; and he who has hope, has everything.
    Thomas Carlyle

It has been a while since I've been here. Things have been busy. Most of the way through 1st year in Uni. Work and all sorts. Still working away on UK4 too.

Warning - irritant!

Epic MemberEpic MemberEpic MemberEpic MemberEpic MemberEpic Member Purplejelly86's Avatar

33078 .

...ladies

Rammy, I did not mean that I have not been allowed time off. That would most certainly be illegal. I have had a few chances to take time off, but I always said no (family requests). Once I was asked if I was able to take 2-3 weeks off for Chinese New Year. But I opted to stay home and was adamant with my decision despite family pressure.
    Heh, I was being a little bit factious on the legality. I'm just very much in the mindset of, 'I got holiday to spend, I'm gonna spend them.'
    Interestingly, Chef asked if I'd like to work Valentine's Day, which happened to fall on my weekend. I said yes (workaholic), and I came in to work 8 hours (although I didn't leave on time). And then surprisingly on Friday he asked if I'd like to take Saturday 0ff (odd offer) acknowledging that I had come in for Valentine's Day. I was feeling a little beaten down at that point and I am not sure if Chef could see that, or whatever his reason, but as he offered me a day off, why not take advantage? When I told him I'd like to take the day off, he laughed. I think he knew I'd say yes; I could have easily have said no thanks, I'll work.
    Man, I wish I had your drive towards work.
    It's crazy to me, to be honest. I'd take a break in a heartbeat. Then again, I don't really like my job; which presumably makes a difference. :p
    I imagine the job satisfaction is pretty high in the confectionery world?
    School is out for the Summer by then. School is out usually around mid-June and then it is Summer break. Back to school in September. Now Spring Break has started. Oh god the kids.

I think during Summer things will slow down and so it might be a good time to take a break. I should decide for how long and when. Decisions decisions.

Did you pass on your tiredness to me? I should go to bed earlier than usual tonight.
    Okay, so yeah, you have the same sorta set up to us in the UK. 6 weeks in summer, half term week, 2 or 3 or something weeks at Christmas, half term week, 2 weeks at Easter, half term week, end.
    I sure Zeta can correct me on the accuracy of that, it feels like a while since I've been at school.

But yeah, I try and avoid taking holidays when the kids are off. Flight demand goes up, so it's more expensive to go anywhere abroad and if you say at home, there's goshdarn kids everywhere.

And I apologise for passing my tiredness to you. It is likely my fault.

----

Quote Originally Posted by Templehill4 View Post

It has been a while since I've been here. Things have been busy. Most of the way through 1st year in Uni. Work and all sorts. Still working away on UK4 too.
    Welcome back /

33079...ladies
    EEOTQ

In other news: Another weekend in the books. Got a busy one next week, amongst birthdays, mothers day (don't forget, y'all) and working on a project I wanna put together.

-----
    -----

Spammer-in-chief Prolific Gaul MemberProlific Gaul MemberProlific Gaul MemberProlific Gaul MemberProlific Gaul Member Mouse-Keyboard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by laughing ram View Post
    working on a project I wanna put together
    What is it?

mothers day (don't forget, y'all)
    lemon lemon lemon when is it? What do I get? lemon it, I'll just ask my sister what I should get.

33,080 - EEOBO ...ladies
    Read the colour of the words (not the words). Blue Red Orange Green Black Red Red Gray Purple Blue

33071...ladies
    Damn 'booja if I worked that hard at what I study i'd be on 100%

Deadlines

33,072 - EEOTZ ...ladiues

33073...ladies
    ladiues. Mushrooms

...ladies

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse-Keyboard View Post
    lemon lemon lemon when is it? What do I get? lemon it, I'll just ask my sister what I should get.
    Your total and limitless unconditional love. And maybe some chocolates.

33074...ladies
    EEOTA

In other news: I have not been on my computer in a couple days. I'm not on it at the moment, either. I was planning to get an early night yesterday so I didn't even turn it on, but then had an unexpected guest pop round at, like, 9pm. What kinda uncivilised madman pops round at 9pm?! I have adult things to do, like sleep and complain about my lack of sleep. I didn't actually fall asleep until some time after 2am.
    To be honest, it was nice of them to pop by. And I mustn't complain about attention given. But BOY HOWDY I'm a tired cat.

My phone's Suggested Text told me to go with 'cat' there and who am I to say anything otherwise?

Man, past me would find it crazy that I'm complaining about not sleeping until 2am. I mean, current me would find that crazy if I'd gone, say, 2 days without waking up for work. But I hadn't gone 2 days without waking up for work, cos I gotta wake up for work, goshdammit!

... Well goodnight. /

-----
    -----

33075, i start to boring for ts2 now.

33, 076 - EEOTG ...ladies

So I went swimming for the first time in four years.

...ladies

33, 076 - EEOTG ...ladies

So I went swimming for the first time in four years.
    Did you manage to avoid drowning?

33077...ladies
    EEOTT

In other news: Good weekend. Nice to catch up with one of the best dudes I know. And then nice to go out for some food with the fam (and particular) the mother. Good stuff. Did none of the projecty stuff I wanted to do done though...

In other, other news: Manager was describing the office during a meeting today, explaining how sometimes emotions can run high and affect the work, focus on teamwork, communication, understanding, etc. Standard stuff. But as he was describing it he went along the lines of,
    'Like, Dani, I could come up to you on some days and you'd be like "YAARGH!" or Sarah, "WRAHAHWRAH!" or Ad, "PHURHH!" or Andy, "... Alright mate, want anything from Tescos?" You never really change, bless ya."
    I liked that. I like that the image I give off is someone who doesn't let stress or negative emotions get the better of him.

-----
    -----

Did you manage to avoid drowning?
    Probably.

33,078 - EEOTB ...aldies

...ladies

Probably.
    Good Job.

33079...ladies
    EEOTQ

Boy, it's been mighty quiet round here this last week. Where y'all been? How y'all been?

In other news: Wrrrrrrestlemania is today. The card doesn't fill me with hope, but fingers crossed they'll pull some magic out.

-----
    -----

33080...ladies Struggling to eat. This sucks

Page 1654 of 1656 FirstFirst ... 654115415541604164416521653165416551656 LastLast