Page 1628 of 1658 FirstFirst ... 6281128152815781618162616271628162916301638 ... LastLast
Results 32,541 to 32,560 of 33144

Thread: Count to 1,000,000 (and back)

Gotta get that money. Cash money.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    SOTF - Round 9: 4th; Round 10: 5th; Round 11: 8th; Round 13: 2nd; Round 16: 2nd.

Spammer-in-chief Prolific Gaul MemberProlific Gaul MemberProlific Gaul MemberProlific Gaul MemberProlific Gaul Member Mouse-Keyboard's Avatar

32,542 - EZSAZ ...aldies
    Join WvV Round 17:  Students versus Teachers!
    Read the colour of the words (not the words). Blue Red Orange Green Black Red Red Gray Purple Blue
    Count! - Steal a hill! - Do stuff! - Eat!

Comeonengland
    SOTF - Round 9: 4th; Round 10: 5th; Round 11: 8th; Round 13: 2nd; Round 16: 2nd.

...ladies
    Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member laughing ram's Avatar

I look forward to the Wales v Germany Final.

32544...ladies
    EZSAA

Wales looked so casual grabbing those three. Didn't seem like they really had to try.
    England, on the other hand, looked like scoring was akin to finding the cure for cancer.
    I don't know how we didn't manage to slot one by with all the chances we had. Then Slovakia went all lame and parked the bus to secure a nil-nil draw. Buncha lame-os. Slovakia we not be invited to the cool kid table. >8(

-----
    Member of WGN ^_^ (but i only help newbs, rarely n00bs)
    -----
    I Have a BAN PLACEMENT CARD, Hooray!!!

Angelic

Hey all,

So I recently got back into the game runescape. Its a guilty pleasure of mine I play seasonally, usually when work gets busy and I just want to escape reality. If anyone is unfamiliar with the game it can often be called 'grindscape' due to getting from level 0-99 in a single skill can take as long as 200 hours. There are 26 skills.

As a leisure player I wasn't the fastest trainer but I'd still managed to rack up 14 level 99 skills with 4 others extremely close to 99. I'd also racked up 117 days of gametime. Being someone who isn't against spending money on games my spending on there was no less than my spending on travian for in game benefits (£1000+ over time). My account on there if sold on the black market was worth £600.

So recently I got busy at work, needed an escape and started playing again. Finished off one of the slower skills to level getting it to 99. Decided to do a buyable skill next (buyable< using in game money to buy items needed to quickly train the skill; usually requires 100+ hours of money making in game to afford). Being unfamiliar with training this skill I youtube a guide which had 10k+ views, 90% like ratio and something that seemed pretty useful. They mentioned that rather than using a mouse you could get better xp rates using mouse keys as long as you use a 1 action to 1 click ratio. I asked some of the maxed players in my friends list if they'd heard of this and they said all the major xp gaining players in the game use this method. So the last couple of nights I've done maybe an hour a night of this method to rack up a total of 3 hours.

Tried to log on today to find my account has been permanently banned for macro play (botting). Runescape have a zero debate, zero tolerance policy.

The fact I didn't know I was doing anything wrong, the fact I know I was sat there in front of my computer clicking key after key on the keyboard activity playing the game and the fact that 117 days of game time have just been deleted like that make me want to cry. So depressed.
    ukx4, ukx7, ukx8 & ukx10 - wgn, wgn, wgn & wgn , ukx11 - emily , ukx12 - Milkyway , ukx13 - Smelly Romans , ukx14 - Ayra & illii
    s1,7 - Raving Cabbage

...ladies
    Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member laughing ram's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wgn View Post
    Dude, that blows. Like, really blows. I genuinely feel bad that that's happened. As an ex-scaper, I can empathise with how much a stupid, mildly customised character can mean to a man.
    The zero tolerance policy sounds bullhonky, but then I remember Jagex being a massive pain in the ass at times. You'd think that they'd be more willing to query it if it was from a user with a cape or two. But then, I suppose macro-ers would fairly easily pick up a cape.

