Thread: Capturing an Oasis

Default Capturing an Oasis

Ok, I have enough troops and a Hero Building level 10, The Oasis is in my 7x7.

Do I need to send my Hero in with my troops?
    Would I be able to Capture it the First time?

Ideally does anyone have a link to an Oasis FAQ?

commonly asked question, you need to hit the oasis until there are no amilas left, they may not all die first or even second time depending on your troop numbers and also animal defence

ones with bears, eliphants, tigers and alliagators are harder to take IMO, i will try dig out the link but be aware you may lose a chunk of troops. what server is it on and i may use a sitters account to drop the animals for you lol. also bear in mind that animals regenerate, if you hit it tonight, then leave it till tomorrow to hit again, you may have most of the animals back

link should be

http://help.travian.co.uk/index.php?type=faq&mod=556

save it as an internet favourite, it has all the info in there that you will need for troops and buildings...however only thing i cant fin on the FAQ site is how much it costs to convert each unit into a hero

Thanks, I am on the Speed server however I think my attack would be successfull.

I used the Combat Simulator to check, I will lose half my Troops on the First attack leaving almost no Animals.

Thank you for offering to Help anyways.

don't put too much faith in the combat simulator...it has a tendency to let you win without to much trouble....200 troops or so should do it but don't send your hero till the second or third attack.....this is only based on my own experience so try it out but don't expect the simulator to be precise....

Quote Originally Posted by Apophis View Post
    Thanks, I am on the Speed server however I think my attack would be successfull.

I used the Combat Simulator to check, I will lose half my Troops on the First attack leaving almost no Animals.

Thank you for offering to Help anyways.
    i would think seriously about what you are doing, you spend alot on upgrades, and alot on troops, the benefite of the oasis will not be as beneficial to cover your loss. i would wait till you have alot more troops.

Quote Originally Posted by gilbymoo View Post
    don't put too much faith in the combat simulator...it has a tendency to let you win without to much trouble....200 troops or so should do it but don't send your hero till the second or third attack.....this is only based on my own experience so try it out but don't expect the simulator to be precise....
    ignore that, if hero has health, send him/her in every attack
    1. gain XP for your hero
    2. hero should have somee attack points or offence points, this will mean animals die eaiser and you lose less troops

i only do attacks on oasis without troops when im taking an oasis from a defence village and im pushed for time

If you send 500 or more troops with your hero for a moderately populated oasis then you should get it first time. By moderately populated I mean under 100 animals and no crocodiles, tigers or elephants. If it has more than that then you will need a few goes at it or a lot more troops. Send your hero every time though - it's good experience for him.

post a copy of rough troop numbers and blacksmith levels, animals and hero details, let us have a look lol, also any gold for attack bonus?

my first oasis on server 3 i asked a player to clear it for me, he did with minimal losses, then i swooped in with hero to take it

try not to send defence troops, they are called "defence troops" for a reason

actually - you said you are on speed?

send me a PM with the co-ords. If it is remotely close to me or anyone in my alliance I'll get it cleared for you.

Senior Gaul MemberSenior Gaul MemberSenior Gaul Member major biscuit's Avatar

yeah same here, if you PM your co-ords ill see what i can do,
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkest View Post
    If I'm a Hammer would I really want to sacrifice my shiny polished banana by putting crayons on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by shaw 89 View Post
    If im skipping with a superman costume on and i hit you on the head with a hammer, would i really need to worry about having spikes?