Either way, that's a real shame man. I hate losing game saves and, while I haven't played in God knows how long (7-8 years maybe?) I'd definitely still be super down if I found out my account was rip (still works, l checked).

Laughing Ram: 99 Firemaking, 99 Theiving, 99 Fletching, 99 Magic. 8)

32546...ladies
    EZSAG

-----
    -----

I definitely didn't play it for that long... But that does suck

NI to beat Wales?

Spammer-in-chief Prolific Gaul MemberProlific Gaul MemberProlific Gaul MemberProlific Gaul MemberProlific Gaul Member Mouse-Keyboard's Avatar

32,548 - EZSAB ...aldies
    Read the colour of the words (not the words). Blue Red Orange Green Black Red Red Gray Purple Blue

32t549. yeah yeah foosball

...ladies

32550...ladies
    EZSSO

I'm gonna be very often without internet for the next couple weeks. Which also explains my current absence.
    I'm personally gonna blame my lack of internet on the Brexit.

(I voted in, by the way. I'm not an utter moron).

-----
    -----

Hey everyone,

Haven't posted here for years

Just wanted to say that there's a post on reddit from jmods clarifying the mousekey rules, not sure if I can link a reddit post here. Let me know if I can and i'll link you. If you didn't break the rules as they lay them out on that post then you should definitely post on reddit, I see them respond to posts about bans on the /r/runescape & /r/2007scape subreddits all the time.

I'm dreading the day I accidentally mess up and lose my account ;(

Angelic

I've never been on Reddit before and just had a google of it and don't have a clue how to work it. Maybe posting on there would be worthwhile as I really feel the life time ban for following a training guide I got on Google is too harsh. But... I really don't understand how to work Reddit?!?!
    ukx4, ukx7, ukx8 & ukx10 - wgn, wgn, wgn & wgn , ukx11 - emily , ukx12 - Milkyway , ukx13 - Smelly Romans , ukx14 - Ayra & illii
    s1,7 - Raving Cabbage

...ladies

I've never been on Reddit before and just had a google of it and don't have a clue how to work it. Maybe posting on there would be worthwhile as I really feel the life time ban for following a training guide I got on Google is too harsh. But... I really don't understand how to work Reddit?!?!
    It's fairly common for people to find reddit a little daunting.
    They basically decided User Friendly = Function Hostile, and went full on form-follows-function (outside of, like, subreddit css styles). In my opinion, it worked and I agree with the decision. When it finally clicks with the user, it really is top tier design.

But yeah, can be a little odd.
    Basically, you have the front page, which is a collection of voted up links from subreddits you're subscribed to. The /r/all front page is stuff voted up from all subreddits.
    Subreddits are ... subreddits. So, like, /r/gaming is a subreddit. If you were to go to there, you'd find just links relating to gaming. You can organise each subreddit by 'Hot' (the default reddit algorithm. Stuff that is the most upvoted, but based on time and frequency of votes, so old stuff drops and new stuff rises). 'New' (Sorted by, you guessed it, newness). 'Top' (Most upvoted, none of that hotness algorithm). 'Controversial' (Sorted by Controversiality. I don't even know why). Rising (new stuff, but with a dash of hotness). And some other crap ones (gilded? promoted? Wiki? Who even need 'em? No-one, that's who).

But really almost all of that was pointless waffle by me. You just need to sort by Hot 90% of the time. New if there's something... New you need to find. And Top if, say, you're on a subreddit for the first time and what to find the best it has to offer.

Upvotes decide how stuff rises, as discussed. Also adds to your Karma. Karma does nothing. But it's there and you want it.

Subscribe to the subreddits you want and get all the stuff you want. Or just go directly to the subreddit itself.

All subreddits have a super easy URL. reddit.com/r/SUBREDDIT - simple as that. You want nba, you go to reddit.com/r/nba (literally best place to get nba news). You want runescape, you go to reddit.com/r/runescape.

All subreddits are run by their own set of mods and anyone and everyone can create a subreddit. Subreddit quality can heavily vary because of this. Anyone can also create a post, but the upvoting/downvoting helps the free market of karma dictate itself. Good stuff, generally, rises.

Reddit is big-time in the world of... the world. Obama doing a AMA (ask me anything) on /r/Iama (I am a) a few years back hugely legitamised the site. There's always people ama'ing now. Gordon Ramsey, for example, is doing one tomorrow.
    This also means smart, tech aware companies use it as a tool to connect with its masses. Corsair, for example, has loads more support from redditors thanks to how active their team is on the likes of /r/PCmasterrace.

This leads us back to the delightful Luckies suggestion to use reddit. Jagex mods, being the nerds that they are, are apparently frequent users of the /r/runescape subreddit and the /r/2007scape subreddits. As such, it's a good port of conversation if you want to help free yourself. Now, I don't know enough about those subs to know if there's a preferred method - it's possible, for example, that the mods are /r/runescape don't want people making 'I'M BANNED, HELP PLOX' posts. In which case you'd have to find an alternative. But that sort of stuff will all be explained in the subreddit rules on the side of the page.

TL;DR: Make an account, subscribe to stuff and enjoy. It's ridiculously easy when you actually jump in and an incredibly well made a site. Its just a little daunting at first. Every confusing thing I've said in this essay is actually bleedingly obvious after a short stint on reddit.

32553...ladies
    EZSSE

EDIT: Oh, I forgot to mention, the comment section is the real bread & butter of Reddit. All links have a comment section.
    Last edited by MOD Keiji; 29 Jun 2016 at 08:37 PM.

-----
    -----

Angelic

That guide is insane! Thank you.

I've posted a thread and the instant response has been negative. I can tell already that I'm going to be bullied/abused/called an ignorant dimwit. Runecape'ers hate botters and thats what they've labeled me at from the get go. https://www.reddit.com/r/runescape/c...deletion_here/
    s1,7 - Raving Cabbage

I never got far with runescape. Deltoria on the other hand... is dead. But I had some fun.

(Probs should discussing other interwebs gamez in case there's any mods left in this forum. I wouldn't know, I don't leave this thread)

32556. whats the wierdest thing on your bucket list.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post

(Probs should discussing other interwebs gamez in case there's any mods left in this forum. I wouldn't know, I don't leave this thread)

If you don't leave this thread, maybe we need to come to you Richard!

I will however just leave this link here :p

Weirdest thing on my bucket list...I guess it's not exactly exciting but might not be considered standard bucket list material: live long enough to be awesome to any future grandchildren of mine.
    Last edited by MOD Keiji; 29 Jun 2016 at 08:51 PM.

32,558 - EZAAB ...ladies

Quote Originally Posted by laughing ram View Post
    reddit
    I still have no idea how to find your own comments in long comment sections.

Quote Originally Posted by Dockerty View Post
    32556. whats the wierdest thing on your bucket list.

It's not a very exciting bucket list.

There's a mod D: Is that old Keiji remade, or new Keiji from the ashes? hmmmmmm

Bucket list? Dying like Elvis, but replace burger with pizza

Angelic

Been a BT Mobile sim only customer for the last year now for the 20GB data plan. The only thing thats really got on my nerves with this (especially now that the new fiber optic cable in the village means my old rural adsl line loses all priority > Hello 0-1mb download speeds), is that they didn't allow tethering. It was to the point your mobile didn't even display the option for personal hotspot.

As the year was up maybe 2 months ago I'd been slowly deliberating whether or not to change to a new provider when randomly today I find I have personal hotspot capabilities. I hadn't heard anything about this so guessing it must have been a hidden update. Anyway, go BT!
    s1,7 - Raving Cabbage

Page 1628 of 1658 FirstFirst ... 6281128152815781618162616271628162916301638 ... LastLast